The Missing Piece (CC, MATURE/ADULT accepted)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- I had thought that seeing Kyle trying to get others to be with Liz would have eased Sarah's fears a bit. Oh well.

*Kyle*

“Whether we waltz or not, I’m alright. But, I can guarantee that you’d do fine either way. I have no problem showing you how to do it. Or we can dance as we were or whatever.” Sarah says.

I can't believe she's being so indecisive. I thought she'd jump at the chance for a waltz. Maybe she's trying to spare my feelings or maybe she's terrified that I'll embarass her. Well, somebody has to decide and something tells me this would be a good time to be bold. I'm about to assert that I will get her that waltz, when she goes on.

“I’m open for any suggestions, Kyle. And I do mean any suggestions.” she says, wiggling her eyebrow teasingly as she laughs.

"Oh really?" I ask, raising my own eyebrow in response to match the rising tone in my voice as I break into a huge grin. I raise my arm and lead her into a little dancing spin that brings her back into my arms with her back against my chest. I keep my arms wrapped in front of her and lean forward to plant a soft kiss on her bare neck. "Then I'll have to be sure to come up with some 'interesting' suggestions, eh?"

*Max*

It's wonderful to have Liz in my arms, dancing to the music. She leans against me as we slow dance. Her body is so soft and warm and just having her nearby makes me happy. We move for a few minutes just enjoying the beat and the night and each other. Then she rests her head against my shoulder. It's a wonderful, comfortable feeling.

"When are you thinking of moving your stuff...?" she asks, still dancing.

I hesitate because the question activates the planning part of my brain, a part that had briefly taken a vacation. "Well, I don't have to be at work until eleven tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be able to pack and everything in the morning. Maybe after work. About nine, if that's not too late."

It's not that I have a lot of stuff, but I'm not sure how late Liz and I will be out. We may both be sleeping in late tomorrow. Liz was going to be getting the later shift at the Crashdown, herself. Hopefully her boss hasn't changed her schedule.

Suddenly, I wonder if I'm rushing things. Just 'cause she said she was ready didn't mean she meant tomorrow, for heaven's sake.

"Or Sunday, or next weekend. I don't want to rush you. Whenever is good for you," I say, keeping my voice soft and slow and unhurried. I want her to know that I'm willing to go at her pace.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: This isn't the one which is needed the most probably I know, but I didn't have much time before work and wanted to get something out, hope this is okay, tell me if you want anythng changing?

~Liz~

I don't know when I'm expecting Max to say he wants to move in, but I do know tomorrow isn't it... It takes me by surprise at first, and suddenly everything seems twice as real as it did five minutes ago... This isn't going to be easy, how we're going to explain it to people on the outside, who don't know the truth I don't know, and even Kyle, who knows the truth is likely to kick up a fuss...

There's going to be chatter and looks, questions to deal with, none of which are new to me, but still...it's going to take some getting used to...

I have to take a few moments to get my head around things, and before I can respond, Max suddenly is backtracking, suggesting waiting longer, pushing the day back and back before basically saying for me to decide it seems. I swallow and draw in a deep breath. "N-no...tomorrow's fine, it just surprised me a bit, but honestly, I'm okay with it..." My words are deliberate and soft, as I look up at him, wanting him to know I'm not just saying this to please him.

I've thought about this a lot, and while this step doesn't mean what it would in a normal situation, I think it is the best idea for us... We need time, together, unhurried, unpressured, and with our differing schedules, that's difficult with living on a different side of the town. This will give us that, and then...well, we-ll see...

"I just thought that you might want a couple of days to tell the others and such, but if you want to do it tomorrow that's okay... I'll do a bit of a tidy up before work, and I should be back by the time you're talking about but if not..." I break off a moment as the song draws to a close and I pull back for just a moment, to reach inside the little bag which hangs around my wrist and pull out a copy of my front door key. "...here, this is for you..." I hold out out towards him after checking there's no one around to see.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"N-no...tomorrow's fine, it just surprised me a bit, but honestly, I'm okay with it..." Liz says. I know she's being honest but I can see that she wasn't expecting such a quick response. "I just thought that you might want a couple of days to tell the others and such, but if you want to do it tomorrow that's okay... I'll do a bit of a tidy up before work, and I should be back by the time you're talking about but if not..." she says.

