What Real Life's Like (AU,CC,MATURE) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MICHAEL*

Wow. Isabel looks GREAT in just those skimpy black undies. I stand there, drinking in the memory, as everyone comes in and starts fussing over Alex. Isabel is screaming about the carpet. She needs to get a grip and appreciate what she's seeing. I know I gotta be looking great in a wet t-shirt.

Max starts hauling Alex out of the room while Liz "explains" what happened to me. I haven't the faintest idea what she said, but I don't really care, either.

Alex mumbles something about Max bringing alcohol and I remember that he'd been on a booze run. Great idea. I follow Max and Alex out of the room and then head downstairs. I pass Kyle on the stair.

"What happened to you?" He asks.

"Nothing," I say, quickly moving away and into the kitchen. I find a box of supplies on the table and help myself to a beer. Taking off my wet shirt, I ball it up and leave it on the counter.

I reluctantly decide that it is too late to go out again, so it's lucky I now have a supply here. I'd take a few back to my room, but it didn't look like Kyle was interested in partying. I'm about to take a six-pack to the living room when I hear a splash in the pool.

Curious, I step outside into the heat of Florida and see Maria swimming in the pool, fully clothed. Hmm. Maybe she'd be interested in partying with me for a little while. I'm thinking she wouldn't drench a guy who's offering a kiss. I sit down and watch for a few minutes.

She swims down to the bottom and then just hangs there in the water. The tight dress looks even better when it's soaked. She looks like a mermaid, or something.

I take another chug and wonder how long she plans to stay down there.

Suddenly, another thought penetrates my fuzzy brain. What if she's in trouble? I stand up and walk to the edge of the pool. She's not moving. That doesn't seem good. I kick off my sneakers and put my beer on a table where it won't get spilled.

I jump in and the water feels great. I swim down to Maria, glad that I took those lifesaving classes. Everyone in California wants to be a lifeguard and I was great at it. Until I got fired for being drunk on the job.

I grab Maria's arm, and she doesn't respond. Turning her around, I get my arm around her chest, and swim her back to the surface. "Hey! Somebody give me a hand!" I shout, although I don't suppose anybody's gonna hear me.

I swim over to the ladder and haul Maria out of the water. She's still limp, and I'm not sure she's breathing. I turn her over my arm and squeeze her stomach. She spits up some water and starts coughing. I start to sit her down, and she swings at me.

"Watch it!" I say, moving out of the way. "I'm trying to help you."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

Liz starts to explain what happened to Michael. It sounds like he was making a pass at her, and she refused. Something about that makes me really angry. I wanna tell him to leave her alone, although it seems that Liz has already got that point across. I'm not sure where the water comes in, but I can't worry about it right now.

"Did you bring more liquor?" Alex asks.

"Not now, Alex. You've had enough." I tell him, then turn to Isabel. "Sorry about this." She gives me a grudging nod of acknowledgement as we leave the room. I walk Alex down the hall and sit him on his bed. He squints, looking around as I take off his shoes.

"This the right room?" he asks. "I don't want anyone else to hit me."

Hit him? Yeah, I bet Isabel did hit him, if she found him in her bed. "Don't worry. You'll be safe here."

"You sure you got nothing to drink?"

"Just get some sleep." I pull the wastepaper basket over. "Do me a favor. If you feel sick, try to use the bucket, okay?"

Alex nods and lies down. "Thanks, Maxie."

Yawning, I move over to my bed. I got my shoes off, when I remember the alcohol I left on the kitchen table. I should probably put that away.

"Hey, somebody give me a hand!"

Was that Michael? It sounded like it came from outside. I look out the window and see Michael climbing out of the pool with Maria over his arm. I turn and head downstairs tp see what's going on.
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

The water was all around me as I rushed to the bottom... and suddenly i felt weightless... all i could see was white... my head way completely gone... I didn't understand what was going on.... i didn't care really... and then it felt like someone had just yanked me back into my body...

My mind wasn't blank anymore and i was coughing out water from my mouth.... where was I? What the hell? Who's that?

I looked up into chocolate brown eyes... and i immdiately reacted my fist swung...

"Watch it!" I hear em say moving out of my line of fire. "I'm trying to help you."

"Really? you're trying to help me?" I ask sitting up and glaring at him... I don't even know where I am anymore... Why is he trying to help me? What's wrong with me?
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

"WHERE HOME" That makes my head even worse. Then Lizziebeth starts saying something about her and Michael no one seems to answer my question so I ask again.

