What Real Life's Like (AU,CC,MATURE) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

confrontations
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by confrontations »

*MICHAEL*

So, we haven't even been in the house a day, but we all seem to pretty much have taken on these certain roles.

Liz- The nice girl
Maria- The wild girl
Isabel- The supermodel
Tess- The energetic girl
Kyle- The friend-type
Alex- The nice guy
Max- The STUD?

And then there's me. The Outsider. I've pretty much resigned to the fact that that's gonna be my role in the house unless I do something to change that, unless I try to fit in.

It's not like I'm gonna stop flirting with the girls and take Liz's advice. No, no, a guy never takes a girl's advice. But I think I might try to act semi-interested in the things they're interested in.

A girl came up to me and asked me to dance. (Hmm, well, apparently someone's interested in me and not Max!) I was looking around, and almost everyone in the house was either dancing or at least having fun. So, I agreed to dance with the girl, even though . . .

. . . even though I don't know how to dance.

I know I must look like a freak out here. I was trying to copy some of the things that Alex did, because, for someone I thought was gonna be a geek, he's a pretty good dancer and the girl he's dancing with seems to be pleased with whatever the hell it is that he's doing.

Just as the song is coming to an end, the girl pushes me away and rolls her eyes.

"What?" I ask her when she says nothing.

"Before you agree to dance with a girl, you should make sure you actualy CAN dance!" With that, she tosses her hair over her shoulder and walks off. (And I can't help but notice her nice ass as she leaves.)

I look over and find Tess and Max practically clawing over Max, wanting to dance with him next.

I decide that maybe I might be able to take them off of Max's hands.

"Hey, girls," I say, walking up to them. They turn around and face me and, for a second, they look at me like I'm a stranger. Then, they recognize me and the confusion on their faces is replaced with total uninterest.

"You know, I'm free right now if you wanna dance with me."

They only roll their eyes and return their attention to Max.

And my new legacy as the house outsider lives on . . .
Sweet and spicy . . . I'll have to keep that in mind . . .

Banner made by qt4167013
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Lilly~*~*~

Talking with Maria is fun... I missed her today.. it's going to be weird not seeing her everyday like i normally do but its cool that she's here and i have plenty of other friends... even if they're not as good ones as her... i will manage.. i am thinking of taking a trip or something.. going some place completely different for a few weeks.. meet new people.. do something new... get a breath of fresh air.. its why i love changing jobs i meet so many different people.

"Aye chica i'm gonna go down stairs and dance wanna come?" i ask as i eye Alex.. he's almost dancing with that skanky ho or he better be.

"Nah i'm gonna chill here." she says smiling at me.. i dont want to leave her alone but Maria's been here numerious times so she'll be fine.

"Alright lata."

I head down the stairs moving my hips to the music when i walk over towards the dancing couple.. he moves good...

"Can I cut in?" i ask giving the girl a look that says 'back off'

Alex looks at the girl and then back at me.. he looks shocked.. well most guys are i would be if someone as hot as me wanted to cut in and dance with me.

"I dont mind" the girl says running off.. good she better not.

"I'm Lilly."

"I know... I'm Alex." he says smiling at me as we start dancing.

"I know." I shout over the music.
Candy*4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Candy*4eva »

Okies I've read through this whole thing, hopefully my Alex part is fine with y'all. I've never watched Real World so...yeah crappiness ensures with me lol. Sorry if this part so sucks.

Oh hey bre, maybe you should edit in the first post that I'm temping for Luvya next to her name; so people don't get confused??

---

Alex

The club was actually wicked. The lights were actually cool, whizzing over you. Mind you, it would've been nice to dance with Isabel. Ah, she's so beautiful, but she's dancing with Max. How come Tess, Maria AND Isabel is all over him? What he got that I don't? The ears?

Still, I'm intending to have a good time. I was dancing with a chick, when Marias friend Lilly came and cutted in. I was actually surprised - the girl is hot no doubt about that but she wasn't Isabel. Hell, if I can't have Isabel then....

Daaaaaaamn, is she dancing real close to me? Shoot, the girl is very grabby isn't she? Actually it's kinda....weird in a sense but I can tell she's a cool dancer apart from the grabbiness. I gulped as she started rubbing herself, holy mother of god - please stop. I don't wanna lose my chance with Isabel.

