The Redemption of Tess and Stargazers

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

The Redemption of Tess and Stargazers

Post by vegas312 »

Yeah it's me again with another quirky question. :lol Seriously has anyone noticed that in the majority of stargazer fics we always redeem Tess? I mean if she hadn't mindwarped Alex then he would be alive and our couple would have been together in S3. Did I mention that Alex would be alive? Um yeah I'm a little obsessive with that as you can see. :D

So anyway my question is why do we redeem the very person who killed half our couple off? Is it because we understand Tess a little bit more than any other shipper? Or are you like me with the whole it's the writer's fault? Still I want to know why we redeem her in our stories and why we accept her when other shippers are less tolerate of her character.

ps. I mean no harm to anyone nor am I out to offend anyone either. Truth be told I do the very same thing I'm asking about. ;)

Last edited by vegas312 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

nice thread :)

I think Alex being alive would be a plus point for redeeming Tess. I admit I didn't like Tess at first, not because she got between M/L cause I found that rather interesting but because she interrupted some A/I moments in S1. But ... I never bought the story about Tess being evil - Nasedo maybe, but not the Tess that lived with the Valentis and was in Vegas with the others.

Maybe we Gazers also like her because she was a friend of Isabel's so the girl didn't feel so lonely (in the I'm the only female alien meaning)

besides, Tess not being evil is the easiest way to not get Alex killed and having A/I together ;)

Trude
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
AlexEvans
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AlexEvans »

This is an interesting topic. :)

I don't think we usually redeem Tess, per se. I think it's more common to not have her turn evil in the first place, either by rewriting the events of OTM/Departure or by having them be a cover for something else. It's hard to imagine truly redeeming Tess if you begin with canon events - but given how little sense those events make, it's hard for me to understand why anyone would begin with them. :D
The Observatory

Please visit the home of Alex and Isabel.
Quint
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Quint »

Interesting.

I know that I like to redeam (or at least make sense of) Tess. But I do think thats also because I just don't think that Tess=Evil makes much sense when you compare it to the majority of season 2. I just find it very hard to believe and well... I think they just wanted her out of the show and the easiest way was to turn her evil as they'd already killed Alex.

It just doesn't make sense for me and I tend to attemp to change things that don't make sense.... I think thats what I'm trying to say... :?

Ethan
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

with me, it really depends on the story. If Tess doesn something to piss me off, can her ass and good ridance. The stories where she hooks up with Kyle however... than i say go with god. i also add if you screw this up Tess, i will personally impale you with a vibrator (it would hurt more than just some knife).
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Quint wrote:But I do think thats also because I just don't think that Tess=Evil makes much sense when you compare it to the majority of season 2. I just find it very hard to believe and well... I think they just wanted her out of the show and the easiest way was to turn her evil as they'd already killed Alex.
I agree. Or maybe I've been mindwarped :lol:

---Nicole.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

nickimlow wrote:I agree. Or maybe I've been mindwarped :lol:
Hee.

Well, I've discussed this with a bunch of people on various boards... I'll come back later with my thoughts here. :wink:
RoswellFan1947
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan1947 »

I love Isabel & Alex, and yes I hate that Alex dies, but Tess is one of my fav characters...she brought a lot more to the show. She got very misguided when she was younger so I think she didn't really know what to do and she didn't wanna kill Alex So I do redeem her even though Alex dies because of her.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Sologirl102 wrote:with me, it really depends on the story. If Tess doesn something to piss me off, can her ass and good ridance. The stories where she hooks up with Kyle however... than i say go with god.
This line got me thinking... (keep in mind I have a confirmed UC side.) Can Rebels and Gazers ever live in peace?? Would it be possible to have a storyline where max/tess and isabel/alex were together, and would most gazers like that? Or are gazers (with rare exceptions like me) also Max/Liz hardliners to a lesser degree??
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

I'm only a diehard Gazer ... the other pairings aren't that important to me ... as long as A/I are together, I'm fine :oops:
I actually don't have a problem with ... M/T or K/L ... those can be fun :)
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics