Why Oh Why Oh Why

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

LG2M - great reasonings - I always found it great that Alex stood up for Maria (but never for himself) in those two scenes :)
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I think the whole point to that was what Alex said to Michael in the ep where he punched him out for hurting Maria and being with Courtney.

He said something like "I don't care that Isabel treats me like crap! But nobody treats Maria that way!" or something like that'

Alex could careless about how bad Isabel treated him or what others thought about him.But he was damn well not going to let anyone hurt,treat bad or talk bad about Maria and/or Liz.

That's what made us love him :D
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Happy Stargazer Day everyone! :D
destinysucks
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by destinysucks »

I think the main reason I'm a stargazer is because of Alex.

His character was so easy to relate to and so easy to love that I fell in love with him, and although alot of people just see Izzy as the ice princess or the Christmas Nazi but I would like to think I see her as Alex see's her, a vunerable girl with far too many walls who just wants to be loved.

Though I can see why you would want to be a Candy or a dreamer I will always love the ship that barely even got to begin, Stargazer.
Stargazer's Delight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stargazer's Delight »

Why am i a Stargazer.

That's a good question, Let me round it down for you..
Firstly for me to be interested in a show i need a couple/pairing to support.

Now lets look at the options that helped me become a Stargazer

Max/Liz, This coupling bored me to tears, watching paint dry would be more interesting than these two.

Michael/Maria, Allthough they provided the comedy for the show (which i liked) there constant bickering just annoyed me..

Kyle/Tess, Sorry i do not see how this pairing can be classed as a conventional coupling, now unless i missed an episode i am pretty sure they never dated or even kissed, there for i can not see how they can be justifyed as a conventional couple (& that even includes in fan fiction)

Jesse/Isabel, Oh please dont get me started on this vommit inducing situation. For as the only words i have to describe this situation would more than likely get me banned from RF for obscene language.

Please note that generally i dislike Isabel ( why you ask well if you have seen that horrible situation called season 3 i think you will have your answer as to why)

Now you may ask why i dont support Alex being paired up with someone else considering i dislike isabel. Please note that i am Anti-UC for as i class unconventional fiction as a violation of character(This is not an attack on those who like to read uc) but i disdain it that is all.

Now we have come to the reason i am a Stargazer. Alex. this character is what kept me watching roswell. He was the trusworthy friend, sweet, most loyal of the group, honest, caring, he was brave when he needed to be and stood up for his friends, and he never betrayed his friends ( unlike everyone else in the group) :lol: ( Alex isn't Alex unless he loves Isabel)

There we go people that is the reasoning in which i chose to become a Stargazer
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Stargazer's Delight wrote: Kyle/Tess, Sorry i do not see how this pairing can be classed as a conventional coupling, now unless i missed an episode i am pretty sure they never dated or even kissed, there for i can not see how they can be justifyed as a conventional couple (& that even includes in fan fiction)
As a fairly recently converted Lamptrimmer I just wanted to reply to this briefly.

Firstly, yes, they did date on the show... they went to the prom together in 'heart of mine', that has to count as a date, in my opinion, and a pretty serious one too. Of course, it didn't *end* well, but still...

Secondly, Roswell fans have rewritten the CC definitions to suit the landscape of the fandom, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Going by a definition of 'couples who have dated or been involved on the show' would have to include Max/Tess, after all... and just about nobody wants them to be listed under CC, even the rebels AFAIK.

Basically, at the end of season one, the CC camp was pretty solidly Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Alex/Isabel in varying proportions. When Tess showed up talking about Destiny, none of them were terribly wild about it for obvious reasons, and more than a few fans noticed Emilie and Nick's chemistry in "Four square" and realized how nicely it would solve the Destiny mess if Tess fell in love with Kyle (and vice versa,) and forgot about being Max's wife or whatever. So that has something to do with how Kyle/Tess were adopted as a CC couple I believe.

(That's also a big reason why I didn't like Kyle/Tess shipping for a long time - until I tried it out with 'kismet unchained' and fell in love with them, basically.)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

I agree with Chrisken..

I am first and foremost a Stargazer but my second couple would be Kyle and Tess :shock: Just like A/I there was something below the surface with K/T that led me to believe they could be so much more if only the writers would allow them. :roll:

I always felt, IMO, that the show focuse too much on M/L that they were never able to decently portray the other 3 couples and especially Alex and Isabel :? (It got so bad that I would put the mute button on my tv every time M/L came on) :roll:

BTW, Stargazer Delight, you will notice that many of the Stargazer fiction will have Lamptrimmer scenes because I truly believe tht no one wants Tess to be bad and therefore kill our beloved Alex :cry: Also, I agree with you J/I assessment... That pairing just makes me sick to my stomach :lol:

Kara
Stargazer's Delight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stargazer's Delight »

Firstly, yes, they did date on the show... they went to the prom together in 'heart of mine', that has to count as a date, in my opinion, and a pretty serious one too. Of course, it didn't *end* well, but still...
Chrisken i forgot about heart of mine and yes i do agree that was a date.

Secondly after reading your views i have to say that i had been to small minded to consider the way you explained it. I never thought of it that way before and will keep an open mind.(so thanks for the opinion)
Kyle/Tess, Sorry i do not see how this pairing can be classed as a conventional coupling, now unless i missed an episode i am pretty sure they never dated or even kissed, there for i can not see how they can be justifyed as a conventional couple (& that even includes in fan fiction)
Now after reviewing my post i have come to see that this can be mistaken as an attack on Lamptrimmer's.This is not the case i just chose the wrong way to express my view and i apoligise.

And lastly i would like to state that i do quite enjoy lamptrimmer fiction, and i all so liked the Kismet Unchained and some of my current favoured fics i like to read involve Kyle/Tess pairing like We hate men by Drogyn,The Royals, they were my favourite couple in the Pink Tirantula & i certainly cant wait to see there reunion in Still Yours by Kzinti_Killer.
montee916
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by montee916 »

For me, there are two main reasons as to why I have been a Gazer since day one.

The first is, without a doubt, Alex's character. I watched him on the show and could relate so strongly to him and what he was doing, and his reasons for doing them. It was like I was watching myself LOL.

The second thing was that their relationship seemed the most... REAL for lack of a better term. Let's look at the others:

Max and Liz had the whole, I have loved you since I was eight years old thing going for them. Sorry people, but outside of Mills and Boon, where does that ever happen? Moving on...

Michael and Maria were simply the horn dogs of the group, and once they got past the physical side of things, how much did they really have?

Kyle and Tess were looking like a pairing for a while because.... well, what else were they going to do with them?

Alex and Isabel were the only two that we really got to see start out as friends and actually grow together. Even when the photo was taken of them all just before the prom, you see it again - Alex and Izzy are the only two that look like a real couple.

But of course, all of this is just my opinion. :wink:
Third Time Lucky - my first fic

Second Time Around - the sequel to 3TL
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

Alex and Isabel were the only two that we really got to see start out as friends and actually grow together. Even when the photo was taken of them all just before the prom, you see it again - Alex and Izzy are the only two that look like a real couple.
so true :lol: ... well, I never really know how to describe the couples of Roswell because I'm soooo biased when it comes to A/I :lol: :oops:
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics