What Real Life's Like (AU,CC,MATURE) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

confrontations
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by confrontations »

*MICHAEL*

Kyle and I didn't rush downstairs right away. I guess that if we have one thing in common, it's that we both figured we better not look too eager to see the next girls arrive. But when we heard two more people enter the house, we decided that it was time to go down and introduce ourselves as well.

"Hey, ladies," Kyle says excitedly.

"Ladies?" the new guy asks.

Kyle nods. "Yep, ladies."

This new guy seems like a serious type, and for a minute, I don't know how Kyle's remark is going to go over, but then they both start laughing and shaking each other's hands and introducing themselves.

I could be less interested in Alex. I just spotted the newest female addittion to the house. Another blonde. Looks fiery. Looks like my type.

She's going around greeting people, and when she stops on me, she says. "Hi. My name's Tess." She extends her hand like she's not sure what to do, yet, and I shake it, saying, "Tess, huh? Well, my name's Michael."

"Michael," she echoes without a hint of emotion in her voice.

"Yeah. You better be prepared to be screamin' my name tonight."

She grunts and rolls her eyes, and, soon, the greetings are over.

"So, we were just talking about going out to the hot-tub after everyone finds their rooms," Isabel says. "So, does that sound good to everyone?"
Sweet and spicy . . . I'll have to keep that in mind . . .

Banner made by qt4167013
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

The brief conversation between Max, Maria, and I was stopped by Isabel’s sudden comment. The hot tub? I don’t know if I want to do that. I don’t want the others to think that I don’t want to spend time with them, but I don’t know how I will get through being in such a confined space with Max right there, with nothing but shorts on. I’ll just have to go with them and maybe find a plausible excuse before I leave.

We head up to the rooms, so Max can choose his room, and Maria hers, when the door opens and the last couple of people arrive. Alex and Tess. The seem really nice. And Tess reacted the same way Isabel and I do to Michael’s forward comments when he and Kyle came down stairs. I was quiet throughout the entire introductions, only speaking when I needed to speak, putting in my name and home state when it was asked. The entire time I was smiling. It was the only expression I could do. I was happy. I was in a huge house, with such nice people. All so rich in differences and warm in personalities. I found a friend in Kyle, and discovered that Isabel has more to her than meets the eye.

And Max, well. With a house this size maybe I can avoid him with the size of the grounds. I think it will be fine as long as he doesn’t search me out. I should be okay in a group setting, as long as my attention isn’t on him. If it is, I don’t know if I would be able to muster enough clarity to speak coherently.

I don’t know what it is about him that effects me so strongly.

After the loud encounter with the eight of us, we clamber up the stairs to go to our rooms or choose our rooms. Isabel decides that she wants to make sure that Max stays in her sight at all time and goes with him to find him the “best” room in the house. Much in the same way Maria does. Michael wants to try his best to charm Maria and Tess, and Alex seems to have been captivated by Isabel, much like Kyle had. Speaking of Kyle, he seems to have discovered an attraction to Tess as well as Isabel. I am not too sure about Maria, but she is sticking so close to Max he probably just gave up on her much like I did on Max, believing it to be more trouble than it was worth.

While the others go gallivanting through the rooms lining the hallway, I sneak into the room that Isabel and I claimed, bringing up my bags, and after multiple trips hers as well. I hope she didn’t mind, but I chose the bed closest to the window simply because it was facing a similar direction my bed at home was. I continue to unpack my bag and take out my swimsuit, and for the first time in my life I wish I didn’t listen to my friend Lena, when she told me “you so need to get and bring that bikini, Liz. It fits you so well!” Trying it on was a fluke. I normally get the more modest tankinis, but Lena thought it would be fun to try something I normally wouldn’t before I left for the show. So I bought it to appease her, but I could have sworn I left it at home. She must have known I was going to do it and shoved it in there, along with two more which were very similar, but a different print and different color. I continued to unpack ad found a note from her. “I knew you were going to leave this, so I packed it and a little gift from myself and Kels, along with unpacking the tankinis you always insist on wearing. We need to make sure you knock the socks off those guys you’ll be in the house with since you will be to shy and modest to do anything on your own. Love you, Lena and Kels”

My friends are just too much. I pick up the black one and my short robe and walk to the bathroom and change. The soft carpeting was heavenly as I walked out of the bathroom carrying my folded clothes and making sure the robe was in place and secure.

“It took you long enough!” Isabel said from her spot on her bed, already dressed and ready to go. “Thanks for bringing up my stuff.” She added that as a second thought, but it was still nice of her to add it.

“No problem, I hope you don’t mind that I took the bed,” I say as I sit on it. She shakes her head and continued to unpack her things.

“When are we going?”

“As soon as you’re ready,” she says. “Ready?”

I take a deep breath and nod. “As I’ll ever be.” She walks out the door, holding her towel in her hand and sandals on her feet. I follow, making sure the short robe is secure once more and my towel in hand as we walk to the hot tub, which everyone seems to have already arrived in.

“Sorry, we’re late. It was my fault. I was unpacking,” I tell them as Isabel steps into the warm water.

“It’s okay,” Kyle says from his place in the expansive hot tub. “Are you going to join us?” he added playfully when I still stood there with my robe around me.

“Yeah,” I say, turning around and taking a deep breath. I swallow and try to rid myself of the nervousness. I think I might just kill Lena and Kels when I get back home for making me wear one of these! I remove the robe and walk over to the hot tub, not looking at a single person’s face as I enter the water to sit beside Kyle.

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ End Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

I hope you all don’t mind the fast-forward. I will edit if it anyone does. Uh . . . Yeah. I just thought that the hot tub can be the real “getting to know you” place since it is a little relaxing for most people, and we are all together in a confined space and have no where to look but at each other.
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

Thats fine by me!

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

I get the feeling my nickname from Kyle from now on is going to be lady. I get that alot so I don't really mind. Then Max and I pick our room and get changed into our trunks. I can't wait till I see Isabelle in hers.
"So Any Girls that strick your fancy yet?" I ask Max on the way to the hot tub.
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

I go with Isabel and Max to find him the best room possible... Alex comes along but I don't really pay much attention. Alex is cute... But totally not my type... He' reminds me of my friend David..

I still haven't found my room but luckily once Isabel and I part from helping the guys I see Tess entering a room and head over.

"Nice room." She says and I nod setting my bags down.

I pick the bed furthest from the window and set my stuff down. I watch as she searches through her bag and heads into the bathroom.

I search through my bag... I wonder which bikni i should wear.. my blue one... pink one... red one.. or black one... they're all my favorites... being a miami girl i spend alot of time at the beach...

I grab my comb and finally decide on my blue bikni... it shows off all my traits the best... i like the way it fits everywhere just right.

I watch as Tess comes out of the bathroom and i practically run in there slamming the door i throw on my bikni before pulling on my wrap around and brushing my hair into a pony tail.. i love the way it shows my tan..

I fold my stuff up and throw it on my bed.

"Let's go." Tess says as i slip on my flip flops and grab my towel.

I'm not all that shy.. i've never been that shy.. and i'm hoping to get down there before Isabel does so i can get the seat next to Max.

When we finally get to the hot tub i see Max sitting there and i throw off my wrap toss my towel down and slide outta my flip flops before sitting right beside him which happens to be in the middle of that one guy i can't really remember his name...

I smile over at Max as I see Isabel coming down with Liz right behind her.
~*~*~*~

Ok.. my part SUCKED!!!!.... and i'll edit if max isn't in the pool but i assumed he was because in Katies post it said everyone was already there.. but if he's not then just lemme know and it will be no problem to edit! :)
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

My roommate, Alex, seems nice enough. I should be able to get along with him. I change into my speedo and grab a towel on the way out. I’m not really sure where the hot-tub is, but I’m sure we’ll find it.

“So,” Alex says. “Any girls that strike your fancy yet?”

The comment makes me raise an eyebrow. “I think they’re all nice. Why? Do you have a favorite already?”

“Maybe…” he says, evasively. I’m trying to remember if he had any particular reaction to any of the girls as they came in, but I really hadn’t been paying attention.

Alex finds the hot-tub right away. Michael and Kyle are already there, posted on opposite sides of the tub. They look disappointed as Alex and I arrive. Obviously, they were hoping for some of the girls. Alex and I take positions midway between each of the other guys so the four of us look like the points on a compass. Nobody says much, as we wait for the others.

A minute later, Maria and Tess arrive. They look amazing, in cute little pool-robes. The effect as they cast them off, revealing their skimpy suits and well-shaped bodies is fantastic. Every guy is watching them with rapt attention. Both of them settle into the tub on either side of me, Maria between me and Michael, and Tess on the side by Kyle. Alex, still by himself, doesn’t seem too disappointed. I wonder which of the other two is his dream-girl.

A moment later, Isabel and Liz arrive. Liz apologises, but Isabel strides in like she’s the star of the show. She glances briefly in my direction and then removes her wrap with flair. She slowly rolls her head and shoulders to flip her long blond hair around, before artfully stretching and posing. She slides into the tub between Alex and Michael.

Liz waits a moment longer, until Kyle asks if she's getting in. She has my full attention when she pulls open her robe to reveal a very tiny black bikini. She looks great. Her body is slim and wonderfully fit. Her hair is pulled back in a long ponytail, revealing her smooth white shoulders. I watch her as she slips in between Kyle and Alex. She’s almost right across from me, and my eyes stay on her as she slowly looks up from the water.

Then a bump on my arm distracts me. “Oh, sorry Max!” Maria says, beaming a smile at me while adjusting her position on the bench. “I’m just getting comfortable.”

~*~*~*~*~*~
I hope I got everyone's positions right. I didn't think Tess would sit next to Michael after her reaction to his comments, and I'm assuming she's on the same course as the other ladies. :D
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

I think that seating arrangement works. It looks something like this, right? Just want to make sure that I constructed the way it really is. But maybe a little more squoval looking. LOL!

<center>Michael
Isabel-----------Maria
Alex---------------Max
Liz----------------Tess
Kyle</center>

After getting into water and getting comfortable I look up. I think that was the biggest mistake I had made since I entered this house. The moment I did my gaze was captured by the most intense stare I have ever encountered. It was neither cold nor calculating, but quite the contrary. It was warm, friendly, but no less intense. It felt like a spark went off somewhere in me and I couldn’t do anything to stop myself from returning it.

I don’t know how long I spent looking deeply into his eyes, studying every facet they held within them, but it must have been longer enough for Maria to notice because she lightly elbowed Max, effectively tearing his gaze from mine. She apologized, and I made a note to do something nice for her. I needed to do something to thank her for taking away his intense stare. Lucky for me a conversation started up again that took everyone’s attention.

I turned to whisper in Kyle’s ear, not taking much interest in the discussion about what the house had to offer. “Did I miss anything big before I arrived?”

“Nope. Nothing but Maria scrambling to sit beside Max,” He whispered back to me. “I giggled a little, trying my hardest to suppress it. “It was pretty funny to see how hard she is trying to keep his attention to center around her.”

“Liz does.”

After hearing my name, I turn to the others, not knowing what it is that I actually do. I guess that is what I get for taking my attention away from the conversation at hand. I must have had a look of absolute confusion on my face as I looked at the other seven faces in the hot tub, some smiling, others of absolute indifference.

“I do? What do I do?” I asked as I sunk back against the jet located behind me, hoping hat the relaxing sensation would take some of my anxiety and nervousness away. The water was so hot that I could tell that formulating an excuse to leave would not be the hardest thing in the world.

“You play the piano? We were just talking about how there is a piano in that living room type area, and how it is out of place with the rest of the decorations. Alex thought it was odd addition since no one knew how to play. Isabel just said that you play. Do you?”

I found myself caught in the spell that his eyes created with a single glance, and swallowed past the lump in my throat. Fighting for control once more I look down into the water.

“Yeah. I know it is not the coolest thing in the world, but Mom wanted me to learn how to play, so she found an instructor and I had lessons since I was five. Don’t let that fool you though. I am not wonderful in the least.”

“HA! Yeah right!” I hear Kyle yell sarcastically. “You are amazing!”

“No, I’m not.” I shake my head lightly.

“Piano is not something I know much about, but at the dinner parties Daddy had, he had a pianist playing. If I had to say something, you are as good as they were, if not better.”

I could feel my cheeks flushing at Isabel’s comment. “Thank you for the kind words, but I am not as amazing as you make me seem.

“But you are, Liz,” Kyle says from beside me.

“No. If I was, Julliard would have accepted me.” The stifling sound of silence permeated the air after my admission, and I felt the unwavering wash of sadness cover over me. “It isn’t anything big. I just wanted to go to realize a dream my mother had for me. I would love to get to know the rest of you more, but I seem to have developed a headache. I guess the surprises and excitement of the day were too much for me.” I say that all, hoping the smile I have is hiding the sadness my face was sure to hold.

I extracted myself from the hot water of the tub and wrapped the terrycloth towel around me. I stepped into my sandals and picked up my robe, walking out into the expansive backyard. The grass was unbelievably green, and the flowers were colorful and fragrant. That is when I saw my favorite flower.

“Hey, Liz?”

Hey there, everyone! I hope the part was okay. I didn’t really know how to write something where a large conversation of eight people took place, so I just glossed over it. Liz was listening, but not really paying the greatest attention to it.

