Why Oh Why Oh Why

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

considering that "Stargazerness sneaks up on you" (as a candy friend of mine put it), it certainly is good to make other people ... "see the light" :lol:
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Pooh you are a very wise Lady :D

All that you said made perfect sense.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I think one of the things I like about Stargazing is the fact that Alex is unlike any of the other guys on the show.

What I mean is first you have Max(the romantic heart throb) than Michael(the classic bad boy with the heart of gold) and last Kyle(the popular school jock). Two not only were good looking but had the whole alien thing going for them,while Kyle who was also good looking and was in the in crowd at school.

Than we have Alex.Just your average nice,computer loving geeky guy whose work in a garage band kept him just this shy of being a nerd.But he was the one that could always be counted on in the end when things got bad.He was also the one who despite his lack of 'cool'standing went after and won the heart of the most popular girl in school.Alex and Isabel reminded me so much of Xander and Cordelia,my favorite couple from BTVS.There's just something about the nice guy getting the girl in the end that I think people like.
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

killjoy wrote:I think one of the things I like about Stargazing is the fact that Alex is unlike any of the other guys on the show.Than we have Alex.Just your average nice,computer loving geeky guy whose work in a garage band kept him just this shy of being a nerd.But he was the one that could always be counted on in the end when things got bad.He was also the one who despite his lack of 'cool'standing went after and won the heart of the most popular girl in school.
Very well said,I couldn't agree with you more killjoy
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

KarenEvans wrote:
killjoy wrote:I think one of the things I like about Stargazing is the fact that Alex is unlike any of the other guys on the show.Than we have Alex.Just your average nice,computer loving geeky guy whose work in a garage band kept him just this shy of being a nerd.But he was the one that could always be counted on in the end when things got bad.He was also the one who despite his lack of 'cool'standing went after and won the heart of the most popular girl in school.
Very well said,I couldn't agree with you more killjoy
yeah that :D
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
AlexEvans
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AlexEvans »

It built up gradually but overwhelmingly as I watched the first season. Alex is a great stand-in for me - and characters like him are few and far between. I fell hopelessly in love with Isabel, another unique character (although writers TRY to make characters like hers more often). Their relationship was the one that felt real to me.

Also, while I love Candies too and have friends with all sorts of weird ships, Gazers are my favorie fans to hang out with.
The Observatory

Please visit the home of Alex and Isabel.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Why do I love our Gazers so...lol good question!

For me it would have to be beacause Alex was such an amazing person, with such wonderful feelings, he was the type of person that just by watching him on the screen you think... I would like a friend like that or a boyfriend like that.

I am Candy girl... I love me some Maria and Michael but Alex was so sweet and he cared about Isabel so much, despite the times that she wasnt so nice to him, and chose stupid Grant over him. I mean come on the guy did a strip dance for her birthday... He made a fool of himself to make her laugh. That is love, I think...

I also like what he brought out in Isabel, he could see her for who she really was, she didnt have to be perfect, he still loved her... I think that is true love, real love...Its a damn shame that we didnt get to see more of them, that we didnt get to see Alex come into himself.. who knows what could have happened...Plus it helps that Alex is a cutie....
:wink:
Hope that answered the question. :D
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

LovinGuerin2Much,

I love all your reasons :D
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Thanks Karen.. :D

I forgot one very important thing that I love about Alex... He punched Michael right in the face because he made Maria cry... he wasnt scared of the big bad tempered alien.. and I cant forgot the famous line that I love from Viva Las Vegas...

Alex is playing the piano and Maria starts singing
FAT MAN: No, no. Thank you. Now take off your clothes.

ALEX: Hey! Who do you think you are? You treat her like a lady!

FAT MAN: I'll treat her like a stripping lady, 'cause that what she's auditioning for.

ALEX: Give me this flyer. (To Maria) New talent, big money... Oh! Oh! B.Y.O.G-String.

See thats the Alex I love always the gentelman, sighs... love him, really do..lol
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Yeah,I totally agree.

I loved that scene as well,it was quite hilarious actually.

But it made me love him all the more.