What Real Life's Like (AU,CC,MATURE) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

EDIT= Isabelle I'm just editing this to say I LOVE your banner!

~*^*~Alex~*^*~
I slowly come too moaning as someone shakes me.
"Alright lets go then" I start to say I don't wanna go but the words all become mumbled. I squint at the persons face.
"What happened to your mustache" Jeff has a mustache doesn't he? Wait a mintue I wasn't with Jeff.... I was with....
"I don't know who you think I am Alex but It's time to go back to the house" the guy interupps my thoughts. We walk towards what looks like... I'm not sure what this looks like... I think it looks like stairs... not sure... I think I'm wrong... Ouch.... No not wrong... Wait a mintue I know who he is!
"Michael... go back to.... Ma...ria" I slur. Hoping I wasn't wrong.
"Taxis here for Whitmen!"
"DATS ME!!!!!" I yell making myself heard. I turn to Michael.
"You comin' or stayin'?"
Last edited by Luvya on Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

After my 4th drink i vaguely wonder where the hell Lilly is... Did she just come to this club to forget me? her best friend? Well obviously she did. Alex stopped by.... werd... he wanted me to help him with something... I wasn't paying attention... I think it was a party.. Prolly for that one chick.... I am not in the mood to throw a party so I just ignored him and ordered another drink.

I look over the railing finishing off the last of my drink and waving my hand for another. I hate sitting alone. but I don't really feel like talking... I think it would have been better had Lilly been on the show... at least she'd be having fun.... I don't like having these damn cameras watch me sit here and drink.. its quite annoying but then again its a chance that i'll probably never get again so i might as well pretend to enjoy it.

I grab my newly placed drink and stand up- looking around I notice that Alex and Michael aren't here anymore... i wonder if they left too.... I see that skanky bitch sitting at the bar.. please she is so whorish if her skirt was any shorter they'd probably call it a belt.

I chug my drink- it makes my head dizzy but i don't care i came here to have fun and i'm going to have fun lots of it... even if it means i gotta have fun alone. I turns towards the bartender and ask for another drink.... he gives me a look... please buddy i am not drunk so there aint no way hes got a chance w/ me... i've only had 5 or 6 drinks what does he think i am an amatuer? riiight.

"Can I get another?" I snap when he keeps staring at my chest... ok hello my face is up here not down there i think he needs to get his head checked out cuz he has serious direction problems.

"Oh yeah sure." He says making it up.

"Thanks." I say taking it from him without paying he can either put it on a tab or pay for it himself.

I wobble back over to my table and sit down looking over the railing again... i need to find some major cuties before my head explodes. i want to dance and i want to dance now.

I finish my drink - my stomach and head both protesting at how fast i drank it... but i dont care i am going to go dance... even if its by myself.
~*~*~*~

my part sucked... but oh well whatever.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Your part was great, Bre. My part is the one that is poor.

~Sugarplum

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

Shock. That is all that I can say right now is that I am in complete shock. Max is more accomplished than I would have thought. He is farther along in his education and is much older than I imagined. He attained his degree and taught high school. I really did not stand a chance with Max. Why would someone as accomplished as him want to spend any more time than called for with me?

I barely heard Max say that we have arrived through the thoughts buzzing around my head. I pay the cab the rest of the fare and head out of the car to move to the other side, where Max is waiting.

“Did you always want to study Poly Sci?” I hear him ask me as we start to head over to the front door.

“No,” I said as I shook my head. “When I first started I was most adamant about heading into the field of molecular biology.” I stopped speaking, and I think Max picked up on it because he started to begin on a follow-up.

“What made you switch majors?”

Did I really want to get into this right now? I barely knew him. Did I really want to get into something that I did not talk about in normal conversation, to people I have known my entire life. That is because they knew me. They knew why I did not want to discuss it. They at least knew part of the story around it.

“Liz?”

I turn to him before I speak. “I am all right. Just thinking.”

“Why did you try out for the show?” he asked me, quietly. I smiled to myself at the subject change.