"Did you bring more liquor?"

"Not for now, Alex. You've had enough." Maxie Max tells me as we leave the room. I hope he's leading me to the right room. I squint, looking around.

"This the right room?" I asks. "I don't want anyone else to hit me."

"Don't worry. You'll be safe here." Maxie Max replies.

"You sure you got nothing to drink?" I ask for about the third time

"Just get some sleep, okay?"He brings the wastepaper basket over. "Do me a favor. If you feel sick, try to use the bucket, okay?"

I nod and lye on what is hopefully my bed. "Thanks, Maxie." I then conk out.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MICHAEL*

"Easy, Maria. Easy. Just sit down, okay?" I lead her to a chaise lounge and help her sit.

"What happ'nd?" she asks. Her voice is slurring and she seems to be having a little trouble keeping her head vertical. Yeah, she's wasted. Why am I in charge of all the drunks?

"You tried to go swimming and you passed out in the pool. You almost drowned, but I think you're okay now." I push her wet hair out of her face. I'm stunned by what I see. Yeah, her eyes are a bit puffy, blood-shot, and unfocused. But she's still beautiful. Why the HELL are all the girls after Max, not me?

"You -- me -- drown'd?"

"I saved you, yes."

"Michael! I heard you shout. What happened?" Max calls out as he appears on the patio. It had to be him, didn't it?

"Maria almost drowned. But she's okay now."

"You need some help?" Max kneels beside the chair and looks closely at Maria.

"No. I think I got it under control now. Thanks," I tell him and then turn back to Maria. I should tell him to just go away.

"I'll help you get her inside."

"No. I think I can manage. Just let her sit for a minute."
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

"Easy, Maria. Easy. Just sit down, okay?" He says helping me over to a chair.

"What happ'nd?" I ask trying to keep my head upstraight while the butterflies dance in my head.

"You tried to go swimming and you passed out in the pool. You almost drowned, but I think you're okay now." He says pushing my hair out of my face, my eyes close for a second... man i'm sleepy.

"You -- me -- drown'd?" I say, i wouldn't drown thats just funny, i know how to swim.

"I saved you, yes." he saaaavvveeddd me... But he took my from my light ...

"Michael! I heard you shout. What happened?" I hear Max ask before I see him, man he looks goooooddddd.

"Maria almost drowned. But she's okay now." Michael informs him.

"You need some help?" Max asks coming to kneel beside me, I blush under his gaze.

"No. I think I got it under control now. Thanks," Michael says turning back to me... I feel weird.. with their attention... but max is actually noticing me... even though I still think Michael's nutty cuz I wasn't drowning.. How could I drown? I ain't even drunk

"I'll help you get her inside." Max offers and I start laughing.

"No. I think I can manage. Just let her sit for a minute." Michael declines and I want to pout.. Max is being nice... its nice.. and we should be nice.. and we call all be so nice... and it'll be nice... yep yep... its true... really it is.. i'm not lying.. nope i'm not... your lying.. or maybe i am ... who knows

"I feel fine, but I'm tired... Could you guys pwease help me to bed?" I ask batting my eyes...

"Sure." Max and Michael say.

"Thanks." I tell them as they loop my arms over their shoulders.

When we reach my room... its my room i think... they help me over to the bed.. I'm all wet from the pool... but its ok cause i'm tired.

"Goodnight." michael says heading for the door.

"Max?" I say.

"Yeah?"

"Could you stay and talk to me... Until I fall asleep cuz its dark." I ask waiting for his reply... I don't like the dark... it scary when i'm alone.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MICHAEL*

Max asked if he could help, and I told him no. Isn't that clear? I guess it wasn't, because he stayed, and next thing I know, Maria is batting her eyes at him and asking Max to help her upstairs.

Why the hell can't I get these girls to even look at me? I am SO MUCH hotter than that loser, Max. Look at me! I got the cool haircut. I got the look. I got the bod. I got the attitude.

What the hell does Max have?

He's has the girls, that's what he has.

By the time we get Maria upstairs, I'm pretty much disgusted with the whole operation. If she wants Max, let her have him. I don't need this. We sit her on the bed, I say goodnight, and I leave.

I head for my room and find that Kyle is already asleep. I go to the bathroom and peel off my wet jeans and socks. My shoes are still dry; I'm glad I grabbed them on the way up.

I fall into bed, and think about the one bright spot of the day. Well, maybe two. There was the club when Maria was actually talking to me. I did what Liz suggested and she was being really nice. But it wasn't enough. She didn't stay.