"You're a good dancer Alex." she purred in my ears. I gulped softly damn damn damn damn damn!!

"Thanks. So are you." I didn't know what to say. What the HELL am I supposed to say when you have a girl rubbing herself all over you in public? Rub me some more baby? Take me? Like hell I will.

Lilly was being forward, it was obvious that she liked me, I prayed for someone to save me from this......Torment. Pllllllleeeeeassse. My face started going red from the heat, damn am I thirsty.

---

Sorry if this sucked soooo bad lol.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Candy4eva! You so didn’t suck! I don’t know why you always say that.

Well, at the request of someone, here is a Liz/Kyle convo. It will not measure up to the dance floor trio parts earlier, but it is something. ::shrugs:: Here goes nothing!

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

I lean back against the wall as the others head out onto the floor. Kyle walks over and leans against the wall beside me. I did not have to be a genius to pick up on what he was going to talk about.

“So, are you going to just tell me what was going on, or do I have to drag it out of you?” He asks me over the loud hum of the music.

“Could we possibly go somewhere a little quieter?” I ask him, looking up into his gray-blue eyes. I have no problem letting him know what is going on, but I was not about to shout it at him over the music filling every space in the room.

He looks at me, regarding my expression, before nodding and heading over to the lobby right outside the bathroom. It was just as quiet as the second level, but it offered more lighting. I just sat at one of the many couches that lined the wall, and he followed suit.

“So?” he asked as soon as I got comfortable on the pillow-soft cushions.

“What is it that you want to know?”

He shot an exasperated look at me before speaking. “Earlier, you practically scurried away from Max like a raccoon running from an attack by my mother’s broom. You were standing by Max one second, telling the other girls, and I quote, ‘I have it on good authority that this man over here would very much like to go dancing.’

“I want to know what is going on with you. Why run from Max? And how did you know that Max wanted to dance?” He looked at me, and I could swear that for one moment, I felt like I had to tell him everything. Maybe it would have been easier to tell him everything. Silly me decided that I needed to believe that thought for the split second it took to act upon it!

“I do not know. I just . . . I could not stand beside him. For some reason he is a distracting presence for me. I find myself unable to think clearly, standing next to him as I was. I was distracted. I had to put as much distance between us as I could, but still make it seem logical.”

“Whoa! Do you always slip into formal speech?” He said jokingly.

“When I get flustered, yes.” I look down at my hands and take a deep breath. “When Max came upstairs to accompany both Maria and myself downstairs, I caught his gaze and everything else blurred out of existence. I lost all coherent thought. I was talking with him, but I was not thinking.

“I reacted. It was pure instinct, replying to his questions without actual thought. The next I remember was his invitation to dance.”

“Why didn’t you!” Kyle asked me, practically screaming it out to the rest of the people around us. After a few brief stares everyone looked away, going about their business.

“I was frightened, Kyle. Being with him, losing who I am in his eyes for a split second, losing all logical thought, it gave me such a fright! I have never felt that way before. I am not like that! I am forever the logical one. I was afraid, and because of that fear, I ran.”

Placing my elbows on my knees, I rested my chin on my hands. I am in such a mess. “This is such a mess,” I mumble under my breath before Kyle spoke. I know he was going to speak. He was going to speak if only to tell me to stop speaking in such a formal tone.

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ End Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

Okay. I thought that since Alex knows, it would make sense that Liz would tell Kyle what is going on. He is a smart guy. He can put the facts together and figure out what Liz is going through. Heehee. I hope that was as up to par as the rest of the parts thus far.
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

Watching Lilly leave I wonder why couldn't just stay with me.. I passed up dancing with max to not let her feel left out.. I didn't want to leave her by her self i know Lilly could take care of her self but still.

I sit there for a few minutes before standing up and making my way over to the railing to look and see what everyones up to... i see Lilly with Alex... and damn she is totally putting her moves to work tonight... I learned everything i know about dancing from Lilly.... and boy can that girl dance.

