What Real Life's Like (AU,CC,MATURE) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Before the part I just wanted to say that I am really liking the misinterpretations of things. It is just so hilarious. Liz like Max, Max thinks Liz doesn't like him, Alex likes Isabel, Max thinks Alex likes Liz, Michael and Kyle aren't turning any heads, and every girl is attracted to Max. That is so funny!

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

I think I am with Max on this one. When he asked if we were going out tonight, I was thinking the same thing. Staying up and talking while we are here is one thing, but going out to a night club and dance until the early morning hours is just insane! I have to get to bed so I can wake up early enough for work tomorrow.

I get up with the rest of them and start getting ready. If it starts getting late, like two in the morning, and we are not heading back here, I am just going to catch a cab on my own. After that long train ride over here, the time in the hot tub was nice, but sleep in that comfy bed that I claimed sounds so much better.

I pull on a modest, black, camisole top, and a black cardigan sweater. I pull my indigo stretch blue jeans and black boots. Deciding on just leaving my hair in the ponytail, I dab on some lip gloss, and sweep a light layer of eyeshadow and mascara on my lids and lashes. I walk down to the living room with my purse in hand, along with enough cab fare to take be back here, should the need arise.

I take a seat at the only “safe” place in the room and wait for the rest of the girls with Kyle, Alex, and Michael.

“Play!” I turn to see Alex urging me to play something while we wait for the rest of the housemates. I suppose calling the piano bench a “safe” seat was premature. I was not safe from people requesting I play something.

I didn’t respond right away, and he decided to take that as an invitation to ask another question. “Can you play things that we might hear on the radio?”

“I don’t know many of those. And they are all Coldplay songs. One of the few I know would be Coldplay’s “The Scientist.” Mostly because I love that song so much.” I tell him.

“Okay,” he said at first, but then added, “Play that!”

“But I . . .”

“Play, please. At least until they come down. It looks like I might be one of the few in the house that hasn’t heard you play.”

I regard him critically, and then he began to formulate a deal. “If you play for us, I’ll play my guitar,” he says as he nods his head over to where his guitar is leaning against the wall, still in its case.

“Okay, but, don’t say I didn’t try to warn you.”

“Just shut up and play, Liz,” Kyle says playfully from his spot against the wall behind me.

I turn around to stick my tongue out at him in a very silly gesture, one that I would use with my friends back home.

I hear a light whir, which I can only speculate as being the sound of the camera’s zoom feature. I place my hands over the keys and take another deep breath before I begin to play again, for the third time today. I haven’t played that much in the past week, let alone the past month!

The soft chords begin float from the piano as I continue through the introductory chords of the song, and then progress into the rest of the song.

“Come up to meet you, tell you I’m sorry. You don’t know how lovely you are,” I say softly to myself. This has to be my favorite song by Coldplay.

“I had to find you, tell you I need you, tell you I set you apart,” I hear a beautiful voice begin to sing from behind me, joining in. I continue to play, but turn slightly to see Maria standing behind my right shoulder, singing the song as I play it. I never knew that she listened to Coldplay, but then again, I had never taken the time to get to know her that well.

I must admit that Maria’s voice is exemplary. She was great as I continued to play. I doubt that I was an equally grand accompaniment, but I continued to play while she sang. Alex must have moved because the next thing I know to be added to my playing and Maria’s singing was the strumming of a guitar.

I could not stop the smile on my face as the song came to an end. Now that was an experience I am glad I didn’t miss out on. I didn’t know that the two of them were so talented.

“I love that song! I didn’t know you knew how to play it!” Maria exclaimed as the quiet sound of the piano’s final chord faded away.

“I didn’t know Alex knew it either,” I replied truthfully. But for some reason, at the mention of Alex she rolled her eyes out of what could only be distaste. But what could you have to dislike Alex for? He has been nothing but nice the entire time. “He was great. The both of you were awesome!”

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ End Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

Okay. I know I took a lot of liberties with this part. I just had an idea and thought that I would just “go with it!” So I did. If anyone minds what I did, or that I used their characters with this song (or if you have issues with the song itself and want it to be something else), let me know and I will edit it or just delete this part completely. And I mean it. Anything at all, let me know.

I just thought that this would be something interesting that the three could do to kinda bring them a little closer to a friendship. If you don’t think that Maria or Alex would listen to Coldplay let me know and I will change this part. I just felt that the song was so great, and the way the three could come together would just blow everyone away.
Last edited by Sugarplum7 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Yeah, Sugarplum7, I'm having a lot of fun with this, too. I'm glad it was clear that Alex and Max were talking about two different girls, without realizing it! :lol: :lol:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*MAX*

I'm loitering in the hallway, hoping to 'accidentally' bump into Liz, when I hear music and then singing from the parlor. Remembering that Liz is our piano player, I hurry downstairs to see what's going on.

Liz is at the piano in a pair of tight jeans and a great black top. Alex is playing the guitar and it looks like the two of them are collaborating well. Maria is the one singing. She's got a fantastic voice! Sultry, I'd call it. As good as a professional, maybe. And that slinky dress is amazing, too.

I stand to the side and listen as they continue their performance. I hadn't had a chance to hear her play before and I have to say I'm in agreement with Isabel. She does sound amazing. I understand that she'd be upset about not getting into Julliard, but just being concidered has to mean that you are pretty great at it.

When it's done, I want to break into applause, but I hold back. When they're done complimenting each other, I step forward.

"I have to agree. You were all fantastic!"
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

I can't help it but I hear one of my favorite songs playing so i have to go down stairs where i see where the tune was coming from. Liz is playing it on the piano. I know i"m usually shy about my singing in front of strangers... well ones that i will see again. So i start singing and soon that walking in on me ass hole joins in.

When we finish I glare at Alex... i know he didnt mean to walk in on me and all... But still it isn't nice not to knock!

I called Lilly right before I came down here and she said she'd stop by the club and meet us. i can't wait for the others to meet Lilly... Lilly could give Isabel a run for her money... and it's gonna be funny to see who Lilly will like. i just gotta let her know Max is off limits to her.

I watch as Max comes over and says it fantastic. my cheeks turn red i can't help it.. since when did i get shy over a compliment? i dont know...

"So..." I say when I see Iz and Tess finally make their way down. "Ready to go?" I can't help but watch Michael... what is wrong with him? he is just staring at us all like he's seeing through us.. hmm.. weird...
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

“I have to agree. You were all fantastic!”

I blush at Max’s words. I wish I could have stopped it, stopped blushing at such an innocent compliment, but I could not stop that no more than I could stop breathing. I did not even know that Max had entered the room. But then again, I didn’t realize Isabel and Michael entered the room earlier in the day either.

“They were fantastic,” I clarify.

At that comment his eyebrow rose in question. It was almost like he was blatantly telling me I was lying to his face.

“This is something we should definitely do again!” Maria exclaimed from where she stood behind me. “Don’t you think so Max?” She moved, placing her hand on his arm.

It was almost like she was reminding me that I had to go through her to actually talk to him. I don’t know how true that is, but I did not need to be reminded. I looked up, expectantly at him, waiting on his reply as he stood there. I could not piece together his expression. It was rather puzzling, but it was almost . . . It was almost discomfort? How? Why would he not feel comfortable with all the attention the other girls were showering him with? Could he not want the attention?

“Yeah, Max. What do you think?” Alex asks as he walks to over to stand on the other side of him.

<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

"Me?" I ask, surprised. "I don't know why I get a vote since I'm not in your little musical group. But if I do, I have to say, DO IT. You three were all amazing." I send Liz a meaningful glance. She's not going to exclude herself from this. "And that was without any practice! If you continued this, I'm sure you'd soon be phenomenal!"

"I'm so glad you think so," Maria purrs, still clinging to my arm. I wish she'd let go. I'm not used to so much touching from someone I'm not actually with yet. Although, she sure is hot. And that voice was amazing. If it wasn't for the others, I'd probably have asked her out already. I'm beginning to think that of the three girls, she might be the one I like best, so far. Although, Tess is nice, too....

I smile at her, to show my compliment was sincere, and then share it with Liz. They were both terrific.

Then Tess, Isabel, Michael and Kyle arrive in the parlor together. Tess and Isabel are both staring at me and Maria. "Hey, everyone." I say. "You just missed the floor show!"

"So, ready to go?" Maria asks. Everyone seems to be as ready as they're gonna be, so we head outside.
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

Ok... I'm gonna do my first Lilly part.

~*~*~Lilly~*~*~

I can't say I wasn't jealous when they called Maria back and not me.. I mean hello what did Maria have that I didn't? I can't think of anything.. Maria's my best friend and all... but still I really wanted to go on this show... I'm happy for Maria though... she's really needed a break and all...

I walk over towards my bed when I hear the phone ring... God I hope its not Billy again... I already told him we don't want anything to do with him.

"Hello." I snap.

"Lilly?" I hear Maria say and my voice softens.

"Ria! What is up?"

"Nuttin we're going to vivid." She says and I grin.

I knew why she was callin me... vivid was my club everyone knows me in that joint.

"And so why ya callin?"

"Cause you know you want to come with us chica." She says and I run my hand through my hair.

"I don't know..." I say.

"Come on!"

"Fine... So what the roommies like?"

"You'll have to come and see."

"Ria! Any cuties?"

"Maybe..."

"Tell me!"

"Would I have invited you if they were dogs?"

"No." I say cause i know she wouldn't have.

"So i'll see ya there in 20?"

"Yup."

I click off the phone and get ready to do my make up since i'm already dressed before going out to my car.
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

I just wanna say that I won't be on til Friday/Saturday (Saturday/Sunday USA time) as where moving house so I'm not sure as to when the comp will be back up so this will probably b my last post till then.

~*^*~Alex~^*~

I couldn't help but start strumming along with my guitar as Liz started playing The Scientist once Maria started singing I couldn't stop myself I had to join them. After the song is over Maria glares at me oviously remebering the whole 'me walking in on her' but I swear to you that was an accident. it really was. Maybe I should apologize to her. She might warm up to me more if I do that. I remember my plan about Liz birthday and how we've only got 10 days so that's going to have to be done quickly. I wonder if we are aloud to invite people into the house because maybe Lizzy's parent's may want to come to the party. Note to self: Ask Camera People if we are aloud to do that.

I can't belive Max knows about Isabelle. I just can't. I mean it's only physical attraction here at the moment as I haven't really talked to her. Mind you Liz figured it out the way I figured it out about her and Max. They would make the perfect couple. They really would. I wonder if I could put some of my "Matchmaking" skills to the test....
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Kyle~*~*

After throwing an outfit on I rush down the stairs not wanting to take too long.

I sit down on the couch and look around the room while i wait. I wonder how long it'll take the girls to get ready.. they all seem pretty focused on looking good all the time..

I don't dance much... but i think it's a good way to get to know the girls... maybe ask em to dance... but i'm not really sure who I even am attracted to.. i have to admit they're all beautiful... in different ways... but i'm just not sure which girl is really my 'type'

There's Isabel... She seems kind of absorbed in herself.. she's hot as hell but i know theres that sayin dont judge a book by its cover.. but then again she seems to fit her cover pretty well.. she seems pretty icy.. but maybe getting to know her we'll all be able to melt that ice.

Then there's Liz.. and I really like Liz.. I don't think its in that way though... she's really cool.. she's sweet... she feels like a sister to me.. or a best friend..

Now Tess is a different story... she's wild.. and i like it... she seems nice and cool easy going... and i can't get over the fact she's really hott... i mean its a plus but her personality its just so out there.. fierce...

And Maria... she's fiesty.. she seems nice... a little absorbed in Max... but definetely hot... She seems just as wild as Tess and really confident..

All the girls seem cool in their own ways and i'd really like to get to know them but i can tell this isn't going to be the easiest thing to do.
confrontations
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by confrontations »

Wow, you guys, this is really great! This RPG is goin' so strong! I'm lovin' it! Like Katie, I gotta say that the misinterpretations people are getting are hillarious. I still love how every girl's all over Max, and I love the misunderstanding between Alex and Max about Liz and Isabel. Also, I think it's great that Maria and Alex and Liz can bond over something like music, but it should be interesting to see how Liz and Maria get along. Cuz Maria's really likin' Max right now. :wink: :wink: Well, I finally got around to posting a Michael. The outsider. hehehe

Ooh, by the way, bre, I really like the Lilly stuff.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*MICHAEL*

Never in my whole life have I had to work this hard to get a girl to notice me. Usually, all I have to do is say one word to them and flash them a cheesy grin, and they're throwin' themselves on me. But these girls all seem to be interested in Max, or, or music or something besides me!