“I did not.” The silence that fell over us was not uncomfortable. It was more like we were each deep in our own thoughts. I knew that he wanted to ask why I was here then, what happened. But I am guessing that he figured out that I was not the most open person in the world.

“The idea was not my own.” I stopped walking and began to draw shapes into the dirt that lined the walkway.

“Whose was it?” he asked as a smile covered his face.

“My best friends. I can only imagine what their motives were. And even then, I am not absolutely positive. I suppose I came for them as well as myself. It appears that they will be living vicariously though myself when I next talk with them.”

I could feel his presence to my left as I stared up at the few stars visible through the ambient light of the city. He shifted a little and I turned to look up at him. He looked almost ethereal as the silver light of the moon and stars above bathed his features. His gaze left the sky and fell on me, and I stifled a gasp as he smiled once more.

When the expression did not fade I looked at him questioningly. “Did I say or do something exceptionally comical?” I inquired.

He shook his head. “Just you,” he started then faltered. “Your speech. It seems to have shifted. It is more . . . More formal. Like you are addressing a dignitary or diplomat or possibly even a royal.”

“I am not,” I say. “My speech patterns are the same as they were earlier today. They are no different now then they were then.”

He gave me another look, and it is only then that I realize that I am doing as he said.

“I apologize if this has made you uncomfortable. I will do my best to remedy the situation.” I turn back to the house, but I am stopped by a hand, grasping mine. But it is not just any hand. It is Max’s hand. My heart jumped, and my throat closed. My eyes fall first to our hands, and then to his face with an expression I can not discern. The cameras following us fade away as I stand and wait as he begins to speak.

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ End Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>
Last edited by Sugarplum7 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Hey Katie! Great Post. Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. Yeah, I noticed right away that Max is the oldest of the crew, and Liz is the youngest. But it's only 2-1/2 years. Max really isn't all THAT much older than Liz.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*MAX*

Liz's little shift in speech is really quite cute. Charming, even. I can't even guess how often I've been reading a period piece and came away with that language style imprinted on my brain and tongue. I’ve had to consciously work to get back into modern English. I hope that doesn’t happen now. If I start talking like Liz, she’ll think I’m making fun of her.

She starts to apologize, and turns away, hurt. I reach out and grab her hand. She turns and for a moment, I forget why I was stopping her.

“Don’t change, Liz.” I tell her at last. “I think it’s nice."

"Nice?" she echoes, her eyebrow arching.

"Pleasant." I confirm. "You can talk however you like."

She's really so amazing. It's hard to imagine it. A pianist of near-Juliard skill, with interests in Micro-biology, Poly Sci and Psychology. So much skill and intelligence packed in that small, beautiful body. And she's not quite twenty-one. Alex is so lucky.

She's still looking at me and I realize that I haven't let go of her hand. Quickly, I release her. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to keep you up. I know you said you were tired."
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Another awesome Max post, Iz. And I know he isn't that much older than her. But he is ahead of her. And your Max's acheivements are quite daunting at first. Heehee!

Here's a Liz part. Not sure about how good it is though.

“Yes,” I say quietly, nodding. “Sleep would be heavenly.”

Sleep. Yes, that is right. We left early so that I would be able to actually sleep before the sun began to rise. It is beyond me how others can make it through a day without a decent night of sleep. And as tempting as that offer is, I find myself wishing to stay awake to talk with him a while longer.

“But I have not heard your reasons for being here,” I say to him as I began to walk up the stairs, hoping that he is following. I could look back, and I possibly should look back. However, if I wish to retain a semblance of composure I know I can not. If I do, there will be something much greater than a speech change. I might just become mute.

“What is it about this all that appeals to you so?” I ask, finishing my question. I find myself staring down the long hallway, lined with doors that our the bedrooms for the other housemates. Either he is walking me to my room, or we are just going to sit here while we finish talking. I am a little unsure as to which it will be.

Before he speaks I end up interjecting. “Sorry. It is proving to be more of a challenge than I expected.” I take a deep breath and turn to him, stopping our short trek down the hallway. I look up at him and catch his gaze. A soft smile curves his lips and sets me at ease. “What I meant to say was,” I start off, smiling a little at his sweet expression, “what is it about all of this that made you want to be here, do this?”