I turn my head and see Tess and Isabel practically clawing each others eyes out trying to get to dance with Max.... I can't believe how close they're dancing.... Its sad really that max is dancing like that with them.. its not max's fault that i said no.. but then again i thought he'd be dancing with liz and unlike Tess and isabel i'm not really into the threesome dancing...

I close my eyes for a minute I hate looking sad.. but it's really hard to stop it... i rest my hands in front of my on the railing straining to see where Liz and Kyle are but I can't...

I turn my head when I feel someones precense..... it's michael...
confrontations
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by confrontations »

*MICHAEL*

After "dancing" with that girl, I pretty much gave up on trying to fit in. Dancing's just not my thing, and if you got a glimpse of me out there on the floor, you might believe me.

I decided that I'd rather be drinking than pretending that I wanna be dancing, so I decided to head on back up to the top floor where I saw they had a bar. Hey, why not get drunk, right? It's not like anyone in the house is even gonna notice.

I intended to just ignore Maria as I passed her. She's made it clear that she's not interested. (Crazy, huh?) She said hey, and so did I, and I continued walking until something told me to turn back.

I see her standing by the railing, observing the crowded dance floor. She doesn't look like her normal, happy, vibrant self. She looks almost a little sad and disappointed.

Maybe she's just feeling a little left out or something. (Welcome to my world.) Or maybe she's just jealous that Isabel and Tess are all over Max.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" she snaps back.

You see? This is what I get when I try to sound interested in other people lives. They just shove it right back in my faces.

"I don't know, I just thought that you might be a little upset that you're not the one dancing with Max right now . . ."

"Max?" she echoes. "Who said anything about Max?"

"I did."

She crosses her arms over her chest in a sort of sexy manner. "Well, I really don't care who Max is dancing with. Besides, I was the one who passed up dancing with him."

She's acting like it's not a big deal, but something tells me it is. I know I should talk to her or something, but I'm not real great at that kind of thing. What was all that advice Liz was giving me? I can't even remember what she said now, but I'm pretty sure it would help if I took her advice in this situation.

"Uh, you still seem kinda upset, though . . ."

"I'm not upset!" she almost shouts. "Maybe I don't even wanna dance right now. But, you know, if I did, then I would like to be asked, you know?" She throws her hands up in the air as if saying that no guy in this entire club would jump at the opportunity to dance with her. I know a few of 'em would. Myself included, if I could dance.

That's when I do something crazy, or rather I say something crazy.

"Maria, would you like to dance?"

She gives me a strange look, and then she bursts into laughter. "Look, I'm sorry, but I saw the way you were dancing out there with that girl, and . . ."

"Oh, was I that bad?"

"Well, no, you just . . . you have an interesting style."

"Oh, great."

She starts laughing again, this time not at me but with me. She seems . . . well, I don't know if happy is the right word to describe her right now. I guess maybe talking to me just might have taken her mind off of things. At least I hope it did.

Is this what Liz was talking about? Talking to Maria and the others about something other than sex?

"Well," I tell her, "you might have to teach me sometime."

She seems almost taken aback. "Uh, yeah, well, you know, we'll just have to see about that."

I nod in agreement and turn to leave. She turns back the other direction and continues to look out onto the first floor.

"Hey, Maria," I call to her, turning to face her again. She spins around and meets my eyes, and I suddenly feel my throat going dry. What was I gonna tell her again?

"If he's not dancin' with you," I choke out, "then I'm sure he's wishin' he was."

When she says nothing, I turn back around and head towards the bar . . .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, so I wasn't sure how to go about doing this part, so I tried to make Michael seem kinda confused because he wasn't used to saying that kind of stuff. If that seemed like a total 180, then let me know and I'll edit it, cuz, lemme assure you, the old Michael's not completely gone yet! He's still learning, and he's a very slow learner! But yeah, bre and I were talking about Maria maybe being sort of intrigued by Michael after this, so . . . *shrugs* Dun know. Just rambling I guess.
Sweet and spicy . . . I'll have to keep that in mind . . .

Banner made by qt4167013
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

First and foremost I LOVED that part Ash it was soo wow but you already knew that cuz I told ya

~*~*~Maria~*~*~

I sigh still watching over the railing when I notice Michael coming up the stairs… I tell him hi as he walks past and he says hey… I didn’t expect anything else. I mean Michael’s so far just that Michael.