I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm jealous, but I'm not hiding it very well, am I?

I trail along behind everyone as we get ready to hop in a huge van the show has provided for us. I hear them all arguing about who should drive.

"I don't wanna drive," Isabel says. "I just got my nails done."

"Oh, I completely understand how that is," Tess says. "You know, I think we should make one of the guys drive."

"I guess I could---" Max begins, but they all cut him off.

"NO!" Everyone but Liz shouts in unison.

Maria grabs onto his arm. "You don't need to drive, Max," she says with a flirtatious smile.

"That's right," Tess agrees, grabbing onto his other arm before Isabel can. "You can sit back with us."

"Oh, uh, okay." Max seems sort of uncomfortable with the idea, but goes along with it anyway.

"Well, I'm not a very good driver," Kyle says, getting into the van, seating himself in the back row.

"Me neither," Alex says, plopping down beside him.

"Michael can drive," Maria says, not even bothering to ask me.

"What?" I ask her. "Who said I can drive?"

"I did," she says, scooting in closer to Max. "Now, come no. We don't have all day, you know."

They all close their doors, and I slowly make my way around to the driver's seat. I get in and start the car and look at who's sitting beside me in the passenger's seat. Liz. The paino player. You know, she might be the only one in this house I have a chance left with, since she seems to be the only one not swooning over Max.

Disappointed as hell, I start the engine and take off down the street in the direction of this suposedly wonderful nightclub, hoping that this night turns out better than I'm beginning to think it will . . .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Michael thinking about Liz. UGH! I know. It's so wrong. But maybe it's just another misinterpretation. He thinks he has no chance with anyone else, so he starts flirting with her and then . . . *GASP* What will Max think? lol, I'm a dork!
Sweet and spicy . . . I'll have to keep that in mind . . .

Banner made by qt4167013
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

With all the commotion and everyone jumping into the back of the van to sit next to Max or relinquishing the prospect of driving, the only seat left was shotgun. So I got in and sat down next to Michael. The conversation seemed to flow really well between everyone, and this time I was attentive to what was occurring. I replied on my turn, and I offered my opinion when asked.

The entire drive over Michael was mostly silent, only shooting glances at me from time to time. The glances could only be thought of as flirtatious, they gave no room for misinterpretation.

We got out of the van once it was parked and started to walk over to the club. The girls still gripped onto Max, hanging off his every word. Kyle and Alex were behind them, some ways ahead of everyone. They were talking about something. Whatever it was I didn’t hear of. For some reason they didn’t want to include me in it all. I just shrugged it off as them wanting to get to know one another more.

So that is where I find myself. Walking down the street next to Michael, with Max and the girls a good ten to fifteen paces in front of us, and Kyle and Alex about ten to fifteen paces in front of them.

“I guess we are the stragglers. That is if you don’t mind my company.” I turn to smile lightly at him as I say that.

“I could never hate your company, baby.” Is he always like this? Always this forward? Did anyone bother to tell him that some women don’t particularly like being objectified and just shy of harassment?

“Michael?” I say. “I hope you don’t take offense to this, but has anyone told you that . . .”

“Told me what?” He asked. He really looks like he wants to know.

“Did anyone tell you that being as forward as you are to women, it might work against you. Being complimented is wonderful, but if you would tone it down a little, you might get a little farther.”

I turn to look at him and I could tell that he was shocked to hear this. “And for the record, lewd, invidious comments usually aren’t desired. It is not my intention to offend. I just saw that you were trying to start a conversation with Maria. I could tell that you weren’t fairing to well. Maybe if you tried a different approach? A less lewd, less invidious, less forward approach might prove to be more fruitful.

“I think that might be why the girls keep fawning over Max. His presence isn’t as abrasive. He compliments them, but doesn’t offend them.”

I really hope that he didn’t take offense. I don’t want to make some sort of enemy in the house. I just want him to be a little more successful in his wooing. It is not favored sight, seeing a person get rejected repeatedly.

<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>