The Redemption of Tess and Stargazers

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

What were you thinking when you thought this?
The fact that every other couple on the show bored the hell out of me except Kyle and Tess.

Max/Liz-Sometimes they could get way to sappy for my liking.

Michael/Maria-Enough already with the fighting.Accept each other for who they are or break up already.

Alex/Isabel-Grow a back bone Alex for once and say 'no' to Isabel and the way she treated you on the show.Like he did when she first asked him to Prom.

To be honest I'm more of a Gazer,Candy and Dreamer fan from fanfiction than I am from the show.
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Izzy&Alex 4eva wrote:
killjoy wrote:First off Kyle and Tess had more chemistry going for them than any couple on the show as far as I'm concerned.They would have been a great couple.But no the morons writting the show had to have her chasing after Max. :roll:
:shock: What were you thinking when you thought this?
That's the type of reply i would expect from someone who also Reads Incrowding/Fifthwheeler fics.
He was thinking that he liked Kyle and Tess together, rather than with someone else. Something which he is free to do without invoking anyone's disdain. For the record, Incrowders and Fifthwheelers are as welcome at Fanatics as any other 'ship is, including Gazers and Lamptrimmers.
What chemistry? Or are you thinking the few scenes in which the writers tried to fool the viewers in thinking that Tess was losing interest in Max?

People only threw them together because they didn't want to bash Tess in fics but also to give Kyle more of a storyline,(and mainly because the other 3 couples were together as they should be) he just needed someone to be with.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Laters,
Rick
Last edited by Kzinti_Killer on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Oh and by the way...I do read and love BOTH Fifthwheeler and Incrowder stories.

I'm rather fond of UC shipping :D
Izzy&Alex 4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Izzy&Alex 4eva »

killjoy wrote: The fact that every other couple on the show bored the hell out of me except Kyle and Tess.
Ohh :shock: Totally acceptable :)
I'm sorry, that reasoning never occured to me because i never seen them as a couple in anyway :o
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well let me put it this way....it didn't bother me any if you can't understand why I love Kyle/Tess :lol:

For you see to be a Tess fan on Roswell boards you have to be pretty thick skined :wink: :lol:
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

killjoy wrote:For you see to be a Tess fan on Roswell boards you have to be pretty thick skined :wink: :lol:
:lol:

Aw, that's sad that that's still true.
Izzy&Alex 4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Izzy&Alex 4eva »

:lol: I guess you do
With people like me about who is unwilling to change opinions on her i'm sure that one would have to be :lol:
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

cardinalgirl wrote:
killjoy wrote:For you see to be a Tess fan on Roswell boards you have to be pretty thick skined :wink: :lol:
:lol:

Aw, that's sad that that's still true.
I don't actually think it is still true. There are some people who won't change their opinions - more power to 'em, as long as they let others do so, or have THEIR opinions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and their ships. Feel free to express yours, but no bashing of other's opinions please.
greywolf
Roswell Fanatic

Post by greywolf »

Kath7 wrote:
cardinalgirl wrote:
I don't know about that. I've done a few fics where Tess wasn't evil. (96 hours, Dominoes Falling, Discipline Malfunction)She was a little warped...but if you'd been raised by a homicidal maniac, you might be a little warped too.

I think the writers on the show really blew it when it came to bringing in Tess. Not only were they very inconsistent with their treatment of her, when they brought Tess on board it seemed like Liz became a total martyr...which also detracted from her storylines.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Redemption of Tess and Stargazers

Post by begonia9508 »

vegas312 wrote:Yeah it's me again with another quirky question. :lol Seriously has anyone noticed that in the majority of stargazer fics we always redeem Tess? I mean if she hadn't mindwarped Alex then he would be alive and our couple would have been together in S3. Did I mention that Alex would be alive? Um yeah I'm a little obsessive with that as you can see. :D

So anyway my question is why do we redeem the very person who killed half our couple off? Is it because we understand Tess a little bit more than any other shipper? Or are you like me with the whole it's the writer's fault? Still I want to know why we redeem her in our stories and why we accept her when other shippers are less tolerate of her character.

ps. I mean no harm to anyone nor am I out to offend anyone either. Truth be told I do the very same thing I'm asking about. ;)

You forget that she also killed all the people who worked on the military base....... and they weren't certainly not all killers too!
Bc she could have mindwarped them instead of killing....

EVE :wink: :roll:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!