The Missing Piece (CC, MATURE/ADULT accepted)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

The Missing Piece (CC, MATURE/ADULT accepted)

Post by KatnotKath »

Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 read or participate in this RPG. NO if's, and's or buts...

Title: The Missing Piece
Category: AU
Rating: Mature/Adult
Coupling: CC
Disclaimer: I don't own the cannon characters, or any cannon aspects in the story just borrowing them although Sarah and Terri did come from the imagination of myself and Isabelle - Terri is NOT based on Tess!

AN: Okay, so I know that I'm already in loads of rps, and although they're not all on here, I do have a fair few that I started, but I began playing round with this idea a little in my head a while ago, and a certain wonderful lady (thanks Isabelle ;) ) Listened to my babbling last weekend which resulted in me solidifying the idea.

Summary: OK, so here's the idea anyway:

In 1947, an alien ship crashed in the desert of New Mexico. Inside were four incubation pods each containing a foetus. Together, the four children carried by this ship were very important to the future of the people who had sent them. Together the four made up the ‘royal four’ of their world, with the future King, Queen, Princess and Second in Command of their planet.

Trouble was inevitable on the planet; an enemy was developing that was far stronger than the current power behind the throne. Although it pained them, the parents of these children gave them up in order to ensure that they would live, and in the hopes, that one day they would be able to come back and retake their rightful places.

What if Liz were the fourth, but the other three came out of their pods about four years before she did. A protector found the other three, and planned to come back for her when she was ready, but came back too late and she was already gone. She was never adopted, being passed from pillar to post in foster homes, and recently, when she turned sixteen, she was eventually able to get emancipated.

Meanwhile, the protector brought up Max, Isabel and Michael. He managed to locate Liz without much difficulty, but after some thought decided that it would be advisable to leave her where she was since anyone looking for the four would be less likely to identify them when they were growing up separately. He intended to tell the first three where she was when they turned eighteen, but just before he did so, he died, completely naturally, in a traffic accident.

Left with very little information, since their protector had never felt it safe to write down Liz’s location, it took the three who had been brought up by him another two years to locate her.

Michael and Isabel, although brought up with the belief that they were supposed to be together, always fought it and refused to accept what their protector said. They fell in love with humans and got involved. After the death of their protector, the two of them made the decision to inform their partners of their extraterrestrial status and as a result both Alex and Maria became a permanent part of their group.

Originally they were just searching for Liz for the sake of completing their group, and making sure she was ok, but after a year of searching, they received a message from their planet. The tyrant who had ruled the planet since their parents were overthrown had died. The people wanted them to return, but the only way in which that would happen would be for them to know that the King and Queen to have bonded. Without this knowledge, the planet was in disarray so the search for their fourth took on a new urgency.

So about a month after her sixteenth birthday, Liz found a stranger turning up on her doorstep.

That's the point at which this will start.

Basic character descriptions: (open for expansion if people want to do so, but posting profiles isn't compulsory. These are just here to give some sort of idea I hope:

Max Evans

Max is of the opinion that he wants to get to know Liz first, before he decides over the bonding issue. He wants to see what she's like, and feels it should be her choice too. He's trying to find her because he thinks she should know what's going on, and he wants to make sure she's safe - he feel protective over her, but nothing more immediately.

Michael Guerin

Michael on the otherhand feels that it's part of his duty to go through with it - he's the military guy of course, and it's for the good of Antar . While for him and Isabel it wasn't that important - hence their refusal and choice of human mates, he feels that it's part of Liz and Max's duty, so not something they should have a choice in. He might be impatient, pushy and anxious for them to be together, so as to satisfy the loyalists on Antar. So he's all annoyed at Max for not being more insistant - for insisting that Liz has a choice. they don't have a choice in fulfilling their dutuies to Antar, why should she?

Isabel Evans

Isabel meanwhile will be somewhere in the middle in her views. She can see Michael's points, but also understand her brother's views.

Maria DeLuca

Maria would be trying to rein Michael in. Secretly afraid that once they have what they need - the Royal four and Max and Liz together - that Michael will leave without her. Since he's never bothered to say that he wants her to come with him, or if he doesn't.

Alex Whitman

Alex is more secure than Maria, being of the opinion that even if Isabel say she doesn't want him to come, if she has to leave for Antar, he's going with - even if he has to stow away in order to do it.

Liz Parker

Supposedly abandoned in the desert when she was apparently about six, Liz hasn't exactly had an easy life. She's been shunted from one foster family to another, placements rarely lasting more than a year. She knows she has some strange abilities, but hasn't got a clue why - she has thought sometimes that maybe that was why her family didn't want her... Life has taught her the hard way that she has to stand on her own two feet. When she was sixteen Liz managed to get emancipation and since then feels that her life is just getting together... For the first time she has somewhere she can really call a 'home', and she's trying to move past the memories of what her 'family' did.

Liz is going to be rather shaken and unsure about it, she might be a little freaked. I mean she's 16, and there's this group of 20 year olds saying that she' supposed to 'be' with one of them...

Kyle Valenti

Kyle's going to be a friend of Liz's from Roswell, her best friend, not dating - they tried that once and it was a big mistake. He knows about her and keeps her secret...

AN: At times, if needed, Jim Valenti will be played as a NPC by Isabelle, Stormwolfstone or myself

If anyone has any ideas for OCs, please feel free to contact me, I'm perfectly willing to listen. Preferably I won't be wanting anymore aliens from this group though, there's the four of them like in the series - no dupes for the moment at least.

I'll warn you now thatI am also toying with the idea of a fic based on this idea too, but given what I've got already started, that won't be for some time so I definitely want to try the rp first.