A bit of a tidy? She doesn't need to clean up. First off, her place is never that messy. Second off, if I'm going to be living there I can certainly do some of the tidying myself. I hope she doesn't think she has to treat me like a guest. She pulls out a spare key and I can see she has been ready for this. "...here, this is for you..."

I take the key and put it in my pocket. "Liz, you don't have to treat me like a guest. Don't put yourself out," I tell her, seriously. The girl has enough trouble finding a moment to herself. I don't want to have her eat that up by some un-necessary cleaning routine.

Another thing I don't think I need is a lot of time to tell the others. I can only imagine what Michael would be like if I told him a week in advance that I was moving in with Liz. It's the reason I never even told him or anyone there that Liz was offering the plan. I think I'll hold that news from Michael until the same day it's happening -- whatever day that is. Although there is one person at the house that I think I might tell ...

"And I don't need to rush. When's your next day off? I'll come then." It'll be nice to spend a few hours together the first day, even if she'll likely be spending most of the time studying. "I'll make you dinner."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

JP between Storm and me. for Kyle and Sarah :D

Being spun out and back, ending up against Kyle's chest with his arms around her had Sarah giggling softly but the feel of his lips against her neck had her sighing at the pleasant sensation it created. His words had her turning her head just enough so she could see him and smile, "Sounds like an enticing idea." She commented lightly, finally feeling the tension begin to fade from her thoughts. After all, he had been trying to get others to dance with Liz, so maybe she was reading more into the situation then there was, but she still couldn't keep herself from worrying.

Yet, this newest action from him really did make her feel more at ease. Bringing her hands up, she placed them over where his rested on her abdomen and let herself lean back against him. "So, any suggestions to start off with?" She questioned lightly, letting her head turn back so that even the back of her head was resting on him. "Not that being held like this is a bad thing, because it most definitely is not a bad thing at all, but I'm curious about what you might come up with?"

“Oh, I don’t know,” I say, holding Sarah closely. I move her around so we’re face-to-face again. She’s beautiful and wonderful. I remember the one and only time I’d dated Liz. In spite of the fact that we were good friends, the ‘dating’ thing had made everything just awkward. This… well, I don’t know what it’ll be but it’s a lot more fun.

“Maybe something like this,” I say. I lean forward and kiss her deeply on the lips as we dance. Oh yeah, that feels wonderful.

When she was turned to face him, she simply stared into his eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck. His words caused her to wonder a moment but the second his lips touched hers, Sarah felt overwhelmed and closed her eyes as she responded to the kiss. She could hardly believe that he was kissing her, that she was kissing him...

Her heart was racing as she found the amazement building and felt as though her leg should be doing that Princess Diaries style foot-popping thing. Drawing back after a couple minutes she opened her eyes with a smile as she spoke slightly breathless, "I definitely enjoyed that suggestion.

Kyle smiled down at Sarah’s up-turned face. She looked a bit flushed and absolutely adorable. It was so nice to be able to focus on Sarah and forget about the Liz/Max drama for a little while. He’d let his friends worry about her for a bit.

“Yeah, I liked it, too.” Kyle held her close for a long moment, just watching her. “I suggest we try that again,” he said with a twinkle in his eye. Then he leaned forward and suited action to his words.

Sarah could care less about what was going on around her at the moment, she only hoped her sister wouldn't interrupt because as she was held in his arms, her arms remaining wrapped around his neck, his words warmed her.

The mischievous glint in his eyes had her smiling even as he leaned toward her and once again kissed her. As far as she was concerned, she didn't want the kiss to end as she once again closed her eyes, welcoming the contact. Inadvertently she found herself pulling even closer to him, losing herself in the moment. She couldn't even count how many times she's imagined the way it would feel for Kyle to kiss her, but the reality was definitely ten times better then her imagination could ever be.