And . . . Yeah. Another open end in this part. I don’t know who would be the best person to go after Liz would be. I thought Kyle, but then I also thought that Kyle would know Liz the best and know that she like actually wanted to be alone with her thoughts for a second. So I don’t know. Whoever feels like it would offer more to the story and their character can take that part.

Oh! And I the flower that Liz is talking about were tea roses.
Last edited by Sugarplum7 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

I was curious as to why there was a piano there so I brought up the topic and Isabelle stated that Liz did. I wasn't quiet sure as to which one was Liz so I waitied till Max said something to her. Ah she's the one next to me.
"You Like Max don't you?" I whisper in her ear after she finishes her speach (if you can call it that). I sence something going on between them both. (Although Max doesn't want to admit it yet I can!). She turns bright red and I assume that thats a yes.
"Don't worry I won't tell him" I whisper. I cant help but take a quick glance at Isabelle.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Okay, I hope that this part doesn't mess anything up. If it does, just let me know and I can take it out in a flash!

~Katie

“Yeah,” I reply distractedly, deciding that the roses before me were more interesting than whoever decided to follow me a little ways away from everyone else. My reason for leaving wasn’t that transparent was it? Having a headache and leaving the hot tub wasn’t without precedent. Was it?

“You like Max, don’t you?” he whispers into my ear.

My eyes widened with surprise and I turned quickly to see whom I was speaking to. Alex. Alex had figured it out. He saw the reason why I clamed up whenever Max was near, why I never looked at him, why I avoided Max’s gaze like the plague.

If Alex knows already, how many of the others know? Alex was one of the last people here! He had barely spent any time with me, and he already knew that I had been attracted to Max. Did everyone know? At that thought I felt more than my cheeks warm. I felt a rush of heat rush over me, blanketing me from head to toe.

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell him.”

I turn around to face Alex. “Thank you,” I tell him. “I don’t want to cause any trouble. I would also be grateful if you don’t mention it to anyone else in the house. I am content just to be a friend than get between Tess, Maria, and Isabel in their battles for his affection.”

He looked away from me, looking back at the hot tub. “Do you . . . Do you like Isabel?”

His gaze snapped back to me and I could tell by his expression that I was correct in my musings. “I won’t tell if you won’t.”

A silence fell over the both of us and I saw that he was again looking back to the others. “I am all right,” I tell him. “If you wish to return to the others I understand.”

“Ah, but you don’t. I came after you with the promise that I would convince you to return. What’s that?” He asks, pointing at a specific set of the tea roses.

“Elizabeth Taylor.”

He gives he a strange look, and I giggled. “That’s the name of that particular breed of tea rose. That one,” I say gesturing to the astoundingly pink blossom with a white streak adorned on each petal, “is called Elizabeth Taylor.”

“I guess you do learn something new every day.”

I laughed again, despite my mood earlier. I guess it is just the way Alex is, but I found his “energy,” for lack of a better word, to raise my spirits.

“So, will you return and join us? I’ll even get some water and aspirin for you.” If he offered to get me aspirin, I guess the excuse of a headache was not thought to be completely false.

“That’s nice of you, but I can get my own water and aspirin. Tell them I’ll be back in about fifteen minutes?”

“You will be coming back?”

“Yes,” I say, nodding my head in the affirmative. “I will be back in fifteen minutes.”

I look back at him as he walks back over to his place and gets back into the hot water. Turning around I head back into the house to get myself some aspirin and a glass of water, to the others outside, when in actuality, I simply poured a glass of cool water.

Why did I just promise to come back? Why? I was free of them. I was able to simply go back to my room with Isabel and crawl into bed if I so wished. Maybe that was the problem? Did I really not wish to go to bed?

Taking a deep breath I catch the time and find that I still have ten minutes before I must return to the others. Refilling my glass with the cool, refreshing water, I walk back outside and make my way back to the tea roses. This is very much a pleasant surprise. With these here, I can easily find something to do if I need to. Caring for roses very similar to these was always something that I would do with my Mom on weekends.

I do owe Alex something for coming after me and convincing me to return to the rest of the “getting to know you” meeting happening in the hot tub at this very moment.

Looking through each and every bush I finally came to find it. Henry Fonda! I can bring him this and tell him my thanks. “Now, all I need to do are find the garden shears.” I look around me and try to see if there is a shed anywhere in the near vicinity, seeing nothing but the cameraman that was watching my every move in silence at first glance, I look again. There it is, I walk over to it and find the shears with ease.