Something that I should probably mention is the fact that I am probably going to be using a timeframe for this rp - by that, I mean that every month or so, we'll be moving onto a new day, and sometimes we might be skipping time between those. The reason for this is that I want to spread it out over a period of time to enable us to explore certain things more gradually. I hope no one objects to this. The main thing is that if you join, please do post.

I do hope that people don't think I'm being funny by saying this :embaressed: - because I'm not wanting to be, I just want to try and make sure it will tick along nicely.

Of course the most important thing is always to have fun ;) Hope people like the idea.

(Starter post for Liz coming up shortly. We can start anytime, just using the open characters as NPCs until they're taken - just don't do anything drastic with them)

Cast

Liz - KatnotKath
Alex - KatnotKath
Max - Isabelle
Michael - Stormwolfstone
Isabel - Stormwolfstone
Maria - FaithfulAngel24
Kyle - Isabelle
Last edited by KatnotKath on Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:36 pm, edited 12 times in total.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

Bread, milk, cheese, eggs, meat… I run through each of the items which were on my shopping list, ticking each off as I put it away in the cupboard, fridge or freezer. There’s not that much…I can only afford to buy what I really need, but then I don’t mind… Knowing that I have my own apartment, that I don’t have to worry about being moved on again, or being taken away from Roswell, from the one true friend I have, that kinda makes it all fine and dandy…

I’m not saying that my apartment is large, or impressive, but it’s mine…or it is as long as I can pay the bills anyway… I give a small smile, opening the fridge door and pulling out a bottle of cherry coke. A dash of tobasco sauce, my little dietry quirk, and I’m all set.

Everything’s been put away, the bag’s in the bin… My homework is just about up to date and I don’t have a shift at the Crashdown until tonight. Hm…I wonder what I should do now…? Taking a sip of my soda, I go to sit down on the sofa, grabbing the TV remote and flicking it off stand-by to see what’s on.

Oh joy…sport…sport…and more sport… Just what I didn’t want to see… Switching it off again, I drop the remote back down on the floor and pick up my book from the table. Ok, so where was I…? Hmmm…chapter 15… Settling in for some major reading, I curl up on the sofa, one of my fingers just grazing the edge of a CD that’s lying on the table. The mellow voice of David Gray begins to fill the room and I smile a little, my eyes dropping to the book in my lap and scanning line after line…

Sometimes I really wish reading wasn’t such a quick thing for me you know…I mean it’s all well and good to be able to complete reading assignments pretty much in the blink of an eye – and I have to say when I realised I could it was extremely cool, but it would be nice to be able to make a book last for a little over an hour sometimes… I love reading, I love escaping into the worlds each book holds, but for me, the escape is always too short…

All too soon I find myself turning the last page and I drop the book back down on the table. I check the clock and groan. Still another four hours until I’m due at the Crashdown… If Kyle were working there today I’d probably go in early and offer to put in some extra hours, but I’m pretty sure that he’s got practice…

Okay, what can I do…? After another few minutes pondering, I lift up my glass, draining the last of my drink and heading into my bedroom to check out my clothes. There’s a dance coming up at school in a couple of weeks… Not that I’m going with anyone, unless Kyle doesn’t have a date, but it’s still nice to dress up, and since I’ve been doing some extra shifts recently, I guess it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that I might have enough spare cash for a nice dress…it shouldn’t seem too suspicious even if I am on a tight budget…

Rooting around in my closet, I pull out the dress I wore for my one and only date with Kyle a couple of years ago. That was a major mistake… We thought with being such good friends, and him even knowing my secret, that maybe we’d make a good couple, but in truth there’s just nothing there that’s anything more than a friendship… It didn’t take more than one night to realise it and I know we’re both much happier for having admitted it and stuck to being friends.

He’s my best friend still of course, the only person who actually knows the real me, knows about how I’m different from everyone else… I don’t know what I’d do without him, which is why every time my social worker tried to move me away from here…get me placed with a family somewhere else, I always pleaded with her to find somewhere else… The last time I actually ended up staying with Kyle and his dad…not for long, but she insisted I couldn’t stay on my own until the emancipation was made official, and she couldn’t find anyone else to take me in this area, so Jim offered to put me up for a little while.

I have to admit it was kinda nice… Kyle’s always been a bit like a brother to me I guess, so it seemed way more natural than a lot of the foster homes that I’ve stayed in. I don’t suppose I would have minded staying their permenantly, had I not been able to get emancipation, but if given the choice of foster care – whoever it might be with, and my own apartment, living on my own and looking after myself, well I kinda like the second better…

Laying out the dress in front of me, I can’t help thinking it’s kinda sad that a dress from when I was fourteen would still fit me, but then its not like I have much in the way of shape at the front, and I’ve always been small so… Sighing, I place my hand on cloth, closing my eyes and concentrating. A few minutes later I look down at the result of my efforts. My little girl blue sundress had been replaced by a little red number, and even on me, I’m guessing it’s going to look pretty good even if I do say so myself… Mid length, spaghetti straps with a loose front that I hope won’t emphasize my lack of a bust too much.