Watching Max dance with them I can’t help feeling even more sad… I bet he’s glad he’s dancing with them and not me… I mean why would he want to dance with me? Why would anyone for that matter…

“You ok?” I hear Michael ask me. I know he’s being nice but I can’t help it.. it can’t be that obvious I’m feeling down.

I know its’ mean to be rude to Michael when he’s not acting so Michael like… but still I can’t help it I don’t want to be vunerable which means nothing is wrong with me… if he can’t see it then its not there right?

“I don’t know, I just thought that you might be a little upset that you’re not the one dancing with Max right now…” he says and I want to smack him… what makes him think Max choice not to dance with me? It was the other way around.

“Max?” I repeat. “Who said anything about Max?”

“I did.” He says.

I cross my arms over my chest moving my hip to the side “Well I really don’t care who Max is dancing with. Besides, I was the one who passed up dancing with him.”

It’s not a big deal I choice not to dance with max… so why is he acting like I was just rejected? Michael is acting different but it’s a nice different…

“Uh, you still seem kinda upset, though…” He says… I am not upset ok please I could get many more like Max what makes Michael think Max is so damn special?

"I'm not upset!" I say loudly.. "Maybe I don't even wanna dance right now. But, you know, if I did, then I would like to be asked, you know?" I say throwing my hands in the air. No one wants to dance with me… max probably asked me so I wouldn’t feel left out… I know its really cool and I’m happy he asked me.. but maybe it’s fake.. I mean no one else wants to dance with me so why would he of wanted to?

"Maria, would you like to dance?" He asks me shocking me to the core. I look at him strangely before bursting into laughter I can’t help it but wow I watched him dance no offense but DAMN.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I saw the way you were dancing out there with that girl, and . . ." I say trying not to sound rude.

"Oh, was I that bad?"

"Well, no, you just . . . you have an interesting style." I tell him which is true.. he had potential he just uses his moves weird…

"Oh, great."

I start laughing again I can’t help it…. I’m laughing with him… its just well you know he’s so cute in a way I didn’t notice earlier… like vulnerable… wants to prove himself.

"Well," He says, "you might have to teach me sometime."

I look at him I wasn’t expecting that. But I definitely think I could… it’d be interesting to see him trying to learn. . "Uh, yeah, well, you know, we'll just have to see about that."

He nods and turns to leave.

"Hey, Maria," He says and I turn around his eyes meeting mine. My breath leaving my throat… I don’t understand what this feeling is…

"If he's not dancin' with you," He says and I raise my eyebrow. "then I'm sure he's wishin' he was."

I can’t say anything… that has to be the sweetest thing someone’s ever said to me in a long time… I mean I doubt its true.. but Michael of all people saying that to me.. well its just nice.. I hope he doesn’t think I’m rude I just couldn’t bring myself to say anything.. I feel speechless…

“Michael?” I say as I see him over by the bar. He hears my voice and turns around his face questioning me.

“Thanks.” I tell him smiling before turning back around.

Michael may not be the guy i originally pegged him to be... maybe he's not all about sex and flirting.. it seems there's more to him then meets the eye.. and if i'm right then i'm going to find out just what Michael's all about

~*~*~

my part sucked
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Lilly~*~*~

I am putting my dancing skills to work... this boy can dance... and i know i can so we must be burning up the floor..i can feel the heat radiating off his body and warming mine up.. i love dancing its fun and fast... well usually i love grinding its a lot of fun not in a sick way but i just like being combined with someone and feeling them against me its not sexual really not to me anyway.. it's more of a fun wild thing...

"You're a damn good dancer." i purr into his ear. he tells me i am.. well thats nice of him... i mean most guys act like i am a slut when i dance like this.. and that's not my intention.. i am just letting loose and having fun.. what's wrong with that?
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

I was pleased when Michael came over and offered to dance with either Isabel or Tess. Unfortunately, neither one of them was interested in taking him up on his suggestion. So I'm still torn between two excellent dancers, trying to show any favoritism for one over the other. Although I think I actually do have a preference.