Heading back over, with shears in one hand and my water in the other, I choose the blossom carefully. I place my water down and snip the stem to the rose I chose. I bring the shears back to their previous location and head over to the others.

“Look at that! She still has a minute to spare.”

I smile at Alex’s greeting as I take off my sandals and place my water by where I would sit. The rose in my hand still hidden in the pocket of my robe. I take off the robe, with a little less hesitation than last time, and take out the rose.

“This is as a thank you for coming after me earlier.”

“If I knew you would be gifting people with roses, Liz, I would have gone after you!” I smile at Kyle before stepping into the water and putting the rose in Alex’s hand.

“What is this one’s name?” His eyebrow quirks in question.

“Henry Fonda. And yellow roses mean friendship, in case you didn’t know.”

<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

this is Maria's bathing suit cuz i was bored and felt like sharing

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

Talking with Max is interesting... even if I do have to keep rolling my eyes as Michael can't get the picture I'm busy talking to someone.. he keeps nudging me. what is the deal with guys? I don't get Max... he talked to me and was nice and everything before we got here... now he's practically ignoring me.... Michael keeps nudging me... which I don't like and I dont get he seems to have a thing for that blond chick so why dont he go nudge her? and then the other guys are just like whatever.... I did not come on this show to have everyone ignore me...

If Lilly could see me right now she'd be laughing at me... cause I ain't ever quiet.. I'm always loud to her... I have never really had to fight for anything so it'd be a funny thing to see me trying to get Max's attention... but i ain't really into the whole competition thing... it gets kind of boring trying to win over some guy i barely know... but that doesn't mean i want her to win his affections...

I glance around the hot tub everyone else seems to be in some sort of conversations... Man I wish Lilly was here she'd talk to me... and we'd go explore the house together.... But of course they wouldn't pick to chica's from Miami... But that doesn't mean we can't have visitors

I lean back sinking lower into the water and watching the sky
~*~*~*~

LOL... i was thinking it'd be cool if I introduced Maria's best friend at some point.. maybe if they went partying or something... ya know how like in the actual real world if the person lives near by or whatever *unless they fly down* sometimes they have people over.. or something... well i thought it'd be cool to see what it'd be like if they meet Lilly... at like a club or something and yeah.. i'd play her or whatever for like a club part or something *shrugs* it's an idea lol
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

I thought it was a little overwhelming before, sitting between Maria and Isabel. This is enough to make my head spin. All three of them, Tess, Isabel and Maria, are talking to me at once. I'm trying to be responsive to all of them, but it's hard to keep track.

I feel really bad when Liz leaves. I was hoping we could all get to know each other. "We should see if she's okay," I say starting to stand up. But Maria and Tess each put a hand on my shoulder, and I stay.

"She'll be fine." Maria insists.

"I'll go and get her back," Alex promises, and he leaves the tub.

Oh, I think. I guess Liz is the one he thinks is special. I guess I should be wishing him luck. There certainly are enough other ladies for me to chose from. But I can't seem to feel that way.

Isabel had been telling us all about how her home on Long Island has a sauna and two hot tubs. One inside and one outside. Everything about her home, her family and friends seems to be so much bigger and better than here. I get the feeling she thinks she's slumming with us here in Miami.

"What do you do for fun?" I ask.

"Oh!" says Isabel. "The best parties are at my house. We always have a DJ and sometimes my daddy will book a live band for us."

"That sounds boring," Tess interjects. "Don't you know how to have real fun?"

'What do you do?" I ask her.

"Anything!" she says. "Especially if it's not quite legal!"

"Like what?!" I ask.

"Well, last week we snuck into the city pool, after hours. We then we spent a few hours spashing around in the water, just our own private party"

"How did you get in?" I wonder.

"Oh, my friend, um, maybe I shouldn't say who," she says, glancing at the cameras, "Well, my friend made a set of lock-picks. He's taught me how to get through some of the locks. But I'm not as good as he is."

"And that's fun?" Isabel asks, disbelieving.

"Sounds like fun to me," Michael agrees.

"Sometimes we sneak into the zoo, or other fun places, too." Tess added with a smile. "Half the concerts we go to, we get into for free."

Just then, Alex returns. "Everything okay?" I ask.

"Sure," he says. "She's gone to get some aspirin. She'll be back in 15 minutes."

"Good." I nod. "We were just talking about fun things to do. But Maria's the local girl. What's there to do around here?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hope that's okay. We haven't heard from Tess in a while, so I thought I'd write a little for her. :)