Hmm…yeah, I think I like it… I hold it up against me for a moment and then decide to try it on. No harm in seeing what it looks like…

I’m just pulling it over my head as I hear the doorbell ring. Now who could that be…? Not Kyle surely…I’m sure he’s at practice… I shrug. Maybe I’m wrong after all, well if it is him, maybe I can get his opinion on this dress, see if there’s anything I need to change… Of course losing the slippers would be a good idea… I realise, kicking them off and grabbing a pair of black shoes from the bottom of my bed, pressing my hand onto them and turning them red before slipping them on and hurrying through. “Just a minute…” I call out, grabbing the key from the top of the table and inserting it into the lock before pushing it open…

*Max* (Isabelle wrote it, I'm just posting)

I can’t believe we finally found her. Two years we’ve been searching, trying to find our missing fourth. It would have been so much easier if Nacado hadn’t insisted on so much secrecy. He was always assuring us that he knew exactly where she was and that she was fine, and that he would tell us when the time was right. None of us expected that he would be killed before that time came. Killed in a simple traffic accident.

If only I’d gotten there sooner, I could probably have saved him. But I was at work and he was already gone by the time anyone told us. Luckily we were able to retrieve his body before it caused any difficult questions by collapsing into ash in front of witnesses.

*Are you there yet?* my sister’s voice suddenly sounds in my head, interrupting my thoughts.

*Yeah, I’m here,* I think back at her, telepathically. I’m still sitting in the jeep outside of the apartment building, but that’s close enough to what she meant. She and our friend, Michael are a few blocks away at a little diner. Apparently the only non-alien-themed diner in Roswell. The first one we stopped in – the place where she works – had murals and paintings of spaceships on every wall surface and even the menus had alien-themed names for all their dishes. We all found it a little too creepy and left for another place. I don’t know how she stands it.

I can hardly imagine what it must have been like to grow up here, with all the alien tourist stuff everywhere all designed to make money off of the crash that actually killed some of our guardians and protectors and nearly killed us. Everywhere you look there’s some little green man with big black eyes staring back at you. Not that we really look that way, but it’s still a bit unnerving to see so much of it. I don’t know how Liz Parker could manage to live like that. I guess after a while, you’d stop really seeing it. At least, I hope so.

Liz Parker. That’s her name. When we finally found her, it all fell into place. A child found wandering naked and alone in the desert. Put into foster care and placed with several families before being emancipated. An honor student. And of course, the photo from her year-book. It was definitely the same girl that was in the image Nacedo had shown us only a year before he died.

*How’s it going?* asks another voice, one filled with impatience. That’s Michael. He never wants to wait.

*I haven’t talked to her yet,* I tell him.

*What are you waiting for? I thought you were there,* he says.

*She hasn’t come to the door yet. Just wait, okay? And stay out of my head for a while. I’ll let you know if I need you.* I say, shaking my head. We all agreed it would be less intimidating for her to meet just one of us, rather than all five landing on her doorstep at once. And because I’m supposed to be the leader, naturally that became my job. I’m also supposed to marry her, but I just don’t know how I’m supposed to think about that when I haven’t even met the girl yet, and she doesn’t know me. Michael isn’t with Isabel and that’s okay, but I’m still expected to be with Liz, no matter what. All to save a world I haven’t ever set foot on.

Still, Michael does have a point. It’s time to get out of this jeep and go see her. I don’t know how much Nacedo told her when he found her or on his various visits to check up on her, but I’m sure she’ll have many questions about us. We considered approaching her gradually – maybe getting jobs at that café or something. Becoming friends with her first before telling her who we were, but that just seemed underhanded and I didn’t think she’d appreciate it. Especially if she recognized us or figured it out before we said anything. The direct approach is the best.

With a sigh, I step onto the curb. I glance in my rear-view mirror and flatten my hair with my hand, arranging the hair over my forehead. I feel like I’m going on a date, but this is so much more important than that. I straighten my shoulders, take one more deep breath and walk up to the building. Finding her door, I ring the bell and wait, fervently wishing my heart would stop beating in my throat that way.

“Just a minute,” she calls. Her voice is light and friendly and I find myself smiling at the sound. I wait just a moment longer, hearing the scrape of a key in a lock, and then the door opens.

Liz Parker stands before me in a lovely red dress with matching red shoes. Her hair is long and brown, just like in the photos, but somehow in person, it’s so much more striking. All I can think is that she’s absolutely beautiful. Her hopeful expression slips for a moment as she sees me and I know she doesn’t recognize me.

“Hello,” I tell, offering a shy smile. “I guess you were expecting someone-else. My name is Max Evans. I hope I haven’t come at a bad time.”

~Liz~

Here I am, all ready to pounce on Kyle, giving him a hug and checking him over to see what damage he’s done to himself today, when I open the door and see someone completely different. Okay, that is definitely not Kyle…

Stood outside is a guy – no actually a guy would be one of the many people from the team that Kyle has tried to set me up with, and I’m guessing the person stood in front of me is definitely not in High School… This is definitely a man – nineteen, probably twenty…with short dark hair and such intense brown eyes…

For a moment I find myself speechless, in danger of getting lost in them…it’s as though they’re sucking me in… I shake my head mentally, a major question presenting itself. Well no, two actually… Who is this guy, and why is he standing on my doorstep?