Of course, the other highlight was Candy. She really liked me. I know she would have come on home with me if Alex hadn't changed my plans. I smile to myself, remembering those last moments at the club. At least she gave me her phone number.

I roll over and am about to fall asleep when suddenly, my eyes fly open. Candy's phone number! I race into the bathroom and turn on the light. I pick up my soaking jeans and pull out the napkin in my pocket. Or should I say, the remains of the napkin. It's soaked through.

I put it on the sink and gingerly try to unfold it, but it's all become mashed. It tears and wads up. The ink is just a lot of blurry spots. There's not a single digit that I can read.

Not a single one.
Last edited by isabelle on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

The parts have been great! I wrote a part, but then it became obsolete with the other parts posted, so I did editing (I hope it was enough to make the part make sense) and I think it is postable. I hope it is. I am kinda sleepy right now. With that said, it might not make a great amount of sense.

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

After seeing that Isabel was no longer distressed at finding Alex in her bed, I left to allow her enough time to prepare for slumber. I made my way down the stairs and found that everyone had dispersed through the house, each going about their own business.

Deciding that Michael would not be the one to clean up the water spilled onto the carpet, I set forth clean it. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I underestimated the volume of the water pitcher. The entire section of carpet was saturated with the water, tinting the carpet a darker shade than the surrounding area. I made my way over to the kitchen for a towel to absorb some of the water. It was around then that I heard Michael shout something. What it was, I am not sure.

Am I imagining things, or did he sound the slightest bit worried? He could just be joking with the rest of the members still awake in the house, but the emotion which tinged his tone sounded too real to be false.

Placing the towel on the counter lining the wall, I made my way outside. On my way through the doors, I look at the expansive yard, trying to find any hint of where Michael was. My gaze traveled from the hot tub, over the rest lawn, passing the massive garden, and stopping at the pool. Max must have arrived here before I because he was already standing by Michael, who was sitting down on the concrete lining the pool.

I wish I could see what is going on, but with Michael and Max facing away from me and Max blocking anything else that I could see, there is nothing visible from my location. I thought to walk over to them, but then decided against it. They surely have the situation under control if Max was just standing there

I know a quizzical look was on my face, but I just brushed it off. If it was imperative that I know what happened, either Max or Michael would let me know. It is not my place to pry. I shrugged a little as I continued to walk inside to clean the carpet. It was apparent that I was not going to get to bed at the hour I wished for . . . at least not if I intend to clean the spill on the carpet. I will be content if I do not fall asleep down here, before I even make it up the stairs to my bed.

I made my way into the kitchen and retrieved my towel along with a few others. I entered the carpeted hall and knelt down over the spill and began pressing the cloth fabric down, picking up some water. I continued that same process towel after towel.

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ End Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

Michael and I each take one side and walk Maria into the house. She is seriously drunk. Barely vertical. Maybe it's my imagination, but Michael seems kinda annoyed by all this. It's not really my idea of a good time, either, but somebody's gotta look after those who have had too much to drink. And I'm really glad Michael was there to help Maria.

As we come inside, I see Liz trying to clean up the carpet and I suddenly realize that Michael and Maria are only going to make a bigger mess as they drip over everything.

"What happened!" Liz exclaims, dropping her towel and getting to her feet.

Michael just grunts and looks away, so I'm left to explain. "Maria nearly drowned and Michael saved her."

"Oh my God!" she says, her hand over her mouth. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah. She's just too drunk to be swimming. We're taking her upstairs." We pass Liz and head on up the stairs.

When we get to Maria's room, we sit her on the nearest bed. "Goodnight," says Michael, and he disappears out the door. I guess he figures his job is done.

"Max, could you stay and talk to me until I fall asleep, cuz it's dark." Maria says, sounding just like a little girl.

"Of course, I'll stay. But I don't think you'll want to sleep in that." Her demin dress is absolutely soaking, and wet demin is about the worst thing I can think of to sleep in.

"Do you think you can undress yourself, or should I ask Liz to give you a hand?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't know if Liz followed the guys upstairs, or not, but Max knows she's awake since he just saw her. Is that okay?
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

"I think I can manage.." I tell him smiling. "Can you help me find my pj's though? Cause I'm not sure where they are."

"Yeah." He says starting to search my drawers.

"Will these ones do?" he asks holding up my pink pooh tank and bottom set.

"Sureeeey they will." I say grabbing them... "If I"m not out in 5 minutes don't come looking for me."

I giggle and walk into the bathroom to change.