“Well,” he begins, and I find myself drawn to look up at him again. It seems that I am fighting a losing battle when I try to not look into his eyes, and I end up caught in his gaze once again.

<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Luvya - Thanks for the kinds words about my banner. A friend made it for me, and I thought it was gorgeous. Unfortunately, it's too big, so I have to modify it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*MAX*

I’m so glad when Liz doesn’t end the conversation at my suggestion of sleep. I don’t want to keep her up, and, truthfully, sleep sounds like a mighty good idea for me, too. But I just don’t want to stop talking to her. I want to keep watching her smiles, her sparkling brown eyes, the shimmer of her hair….

The only downside is that she’s asking about me again. I feel like I’ve already told her my whole life story, although, since I haven’t mentioned my hometown, I guess that’s not true. Still, I feel as though I’m standing on the edge of a precipace. I’ll say the wrong thing, sound like a fool, and the conversation will be over.

We pause at the top of the stair in front of a small sitting area, while she waits for my answer.

“Well, I got here through friends, too. I was helping someone brainstorm on what to do for a video essay, and we got to thinking about try-out tapes for the show. We decided that we would each make one. My friend was doing it for a laugh, but I sorta got caught up in it and decided that I really wanted to do the show. I’ve never been to Florida before.”

I see her smile, and I smile right back. “I told you. I like trying new things. The challenge of sharing a house with strangers, learning a new job, and doing it all on TV, just seemed like fun.”

“And do you still expect it to be so, now that you’re here?” she asks.

“Sure. I mean, it’s a little early to know, but I’m excited about it. I think it'll be a good time.”

“No regrets then?”

Regrets? Looking in her eyes, I can’t regret anything. Except that she’s seems to be interested in Kyle, and I know Alex is interested in her. But I don’t want to think about that right now. I want to just be happy that she’s talking to me now, and maybe, we can get to be friends.

“No. Everything here seems great, and I’m glad I came. I’m still a little nervous about making a fool of myself on TV, but that’s all.” I pause, suddenly remembering the blonde trio. I don’t know how I’ll get through that without hurting someone’s feelings. I just have to hope it will work out.

“What about you? Are you sorry your friends roped you into this?”
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

“Sorry? No. The experience thus far has been a far different than anything that I have done before. I would be remiss in a promise if I did not come.” After I said that I found myself leaning my back against the closest wall. I shrugged a little before speaking again. “And I can only imagine what will happen next. If I can count any of the people here as friends by the time this show is over, this would have been worth it.

“Everyone is so different.” The thought came out unbidden, but I did not bother to take it back.

“Yeah,” he said, moving a little to counter my position. “Anyone you like more than the others?”

At his question I looked at him. Not quite shocked that he asked it, just thrown off guard by it. The look on his face was unreadable, and I wished that I knew him well enough to read every expression that he gave, knew what every nuance of his body language said.

I shrugged once again. “I do not know. Possibly Kyle, but that is simply because of a likeness in his personality to Wes, one of my best friends back home.” There is a soft silence between us as he, I assume, ponders my answer.

“That question is difficult to answer. It seems that we are all wearing our respective masks when around others, protecting ourselves from each other.” I look across the hall at the picture hanging on it. I smile at it. Monet.

“Isabel, for instance, is and is not what she seems. She is the person that she is around us, but she also has another side to herself. At least that is what I have discovered in the brief time we were alone.

“And Michael. I don’t know. I guess that I hope there is more to him than what he has shown today.”

<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

"Yeah, I'm sure we all have a lot to learn about each other, still. I hope we can all be friends." I agree. I really can't believe I actually asked her about the other house members! Her answers are interesting, but she didn't mention Alex. I feel like I should put in a good word for him.

"My roommate, Alex, seems really nice. I think you'd like him." She looks at me with a strange, thoughtful, expression on her face. I hope I haven't been too obvious and blown it already.