Most girls at school would be swooning right about now, and probably telling me I’m an idiot for wondering why, but it’s not quite as simple for me as them… What if I’ve slipped up…someone’s seen me use my abilities… My chest tightening I try to think of the last time I might have done something in public. There’s nothing…except for my speed reading, and it’s not like anyone can prove that…

Whoever he is…he sure seems interested in me though…so I guess he hasn’t got the wrong address…

Just as I’m about to ask who he is, mystery guy finally speaks. “Hello…” He has a pretty cute smile there… “I guess you were expecting someone-else” Expecting…no…but since he knocked on my door I might have expected to actually know him… “My name is Max Evans.” Ah, so the mystery man has a name…not that it tells me anything about why he’s here though… I’m pretty certain I don’t know any Evans… “I hope I haven’t come at a bad time…”

I shake my head, still trying to come up with reasons as to why this guy had knocked on my door. I mean am I supposed to invite him in or something…? “N-no, not really…” I hesitate about saying more, because I’m still not too sure why this guy is here. I know that I’ve never seen him before in my life, and although I do occasionally have the new guys from the team turn up – when Kyle has decided that they would be my perfect match, they’re usually a lot younger so I don’t think that’s the case this time… “I was just killing some time before my shift later…”

Okay, so why am I telling him that…? Why would I think he is going to be interested in what I’ve been doing…? I really don’t know what’s going on, but I think I should probably try and get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later… “Not trying to be rude or anything, but can I help you with something…I think maybe you got the wrong apartment…” I’m pretty sure that there’s a guy around his age that lives on the next floor – maybe he’s thinking I’m his friend’s girlfriend or something…
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

She shakes her head and says, "N-no, not really… I was just killing some time before my shift later…" She seems to shift her weight from one foot to the other unsure of what to say next. I have to smile at that, because she’s just so nice. It’s obvious that she doesn’t recognize me, but she’s still being so friendly. And so young. Nacedo told us she was four years younger than us, but knowing it and seeing it are two different things. She’s just a girl. A beautiful girl who’s had a difficult life that’s only just coming together. The last thing she needs is for us to arrive and turn everything upside-down on her. Unfortunately, I don’t really have a choice.

Then Liz adds, "Not trying to be rude or anything, but can I help you with something? I think maybe you got the wrong apartment…"

“No, Liz,” I say, shaking myself out of my little reverie. This isn’t the time for contemplation. I’ve come out of nowhere and she hasn’t placed my name, yet. Maybe Nacedo never told her our names. He never told us her name, so I guess that's pretty likely. I’ve got to somehow explain myself. “You’re the one I’ve come to see.”

I bite my lip, nervously, unsure how to continue. Maybe it’s just because I’m alone and she was actually expecting three? “I hoped you would know me. I’m one of the ones he told you about. … Like you.” I glance around quickly. Nobody’s nearby but I definitely don’t want to have this conversation on her public doorstep. “Can I come in? I need to talk to you.”

Last edited by isabelle on Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OO: hope this will work for you Isabelle.

~Liz~

Whoever this Max is, he looks lost in thought until I suggest that he has the wrong apartment when he looks up at me, shaking his head. “No Liz…You’re the one I’ve come to see…”

Okay, now I am definitely creeped out because I am fairly certain that I haven’t told him my name. “H-how do you know who I am…?” I ask him, trying, although failing, to keep the shakiness out of my voice.

Somehow I don’t like the way this is going one bit…there’s something very strange going on – which is saying something given my life, but still, I don’t understand it…

If I know one thing for certain, it is that this man is not familiar to me at all. The way he speaks, it is almost as though he expects me to recognise him, but there’s no reason why I should that I can see. He most definitely does not go to my school, I hardly frequent the college so it couldn’t be that he’s seen me there, and I’m pretty good at faces so I’m willing to bet that I haven’t served him at the Crashdown…

Watching him for a moment, I notice to my astonishment, that this man actually appears nervous, although what he would have to be nervous about I have no idea… Surely it is me that would be nervous, given that he’s turned up on my doorstep… As I’m contemplating this, he speaks again, looking round quickly in a way that reminds me of myself. “I had hoped you would know me. I’m one of the ones he told you about…”

He…? I have not a clue what he is going on about… I’m about to tell him again that I think he has the wrong address, when his next words catch me and cause me too to look round quickly, checking for any sign of other people. “…Like you…”

Like me…? The words could mean a lot of things, yet something inside me says that he is talking about my abilities… Not that I understand them, or what they mean… I’ve always thought it best to hide them from others though, and there’s only one person I have ever told about them.

All this leaves me completely confused and uncertain what to do next. This strange – if kinda cute man turns up on my doorstep, I’ve never seen him before yet he already knows my name. He tells me that he’s come to see me, and that he’s like me… What am I supposed to think…?

“Can I come in? I need to talk to you…”

This is the last thing that I expect, and I have no intention of agreeing until I look around myself and see that the curtain in the kitchen of the apartment opposite is slightly lifted. Mrs Boon is about the nosiest woman I have ever known and it’s because of her that my blinds are almost always in a down position. Even when I’m being careful, I have no desire to be watched by her, or her friends. I know that I seem like a curiosity to her, a sixteen year old girl who is living on her own – who was abandoned on the road when she was six – ten year ago… Oh yes, everyone knows about me…and I hate it…

Certain that we are being watched, I come to a split second decision and nod as Max requests to come inside. “Alright…”

I still have no idea what he might want, but anything is better than standing out there on view for the amusement of Mrs Boon. Besides, if he tries anything, I am more than capable of looking after myself…

I close the door after him as he crosses the threshold of my apartment and I motion to the area of the living-diner room where my sofa is found. “Won’t you take a seat…?” I ask him politely, keeping as much of a smile on my face as possible as I wonder what he wants. “Can I get you a drink…?” Waiting for his answer, I go over to the counter to make myself a cup of tea, refraining from adding my usual condiment for fear of being seen as I look over at him. “So, are you going to tell me what this is all about…?” I ask him softly.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

Isabel

Michael and I were sitting in silence in a diner, thankfully one that didn't fit the usual bill here in Roswell. It wasn't alien themed. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on and decided to contact Max telepathically.

*Are you there yet?*

*Yeah, I’m here,* Max responded to me.

I sighed and couldn't believe that he was actually there to face the girl that was like us, the one we had been searching for. I know Michael is frustrated and wants a few things to change, but I can't help but see Max's point too. It will be much easier for the girl to have a chance to meet Max first before being faced with all of us.

"He's there." I tell Michael who simply nods as he adds some tabasco to his cherry coke.

"He'd better hurry up and get things over with so we can fulfill our duty." Michael responded and I sighed yet again. I knew this wasn't going to be easy for Max or this girl Liz. I also knew it wasn't going to be easy to keep Michael from speaking out if things didn't go quickly enough for him.

Michael

*How’s it going?* I ask Max after Isabel tells me that he'd arrived at Liz's.

*I haven’t talked to her yet,* Max responds and I feel my irritation growing.

*What are you waiting for? I thought you were there,* I say, not bothering to hide the tone of my mind voice.

*She hasn’t come to the door yet. Just wait, okay? And stay out of my head for a while. I’ll let you know if I need you.* Max comes back and I can't help but frown even more as I look at Isabel and tell her, "He'd better hurry up and get things over with so we can fulfill our duty."

"You know as well as I do that he will not rush things or pressure her. You need to let him do this his way, even if you don't agree with him. We just have to try things as much as we can." Isabel's soft voice responded and she placed her hand on my arm which instantly helped some of my muscles to relax.

"I don't like this. It's too risky for our people." I mutter and see her smile indulgingly.
[/b]
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

For a moment, I think she’s going to refuse me but then she decides to let me in. Nodding, I cross her threshold and glance around. It’s a very small place, hardly more than a studio, although since she’s trying to pay for it on a waitress’ tips, that’s hardly surprising. There’s one room that seems to be both living room and dining room, with a counter separating it from the small kitchen area. To the right there are two door, presumably her bedroom and the bath.

“Have a seat,” she suggests, as she heads for the kitchenette. I walk over to the nearest chair. At first glance, I’m very impressed at her furniture. It all has the same beige and light blue patterned upholstery with cherry wood. I’m surprised that she was able to afford a matching livingroom and dining suite until I realize that it doesn’t really quite match. These were all random pieces, probably selected from garage sales or flea-markets, but she’s used her powers to repair and match the fabric and even the wood stain.

“Nice place,” I say with a nod. I take a seat at her small table, feeling impressed by her powers and creativity now, rather than her furniture.

“Can I get you a drink…?” she asks next, pouring herself a cup of tea from kettle that’s already hot on the stove.

“Sure, tea will be fine,” I tell her. I’d usually go for a soda, but tea is good. It seems strange to be chatting over tea when there are so many bigger things waiting to be discussed. I only hope I can make her comfortable before giving her the news about Antar. She seems nervous, which I completely understand. Unfortunately, I think this isn’t going to be a comfortable conversation.

She adds some honey to her tea and looks to me before replacing the lid. I nod my confirmation and she adds some honey to the second cup, as well.

“So, are you going to tell me what this is all about…?” she asks softly, pushing my tea across the counter towards me.

“I’m not really sure where to begin,” I say, biting my lip for just a moment. “First, I should apologize for the confusion outside. I mean, he never told us your name, so I don’t know why I thought you’d recognize mine, but it's very nice to meet you at last.” I take a sip of tea and then meet her eyes again. “Have you ever tried adding a bit of hot sauce to your tea and honey? It sounds strange, but I think you’ll like it that way.”
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

“Nice place…”

I have to admit, that feels really good to hear. I know that my apartment isn’t much… Some of the kids at school probably have bedrooms which would cover the same amount of space as my whole apartment, but the important thing is that it’s mine…

Jim helped me find it of course…let me stay with him and Kyle as long as I needed when I was looking. I knew what I wanted, and it wasn’t that I was being picky, but finding pretty much anything within my budget was a job and a half. I have to say, what I’d do if I lost my job at the Crashdown I really don’t know… Mr Brook has always been really good to me, and I know full well there have been times when he could have done without the expense of paying my wage.

Of course it works both ways I guess….I am working hard for him – always have… The one thing no one could accuse me of would be being a slacker. School, work, I always give a hundred percent…

And, I gave the same to my apartment too. There was a bed and wardrobe, bathroom suite and kitchen units provided of course, but most of the other furniture I’ve had to get hold of myself, one piece at a time. I haven’t got much of course – a sofa, and an armchair, a table with a few seats…a coffee table, stand for my tv, and a bookcase. Course if I think about it, it’s not like the area would take much more for space anyway…

I was so happy a couple of weeks ago when I finally finished it. I invited Kyle round and he said I couldn’t stop grinning. I couldn’t help it…I worked hard to make things match – or as well as I could anyway. Granted I could have used my abilities even more, to manipulate the style so that everything matched, but I’m not stupid. I might not understand my abilities, but I do know better than to give anyone any reason to suspect I’m different and while recovering a few chair, or staining a table, isn’t completely beyond possibility for me to do in my free time, woodwork would be going a little far.

“Thanks…” I smile at him and then nod as he says he’ll have a cup of tea. Carefully I pick up another mug and pour out another cup of steaming liquid.

I take a sip of my own, but seriously, I really can’t drink it like that… Luckily when I think about it, I know that I’ve seen other people – normal people – add honey to their tea so maybe I won’t have to completely do without my usual additions.

I look over at Max, not really expecting him to agree, but thinking that I should check, and am surprised to see him nod. My heart starts beating just a little faster than usual but I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself. So he likes honey in his tea – that’s not so unusual… Trying to keep this in mind, I push the second mug across the counter towards him before picking up my own and taking another sip. Hm…not as nice as it would be with the final additive, but a definite improvement on plain…

“So…are you going to tell me what this is all about…?” I ask him softly as I watch carefully for any reaction.