Kyle smiled down at her, so happy to see Sarah in his arms. Her arms around his neck felt absolutely wonderful. He hated to admit it, but he probably had to thank Max in part for this night. While he'd known Sarah before the alien's arrival, he'd seen a bit more of her since seeing as Sarah's sister lived in the same complex as Max and his friends.

"I'm so glad you agreed to come with me," he whispered in her ears, holding her close.

"How about that waltz?" Kyle asked. He danced with Sarah back towards the DJ's booth. He kissed her gently on the forehead before pulling back slightly.

"Hey, do you guys have a waltz in your collection?" Kyle asked.

"A waltz?" the guy repeated, more than a bit confused. "I guess I can take a look."

Last edited by isabelle on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: Hope this is okay, tell me if you want anything changing?

~LIz~

"Liz, you don't have to treat me like a guest. Don't put yourself out"

I look back at Max, a little surprised by his words, and shake my head. "Who said anything about treating you like a guest... I'm thinking you might want a little space to put your things is all... Of course if you want to live out of a suitcase..." I raise an eyebrow, teasing him playfully. As he goes on to suggest waiting, I feel a frown forming on my face though, and strangely, I almost feel disappointed... Sure I was suprised at first for him to be talking about so soon, but he's right, it could work...

"I'm not off completely until next Friday...so honestly, tomorrow is fine!" I insist softly, not wanting him to think he's unwelcome. On the contrary, there's a part of me that is really looking forward to spending more time with him. There's a part that's nervous too of course, but I don't exactly think I could be classed as normal if there wasn't...

Hmm...normal...not a word usually used to describe me anyway I guess, but still, I know what I mean. It's natural to be a little nervous I'm sure. I'm sixteen, and talking about a twenty-year old guy moving into my apartment... Not sharing my bed I know, but still...

"But I'll let you off making dinner considering - maybe we could grab some take-out when we're done...?" I suggest with a smile, reaching to slide my fingers thought his, leaning my head back against his chest now and closing my eyes for a moment, just enjoying the feeling of being in his arms. "And that way we can have some time together Sunday before I have to get to work" I point out softly, pulling back now, aware that last strains of the current song have died away.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- Hope this is okay. I'll be happy to edit if you like.

*Max*

A place to put my things. Right. I hadn't thought of that. I smile a bit self-conciously as she points that out.

"I'm not off completely until next Friday...so honestly, tomorrow is fine!" she insists, but I'm not completely convinced. Things seem to be going well but I don't want to rush her. I don't want to rush ME. It was the main thing I had in mind when I came to town to find her. I wasn't going to push. It's her idea, 'though, and I do want to do it. I'm not afraid of that. I am a bit concerned about dealing with the neighbors but I'm hopeful that we can work that out.

I'm not even sure how much time we'll have. Nacedo's infrequent references to the hiding place for the granolith and all our searching, haven't yet located the device. Until we find it, there's no need to hurry. Once we do, well, we'll have to make a decision then.

"But I'll let you off making dinner considering - maybe we could grab some take-out when we're done...?" Liz suggests. Her fingers in mine feel so wonderful, her head against my chest is warm and comfortable. "And that way we can have some time together Sunday before I have to get to work"

I'm still not sure about this. Friday actually seems like the better idea but I don't want her to think I'm backing out and her point about Sunday morning is a good one. Of course, I don't have to live there to share breakfast with her. I've done it many times in the last six weeks.

"Let's make it Sunday morning, then," I say, compromising. "You'll have tomorrow to sort things and I'll bring breakfast." I tilt my head and kiss the top of her hair. She lifts her face to mine. I don't know if she's going to object or agree, but I take advantage of her posture and lean down to meet her lips with mine for a real kiss.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

I’m sorry for the inconvenience but I will no longer be involved in RP’s here on RF. I want to thank everyone for having given me the chance, given me a home and for the friendships I’ve forged here.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.