I glance over at Alex, wondering if his dance partner may have moved on, leaving him free to take Isabel for a song or three. Unfortunately, just as I look up, I see Lilly sashay over and cut in on Alex. There goes my hoped-for assist!

Isabel cuts back in. As we turn about, I catch another glimpse of Alex and Lilly, and my eyes widen in surprise. She's really being forward. She's dancing very closely, grabbing Alex's rear and rubbing her own body. Man, she's worse than Tess or Isabel!

I try and keep the girls between me and Alex, hoping that they won't see Lilly's performance and become inspired. They're both already dancing plenty close and with quite a few insistant touches of their own.

My plan fails, as Tess cuts back in on Isabel, and Izzy turns and spies Alex and Lilly. Her eyes seem to flash with fire, and she begins a solo dance between me and him. A dance that seems designed to draw the eye of every male in the room. I bet her daddy never expected those expensive dance lessons to be used like this!

With an effort, I turn my eyes away, and focus on my current partner, Tess. Her pretty smile. The mischeivious glint in her eyes. She's playful, energetic and fun. If she and the others weren't trying so hard to .... maul me, I think I could really like being her friend.

I suddenly find myself thinking of Liz, and how she refused my overture. And Maria, who had stayed above with Lilly. But, Lilly's here now. So where, I wonder, is Maria?
Last edited by isabelle on Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

~*~*~Kyle~*~*~

I watch Liz leaning against the wall watching them... I know somethings up and she better tell me.. cuz i know i will find out the easy way or the hard way.

“So, are you going to just tell me what was going on, or do I have to drag it out of you?” I ask hoping she hears me since the music is so loud down here.

“Could we possibly go somewhere a little quieter?” She asks and our eyes lock for a moment... I can tell she doesn't want everyone knowing so I nod and we make our way over towards the lobby which is right outside the bathrooms. its quiet over here i observe alot quieter then out there. She moves to sit on one of the couches that are lined up against the wall i follow sitting down.

“So?” I ask getting comfortable against the pillow cushions.

“What is it that you want to know?” She asks like she doesn't know... please don't play innocent with me... i can read her.. it's weird but it feels like i can...

“Earlier, you practically scurried away from Max like a raccoon running from an attack by my mother’s broom. You were standing by Max one second, telling the other girls, and I quote, ‘I have it on good authority that this man over here would very much like to go dancing.’ I tell her.

“I want to know what is going on with you. Why run from Max? And how did you know that Max wanted to dance?” I finish looking at her and waiting for her answer.

“I do not know. I just . . . I could not stand beside him. For some reason he is a distracting presence for me. I find myself unable to think clearly, standing next to him as I was. I was distracted. I had to put as much distance between us as I could, but still make it seem logical.” She goes and she sounds like she's giving a presentation....

“Whoa! Do you always slip into formal speech?” i joke.

“When I get flustered, yes.” she says looking down. “When Max came upstairs to accompany both Maria and myself downstairs, I caught his gaze and everything else blurred out of existence. I lost all coherent thought. I was talking with him, but I was not thinking.

“I reacted. It was pure instinct, replying to his questions without actual thought. The next I remember was his invitation to dance.” she says and i dont understand if she wanted to dance with him then why didnt she accept?

“Why didn’t you!” I say a little too loudly since i notice people glance at us.

“I was frightened, Kyle. Being with him, losing who I am in his eyes for a split second, losing all logical thought, it gave me such a fright! I have never felt that way before. I am not like that! I am forever the logical one. I was afraid, and because of that fear, I ran.” she tells me and i can understand that.. i get that way a lot actually.. i get scared and then i can't go through with things... i panic too.

She places her elbows on her knees and rests her chin in her hadns.

Placing my elbows on my knees, I rested my chin on my hands. “This is such a mess,” I hear her mumble and i shake my head.

"I know you're nervous... and its making you act like your giving some presentation by the voice you've been using.. but i know how it feels to panic ya know? I haven't always been this smooth." I joke trying to get her minds off things.

"It'll be ok Lizzie." I say nicknaming her. "We can have fun! You can even dance with me."
~*~*~*

my part sucked.. sorry