His response seems hesitant, biting his lip in a way that seems out of place given that he’s the adult here – to most I’m still thought of as a child…

“I’m not really sure where to begin…”

Well explaining who you are and why you’re here would be a good start… Of course as much as I’d like to say this, I keep my mouth shut and simply wait for him to continue.

“First, I should apologize for the confusion outside. I mean, he never told us your name, so I don’t know why I thought you’d recognise mine, but it’s very nice to meet you at last…”

Meet me at last…? More cryptic mentions of ‘he’…this conversation just gets stranger and stranger – unfortunately he’s showing no sign of actually answering my question.

He’s taking a sip of tea and I’m about to ask again what is going on, but before I get a chance he looks up at me before speaking again. “Have you ever tried adding a bit of hot sauce to your tea and honey? I think you’ll like it that way…”

H-how did he know…? That combination is far from normal and I struggle to think of where he might have come up with it from unless… I shake my head mentally. He said he was like me…what did that mean…?

Suddenly, I realise that he’s still looking at me, waiting for my answer and although all my experience says I should laugh it off, I find myself nodding slightly. “Y-yeah… actually I do…” I respond hesitantly. I wait a moment, before turning round and opening one of the cupboards above my head reaching behind a box of cereal, I pull out a half empty bottle of Tabasco sauce and, after shutting the door again, I turn and set it down on the counter.

Why am I doing this? What is it about this guy that is making me forget all the little tricks and secrets which allow me to keep up the pretence of being normal. Even if I was going to show him the hot-sauce, at the very least I should have been showing him the one that’s practically full which stands on my small condiment tray permanently. Basically that’s there for if any guests want any – my food’s already been doused with it before it gets as far as the table that’s for certain.

“Help yourself…” I tell Max softly, setting my mug down on the counter as I realise that I need to take a little time for a moment. I just need a few minutes to collect my thoughts, and get myself back into a normal state of mind… Racking my brain, I can only think of one possibility and I pounce on it as such. “If you don’t mind I’m going to go and get into something a little more comfortable…” I gesture to my outfit as I try to explain it away. “I was just trying on a new dress for the dance at school in a couple of weeks…”

Waiting only to see him nod, I slip out from behind the counter go to push open my bedroom door. Before I head inside however, I look back at him. “When I get back, I would like some more of an explanation though if you don’t mind…” I tell him, subtly trying to show him that I have noticed the way he almost seems to be trying to avoid answering my question.

~Alex~

Okay, so I know that we’ve done this a few times before – like hundreds, but today is definitely different. We’ve finally found the girl that we’ve spent two whole years looking for.

Of course from the look on Max’s face before he headed off to see her, I’m not too sure if he thinks that’s a good thing or a bad one. Not that I blame him… He’s never met this girl, and yet for the last year all he’s heard is that he’s supposed to bond with her. Like it’s that simple…like two complete strangers should just have sex because that’s what’s wanted…

Also, as I have tried to point out to Michael a couple of times, if this girl – this Liz, as we now know she’s called, is four years younger than them, that makes her sixteen… A sixteen year old girl and a twenty year old guy – am I the only one seeing a problem here?

It’s not that I object to them having a relationship, although I would have thought that should be their decision rather than anyone else’s, but if it went any further at the moment – to this ‘bonding’ that he’s being told is so important, I’m not too sure if Max realises what could happen if anyone normal finds out…

Then again, does that matter…? They bond, and we all get to go back to Antar or that’s the plan isn’t it? – I guess that human laws won’t matter too much then…

G** I really don’t know what’s going on anymore… I know that I love Isabel – she’s supposed to be with Michael of course but the two of them it’s not compulsory for… That was just one of the little side ideas that the people that sent them down here had. They don’t have to be together to fulfil their duty – thankfully for me.

Max has used this argument as a reason why this should be his choice – and Liz’s, but Michael, and everyone else, seems to be of the opinion that while it’s not part of the princess and second in command’s duty to be together, it is that of the King and Queen…

King…Max is an alien King… I keep saying it, but it never seems to sound any less weird… Who would have thought, when I first fell for Isabel at school, that she’d turn out to be part of this exiled royal group from another planet…? I thought she was just the most popular girl at school…

And I was the nerd of course – never in my wildest dreams did I really believe that I would get the girl. I mean things like that just don’t happen to guys like me – right…? Wrong – apparently…

We’ve been together four years now – since that day I asked her to the junior prom – and I’ve never regretted it for a moment. Sure it was a bit of a surprise when she told me the truth about herself…but when the choice about what to do was go with her, or stay back home…well really, there wasn’t a choice at all…

“…get things over with so we can fulfil our duty.”

Michael’s usual impatient comments draw me back from my thoughts to the present time and I look around for a moment, taking in the surroundings. A diner…in Roswell New Mexico – Roswell…can you think of a less likely place to find an alien…?

“You know as well as I do that he will not rush things or pressure her. You need to let him do this his way, even if you don’t agree with him. We just have to try things as much as we can…”

That’s my girl… As much as she might have put on the facarde of an ice queen at school, she’s definitely the peacemaker of the group. She’s beautiful, sweet…perfect… She reaches out to touch Michael’s arm, trying once more to calm him a little, and if I didn’t know full well there’s nothing going on, and never will be anything going on between them, I guess I might be a little jealous of the interaction between the pair.

I do know better though, and I’m not going to get paranoid. Instead, I grin, take a sip of my drink and then lean over a moment, tapping her shoulder to make her look my way, and then giving her a quick kiss on the lips. I do love doing that…
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~*Isabel*~

I'm trying to make certain that Michael doesn't over-react and cause a scene here when my boyfriend, Alex, taps me on the shoulder and I turn to look at him to be met with a kiss. I kissed him back and then smiled as I looked at him. "Were you feeling a bit left out of the conversation?" I teased as I removed my hand from Michael's arm and replaced it on Alex's leg.

"Get a room." Michael mumbles and I laugh slightly at his words.

I look over at Maria who has been rather quiet herself seemed to be pouting and I smiled, "So, while we wait things out, our we going to order or what DeLuca?"

Maria smiles only slightly before she starts looking at the menu trying to find something that she'll eat. There was a time when I would never have thought that humans could understand us or even be as close to us as Maria and Alex had become. I loved Alex and whether Michael admitted it or not he felt the same toward Maria.

Smiling I turned to face Alex again and said, "So, do we want to order seperate or get something to share?" Back home, there were those who couldn't have understood why I was with Alex. They'd thought he was dorky or bottom of the chain sort of thing.

In fact, I'd had a girl ask me in school once. "Isabel, how can you be seen with such a stain? He has no class, no style and he is practically part of the rats."

I'd responded by simply saying, Stacey, there is no way you could ever understand or see the real wonders that Alex has. Go back to your superficial pom poms. Stacey had been rather confused by my response and some of the other cheerleaders had been rather confused as well, though one, Tish had thought that it was the funniest way to put her down that was possible.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I smile as Liz retrieves a bottle of hot sauce from her cupboard. Tabasco. Yes, that’ll do nicely. She’s definitely one of us. Not that I doubted it. “Help yourself,” she says, placing it on the counter in front of me. Then she seems to suffer a sudden desire to change her clothes.

"If you don't mind I'm going to go and get into something a little more comfortable… I was just trying on a new dress for the dance at school in a couple of weeks…" she says, gesturing at her gorgeous red dress.

“It looks wonderful,” I tell her, nodding. It hardly looks uncomfortable. The spaghetti straps bare beautiful white shoulders and the loose top doesn’t hide her finely tapered waist and hips. The flare of the dress swings so gracefully around her well-shaped legs. The 2 inch heels on the pumps are just high enough to accent her legs without impeding walking or standing. She looks absolutely wonderful, but she still looks so young. Sixteen. And if she says she’s uncomfortable, then she should definitely be allowed to change.

"When I get back, I would like some more of an explanation though if you don't mind…" she says as she shuts the door behind her. I nod at that, although she can’t see me. I realize I haven’t really told her anything yet, except who I am. Not that I’ve been hiding it, I just haven’t had much of a chance.

I take both cups of tea and the tabasco to the small table and sit down to wait. I’m sure she won’t be long. I dose my cup with my preferred amount of sauce and then hesitate for a moment. She’d as much as admitted that she usually did use Tabasco in her tea but it would still be a bit presumptuous to add it for her. She might not take the same amount that I do, afterall.

I set down the bottle of sauce and take a sip of my own tea as I consider how to go forward. I definitely need to start getting more specific. It’s only fair. She deserves to know why I’ve come out of nowhere to disrupt her carefully crafted life like this. We don’t really have a lot of time. It’s already been nearly a year since we heard from Antar and I don’t know how much longer they’ll be willing to wait. A few months? Maybe year at most?

Glancing at her door, I wonder what she’s changing into. I know she said she was about to start her shift at work, but I hope she’s not getting into her uniform yet. I would hardly think that would be comfortable. Maybe jeans. It was quite a nice dress, ‘though.

I frown inwardly as I recall the rest of her comments. She’s planning on attending a dance in a few weeks. Will she even be here in a few weeks? And is there a boy involved? Someone she was planning to attend with before I showed up? I wonder if that was the subtext of the message. She’s already got a human boyfriend, and doesn’t want me messing up her life.

She’s right. Who am I to go demanding that she break-up with him and ‘bond’ with me?

’You’re the King, that’s who,’ I hear Michael’s voice. Not a telepathic message, just a memory of what he’s said a dozen times or more. Any other plans she has don’t matter. She’s got a duty, afterall. We all do.

Maybe she does have a duty, but she’s still a person and she’s only 16. She has to have a choice. I’m not going to take that away from her. Besides, Nacedo may never have mentioned it, but I have a strong feeling that this bonding is more than a merely physical thing. If she doesn’t want it, it’s not going to work. And it’ll be a lot better if we’re both doing it for more than just ‘duty.’

This is definitely going to take some time.

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted as I hear her door opening again. Immediately, I glance up to see her, automatically getting to my feet. Liz is now dressed in a red top with worn blue jeans and sneakers. Yes, I think that does look more comfortable. She also still looks great. Red is definitely her color.

“Hey,” I say, lamely. I want to compliment her on her clothes, but I don’t want her to think I’m being too forward. Taking a step backwards, I pull out the second chair for her to sit in. “Here, let me warm your tea for you,” I say. I hold my hand flat an inch or so over her cup and use my power to heat it up. “Not that you couldn’t do it yourself, of course,” I quickly add, pushing the hot beverage closer to her. Isabel sometimes gets insulted when I do stuff like that for her, although other times she finds it sweet. Why does this all feel so awkward? Maybe it's because I'm using my powers openly in front of someone I don't even know. I've never been this open except with Maria, Alex, Isabel, Michael and Nacedo. But she's one of us. It shouldn't be a problem...

