What Real Life's Like (AU,CC,MATURE) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

"And this is where you'll be working," Dave tells us as he shows us around the sound booth. "You won't be on the air until tomorrow. Today we have to teach you about the equipment and the programing - by that I mean your show - the stuff you're going to be talking about during the broadcast."

I nod, like I know what he's talking about, and I see that Tess is doing the same. Maria seems a bit distracted, not really paying attention. I'm sure it's her head and stomach bothering her. Or maybe it's us. She's probably still mad at Tess and me.

"Here are your microphones. You turn them on here. Make sure this light is on when you're talking..." Dave is continuing his instruction, as my attention splits.

I still want to talk to Maria about what happened, but we're fully occupied right now with learning about the equipment. I hope I get a chance during the lunch break.

"Max," Dave says, interupting himself. "I'm sorry. I have to ask. What happened to your face?"

"Oh, it's nothing much," I say, trying not to look as embarrassed as I feel. "Just a little mis-understanding with one of my housemates this morning."

"What about?" Dave asks.

I glance at Maria, but just say, "I'm still a bit confused by that. I hope to talk to him later and figure it out."
Elizabeth Evans
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Elizabeth Evans »

*Tess*

I'm really excited to be working with Max and Maria, but still scared. And my nervousness doesn't go away as we're told all about the equipment. There's so much to remember, I'm not sure how I'll manage. But I nod politely to show that I'm following Dave's instructions to us. For the most part, I understand what he says. It's just so much information to remember! :shock:

I look over at Max and see that he's also nodding politely. Maria, on the other hand seems a little bit distracted. She still probably isn't feeling terribly well. Fortunately, Dave doesn't seem to notice. Anyway, it'll be fine, because Max and I can fill Maria in on anything she needs.

Then Dave asks about what happened to Max's face. Yeah, good question. I still am curious what all of that was about. Max is a really good guy, and I can't see him really pissing somebody off to that extent. Max seems just as puzzled about it as I am. Interesting....

So after the introduction to the equipment, and the tangent about the earlier squabble between Max and Alex, we start to plan tomorrow's program. We all have a great time picking out the music we like and scheduling our playlist. We also plan scheduled breaks for commercials and news announcements. At one point in our program, we also leave time to play listener requests but still have music scheduled to play in case all the request slots aren't filled up.

When we're done, we all grin at each other in triumph. Dave even looks impressed with our work.

"We make a great team!" I exclaim.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

It's finally time for lunch, and Tess, Maria and I follow Dave down to the cafeteria. The three of us seem to be the first ones there from out house. I don’t expect to see Isabel, as I’m hoping she managed to meet Jake for her lunch date, but I imagine the others will be coming in soon. I’m looking forward to hearing how their days have gone, especially since I don't think we'll be sharing lunch with them after today. Tess, Maria and I will probably be on the air at this hour.

I take a deep breath at that thought. I'm not really sure I'm ready to be a live DJ. Dave promised to tape us on some practice sessions this afternoon. I hope that will help.

"Hey, Maria," I say, pulling her aside for a minute while Tess and Dave go ahead. I’ve been wanting to talk to her since we got here, but it isn’t a conversation I wanted to have in front of Dave. "You're looking better." She does. The aspirin that Liz sent and the passage of time seem to have helped a lot. Her eyes are clear, and her balance is back.

"Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better," she says, sounding pleased.

"I'm sorry about this morning. Nobody was trying to upset you." I don’t think we were wrong to keep her from driving, but I am sorry she felt hurt.

"She shouldn't have been driving my car!" Maria says, suddenly angry again.

"You were too sick to drive, Maria."

"I got here just fine on my own!"

"Yeah, you did, and I'm really glad. You were lucky.”

“I’m a good driver,” she says, sounding insulted.

“I’m sure you are, when you’re not sick.”

“Nobody drives my car, except me. Not ever.” Maria insists.

“You were willing to let me drive,” I gently remind her.

“That was different,” she says.

“Why?” I ask.

“Well, because you asked. And I trust you, Max. My car is very important to me.”

“Well, I know we’re still getting to know each other, but you’re very important to us, Maria. The only reason Liz was driving was because none of us wanted to see you, or your car, hurt. Yeah, I guess she should have asked, but please understand. Nobody was trying to be mean to you. We just wanted you to be safe.”

“Really?” she asks, sounding doubtful. But her mind is clearer, now. I think the reason and logic are getting through.

“Of course!” I assure her. “Listen, Maria. I promise nobody will drive your car again without asking, but I’m hoping you won’t try to drive when you’re not well enough.” I feel a sudden twinge of guilt as I remember that I borrowed her car just last night, without asking, to get the alcohol. Should I tell her?

“I hope you’re not saying I can’t drive now.” She says, crossing her arms.

“No,” I laugh. “I told you before I thought you’d be able to drive by the end of the day, and I think you can, now.”

“Okay, then,” she nods, relaxing her stance. “I guess that’ll be all right.”

“Good,” I smile. I gesture toward the cafeteria line, “Shall we get something to eat, then?”
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

Alex here is going to be our workaholic

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

My job rocks! Yeah there are a little techinical diffculties but not much I'm sitting at my desk now working on the website. It's going to be awesome! Alex Whitman you ARE a genius!

"Alex?" A blonde lady asks I think her name was Ava or Eva or something like that.
"Yeah?"
"It's your lunch hour now"
"Um... I'm just going to stay her if that's alright with you?"
"I would prefer you to eat something..."
"How about I make you a deal and I get a bag of chips from the vending mashine? I really would like to get the site up today"
"Alright as long as you do eat something" The blonde said reluclently.
"I promise, infact how about I go now?" I said getting up. Alright Time to go down to the vending mashine. There I run into Liz.

"Hey Liz! Hows your job going?"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

I hope we do see Liz at lunch. Everyone was a little late due to the trouble that morning, and if Liz started later than that, it wasn't her fault! :) If Alex is missing lunch, I guess Max will have wait a bit longer to figure out what happened, LOL. At least he got a chance to talk to Maria.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*MICHAEL*

I finish all the mechanical parts of the banner - the logo, the lettering, - everything that needs no creativity at all. Although I did use a more "interesting" lettering style for some of it than Sandy had suggested, I think it looks a LOT better.

I'm just starting on some improvising. A little stylized DJ booth in the lower right hand corner. I'm thinking to add some balloons in the upper left, and some other fun things, when Sandy steps in.

"Hey, Michael. Time for lunch."

I put down my brushes. "Hmm. Guess I should get cleaned up, first."

Sandy nods. "Do you know where the cafeteria is? 2nd floor. I'll meet you there."

I clean up my brushes so the paint doesn't harden on them while I'm away. Then I wash up, myself, and head downstairs.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

<center>~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ Liz’s Part ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~</center>

Alex! Finally a friendly, recognizable face! I have been working the entire time after the small tour and meeting explaining my duties and going into detail about my job description. It turns out that I am going to be responsible for keeping everything organized and on schedule, as well as making sure any big current event issues are being brought up when and if they should. And if Isabel is able to get any guests for the show, I am going to do some research in order to make sure that the right questions are asked, as well as their thank you gift is in order.

“I am having a great time, Alex!” I tell him. “How is everything going with the website?” I ask him.

I had talked to Merrick, as he had asked me to address him, about an idea that the company was thinking about launching, using any of my roommates that agreed. It does seem like a good idea in theory, but I am not sure about how well it will go over with my roommates. It would indeed give everyone something a little more fun and slightly more creative.

“It’s going good,” he said as he nodded lightly. “I am trying to finish it up today, then I can test it out.”

“That’s great, Alex!” I can’t believe that he is in such a different mood. He was so busy sulking earlier this morning, I thought he was upset with me for . . . Something. I know that he was angry with Max over something, but what it was, I don’t know. I also am not too sure about bringing that up right now.

“Yeah,” he said simply.

“Are you going to lunch?” I ask him. If he is going, then he can inform the others that I am going to take a later lunch than originally planned on since Merrick’s meeting ran over.

“No,” he said, “I was just going to get a bag of chips and work from my desk.” His desk? If he already has a desk . . . Then that is really my office across from Merrick’s.

“Oh,” I said as I tried to hide my disappointed tone.