"Yes, Alex seems quite genial, although I have not much opportunity to converse with him. I am looking forward to knowing him better."

I nod. That sounds promising -- for him -- although it makes something hard and heavy form in my stomach. I try hard to shake the feeling. I already know she's not interested in me. There's no point in dwelling on it.

I hope Alex will come back soon. I need to talk to someone about Tess, Isabel and Maria. Briefly, I consider asking Liz for advice. She seems to be pretty good at reading people, but I'm not sure I'm ready to talk to her about the other girls.

"So, have you given any thought about how you would like to celebrate your birthday? Since you're stuck here with us?"
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

"Well are you coming or not?" I slure to Michael. Not getting a reply my poor confused mind justs decides to jump in. I'm vagly aware of someone giving the taxi driver directions to the house which is good because I have no idea where it is. My eyes slowly begin to close once again and I feel a calmness surround me.

*FAST FORWARD TEN MINTUES*

"Hey come on guy, your here" I'm jolted out of my 'sleep'
"I'm here?" I echo still out of it. What the hell? I remember going out... something about the televion show then it all comes back.
"Oh I suppose you want some money?" The taxi driver nods.
"15 dollers" I pass it to him and then I got up and came back into the house.
"Maxie Max, Lizzy-beth I'm HOME"
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

“Stuck would not be the first would I would use to describe being with you or any of the others. Yes, I will have to face a hardship by not having my friends celebrate with me, but stuck, I am not.”

“Point well taken,” he said and waited for me to answer the question. I suppose that I will be unable to actually talk my way out of this.

“I do not know how I would like to spend it or what I would like to do. If I was to spend it with you, and the others, that would be nice. There will surely be other occasions I can spend with my friends.

“It does appear that Maria knows her way around Miami’s ‘hot-spots,’ so it should be fun.” The only thing that I am thinking about and hoping for is that I will go back to my old speech. Why do I have to have this silly thing to happen when I am nervous or distressed. Most people stutter, get sweaty palms, dry mouth, I have to sound like I am coming out of a nineteenth century, English novel.

Before Max can talk I hear someone yell into the house.

“Maxie-Max! Lizzie-beth! I’m home!”

A puzzled expression swept over my features and I look directly at Max. He seems to be as confused as me. That sounded like Alex. He sounded absolutely inebriated, and I suddenly find myself not the least bit nervous or distressed.

“Alex!” I exclaim as I head back over to the stairs, rushing down them to see Alex sitting on the floor, leaning against the door. I don’t even know if Max is behind me. I don’t care right now. How could they just do that? No one else is brought him here? They just shoved him into a cab and hoped that he got home all right?

“They just sent him home alone, drunk! He could have fallen and hurt himself,” I mutter under my breath, not sure if either Max or Alex heard me. I walk over to where Alex is sitting and kneel down in front of him. I hunch over to catch his eyes. “Hey,” I say softly. “How are you doing? Can you get up?”

He shook his head in the negative and looked at me again.

I smile a little. This is something I am good at. Just because I have never drank before does not mean that I don’t know how to take care of someone who is.

“Max,” I say over my shoulder. “Can you sit with Alex while I get him some water. We need to keep him hydrated. I am also going to see if there is any alcohol in the house. I don’t know if Alex gets hangovers, but if he does, having a drink in the morning might help take the edge off. You know, abstinence syndrome.”

“Yeah,” I hear him say from somewhere behind me.

“Alex,” I say once again, hunching to look into his eyes.

“Lizzie-beth,” he says, his gaze catching mine.

“I am going to go get something for you. Max is going to sit with you. Okay?”

“Yes, ma’am!” He says strongly as I get up. I spin around in a rush to get to the kitchen and because of my not looking where I was going, I ran straight into Max’s chest. I basically bounced off, and I would have probably fell to the floor if his arms didn’t come around me to steady me.

“Sorry,” I said, not looking at him. Being there in his embrace felt wonderful. And goodness, does he smell good! His arms fell and I went straight to the kitchen to get the water and see if there was any alcohol.

<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>