“I didn’t add any Tabasco yet. I don’t know how much you usually take,” I say, wondering if I should just sit now or wait to push her chair in after she sits. I decide to stay on my feet until she sits and then take my own chair again.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Alex~

Isabel settles her hand back on my leg. “Were you feeling a bit left out of the conversation…?” She asks me teasing.

I smile back at her and shake my head. “Never…just thought I should make sure you didn’t go changing your mind about what ‘duty’ entails for you two…” I throw back at her playfully. As soon as I’ve said it I feel guilty. This is no laughing matter…Isabel and Michael are lucky – they get to make their own decisions and choices - and lucky for me I’m Isabel’s… Max and this Liz, apparently they’re not so lucky… I sigh and reach out to take and squeeze her hand. “I love you Izzy…whatever happens, you know that – right…?” I kiss her again, deepening the kiss this time and smile as I feel her respond in like.

Michael mutters something about getting a room and I shake my head. “What, like you and Maria…you know we did have adjacent rooms at the last hotel…” I remind him laughing.

Isabel’s talking to Maria about what we’re going to order, but Maria’s eyes shoot up as I say this. She looks surprisingly embaressed and glares at Michael a little – I’m guessing blaming him for starting all this. I shrug and laugh. “Sorry Ria, he did start it though, and I just couldn’t resist…” I tell her, slipping my arm around Isabel as we turn our attention back to choosing something to eat.

"So, do we want to order seperate or get something to share?" Isabel asks and I shrug.

“I’m not bothered, you choose…” I tell her softly before adding, “Just don’t forget that two of us here do not share your unusual tastebuds…”

I don’t mean anything bad by it, and I don’t suppose that she would think I do… It’s her choice what she eats, just I’ve tried it, and even a drop of Tobasco makes me want to drink a whole jug of water, never mind the amount she, Michael and Max use… I grin and push her hair back from her face slightly, baring her neck and dipping my head to ‘nuzzle’ it gently. “Have I told you how beautiful you look…?”

~Liz~

I find myself smiling from his compliment as I slip into my room. Why I would be bothered how he thinks I look I don’t know, but I’m glad he liked the dress… Although…was it my imagination, or was there a strange look passed over his face as I mentioned the dance…?

I’m sure I must be imagining it…I mean why would someone his age have any interest at all in a high school dance…I’m sure that he couldn’t care less and is just being nice humouring me by listening…

I close the door behind me and lean back against it for a moment. What the heck is going on…? Part of me thinks that I should probably call Kyle, or Jim even… I mean this weird guy has turned up on my doorstep – and what have I done, let him in… I have willingly let him into my home – granted I know that I can look after myself – but it’s not that simple… I mean he could be anyone…am I completely mad?

I shake my head, trying to get a handle on myself. For some reason I seem inclined to throw caution to the wind and that’s so not me… Calm down, take it slow… You want to know who this guy is and what he wants… You don’t want to reveal anything else about yourself until he tells you more about himself and why he’s here… I run the commentary in my head as I try to go over what he’s already said. He’s spoken about a ‘he’ a lot…I wonder who he’s talking about, it sure seemed as though he thought I should know who he was…

Taking a breath, I walk over to the bed, dropping the dress first to my waist, and now down to the floor. My jeans are still lying on my bed from when I took them off a little while ago and I grab them quickly, pulling them on over my hips and fastening them at the waist. Next comes by t-shirt, but it’s not exactly what I have in mind and I touch it with my hand, closing my eyes and watching as the cap sleeves shrink to nothing and the neckline warps as what was once a cap-sleeved t-shirt is replaced by a vest top. Simple, fresh and young – I like it!

Picking up the dress, I grab a hanger and hook the straps over the arms. Running my hand down in front of the dress, I smooth the fabric before hanging it back up in my closet and closing the door. As it swings to, I’m facing the mirror again and quickly I tidy my hair and wave my hand in front of face. Instantly the small amount of makeup I had applied disappears. Another wave and a small amount of lip gloss and clear mascara finishes my look. I kick off the shoes I’m wearing and shove my feet into the trainers that are still lying where I left them before taking one more look in the mirror. Not bad Parker…

Fixing a smile on my face, I take a deep breath and put my hand on the door, pushing it open and stepping back out into the main room. “Sorry…” I appologise as I walk back over to join him as he pulls out a chair for me.

“Thanks…” I go to sit down, picking up my cup from the table and take a sip. I can’t help pulling a face. Urgh, no Tobasco as yet and cold…really not a good combination…

“Here, let me warm your tea for you,” He holds his hand over my cup for a moment and then pushes it back towards me. I’m sure that my eyes must widen a little as for the first time I really begin to understand what he meant by saying he was ‘like me’… He has abilities…I wonder if he can do my little party trick too…

I’m drawn back from these thoughts, into the present, as Max speaks again. “Not that you couldn’t do it yourself,”

He looks so awkward…it’s kinda sweet…. I note that he assumes I can do it too though – I wonder how much he really knows about me…from everything that’s been said, I do wonder if he knows more about me than I do myself in truth…which I guess wouldn’t be that hard… I sigh inwardly and look back to Max as he continues.

“I didn’t add any Tabasco yet. I don’t know how much you usually take,”

I nod and smile, picking up the bottle and adding to my cup to taste before setting it back down and taking a seat. Max moves behind me, pushing the chair forward slightly and I look up at him surprised. What is he doing? I look at him curiously as he takes a seat opposite me. “So…what’s all this about…?” I ask him softly, holding my hand over the cup to mix my drink. “I don’t think you came here to tell me what a nice place I have, or how nice my new dress looks…you know who I am, so what do you want…?” I watch him carefully as I wait for a response.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...