“What is it?” he asked, picking up on my poorly hidden disappointment.

“Nothing. I just . . . I wasn’t going to go to lunch, and I thought that you were going, so then you could tell the others not to wait for me.”

“You have to eat, Liz.”

“So do you, and eating does not constitute a bag of chips,” I tell him pointedly.

<center>~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ End Liz’s Part ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~</center>
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

"Ya know your sounding alot like one of the office ladies out there, I had to promise that I'll go get this bag of chips, I promise I'll have a big tea but you HAVE to eat something Lizzybeth" I say suddenly I have a even better idea. "How about we go down and get a sandwhich or something and then bring it back up to the office therefore we can do our work and eat at the same time!" I say smiling. Alex Whitman, you are brillent.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

<center>~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ Liz’s Part ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~</center>

I consider Alex’s offer, smiling at his new petname for me, a name that I am hoping the rest of my roommates do not take to. Although, I suppose there are worse things than being called Lizzybeth.

I shake my head lightly. Even if I could say no to the sandwich, I doubt that I could turn him down when he is smiling like that.

“Sure,” I say as I nod my head. “We can go grab a sandwich, and then you can show me this awesome website that you are building.”

He presents his arm in a gallant fashion that makes me laugh. I take his arm and walk with him to the elevator. I know that I shouldn’t ask him about it, but I can’t stop the question from falling out.

“Alex?” I ask him as we wait in front of elevator. He doesn’t make a sound, just turns his head to me, acknowledging the questioning tone I held. “Why did you hit Max?”

I wait for his answer in silence. He makes no move to answer the question even as the elevator arrives. I walk into the small space, which was empty, luckily, and he follows suit, pressing the button for the second floor as the cameramen tailing us enter the confined space. The button lights up and he leans against the wall.

“You said that he was flirting with Maria," I say ending the silence between us. "What was wrong with that?” I ask innocently. Something isn’t adding up. It was already established that Max was flirting with Maria, but Alex likes Isabel, and Isabel, well, she likes Jake, apparently. Why would he take offense to Max flirting with Maria?

<center>~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ End Liz’s Part ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~</center>
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

"Because" Okay how on earth am I suposed to explain this? It's confused in my mind as well as everyone elses. "Because Max is a person who needsto learn howto treat woman nicely" I say simply. We turn into the cafetria and spot almost everyone else (apart from Isabel) sitting down at a table. If we are siting down in the cafetria I'm staying for fifteen mintues only. Liz can stay longer if she wants to but I'm not.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

Maria and I catch up with Dave and Tess. We chose a big table so there will be room for the whole house, if they chose to join us. In a little while, Michael comes over with his new boss, Sandy, and they both sit down.

"Hey, Michael. How was your morning?" I ask.

"Okay," he says, simply. "Guess I'll have to wait and see what Sandy thinks before I know for sure."

"Hey, guys!" Kyle interupts as he takes a chair. I look behind him, but he seems to be alone.

"How's the Sports department?" Tess asks.

"Harder than it looks," he says with a grin. "But I think it's gonna be a lot of fun."

I smile at that. I think we're all feeling pretty much the same way. I'm hoping everyone does well. Everyone starts talking about their new jobs. Sandy and Dave ask some questions about the house, and everything seems to be going nicely.

I find myself looking up several times, hoping that Liz will be joining us, but I don't see her until almost halfway through the break. She comes in with Alex, and I look away. As much as I know I need to talk to Alex, I'm really not looking forward to it. And I certainly don't want to do it in front of everyone. That would be a bit too confrontational.

I take a bite from my burger, as he and Liz head toward the servery. It looks like the two of them are getting along. I guess the drunken fiasco last night didn't hurt his chances with her, afterall. Maybe she's the kind who likes to 'rescue' guys. Lucky for him.

No, wait. Isabel said that Alex liked Maria. Oh hell, I don't have any idea what's up with him anymore.

I deliberately turn my thoughts away and try to focus on what's going on at the table. Kyle is talking about doing a live broadcast from a Marlin's game next week. He seems really excited about it.

"Hey, that sounds great!" I say, throwing myself into the conversation. "Are you going to be giving away promotional stuff? Hats or something?"