The Alex/Isabel challenge thread!!

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

The Alex/Isabel challenge thread!!

Post by Chrisken »

Hehe, I thought I'd start one.

Okay, here's a song challenge that just occured to me. Use the following lyrics from Alex's perspective... sometime after Destiny -- would probably work best in the second season, anywhere from 'we are family' to 'heart of mine'. I think it should be pretty obvious how they relate... Alex having strong feelings for Isabel, but playing it cool because he thinks she isn't as serious about him.

"Don't say you love me", by the Corrs. (Off 'talk on corners')

I've seen this place a thousand times
I've felt this all before
And every time you call I've waited there
As though you might not call at all

I know this face I'm wearing now
I've seen this in my eyes
And though it feels so great, I'm still afraid
That you'll be leaving anytime

We've done this once and then you closed the door
Don't let me fall again - for nothing more...

CHORUS:
Don't say you love me unless forever
Don't tell me you need me, if you're not gonna stay
Don't give me this feeling, I'll only believe it
Make it real or take it all away

I've caught myself smiling alone
Just thinking of your voice
And dreaming of your touch -- it's all too much
You know I don't have any choice

REPEAT CHORUS

Yeah, yeah yeah

We've done this once and then you closed the door
Don't let me fall again for nothing more

REPEAT CHORUS

(Say you love me...)
Don't tell me you need me, if you're not gonna stay
Don't give me this feeling, I'll only believe it
Make it real, (make it real,) or take it all away
Take it all away, take it all away...
Last edited by Chrisken on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

nice challenge and I love the Corrs :)

I'm writing another story right now ... maybe afterwards I'll try it :)
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Oh! I have a challenge too! :D

You all have probably seen "What Women Want", so what if after Wipe Out, Alex can read women's minds too?
Imagine the thoughts Maria might have and poor Alex has to hear! :lol:

He uses his ... "gift" to get closer to Isabel again who is dating Grant at that point and manages that they get together again, after all, he knows now what Isabel wants from a guy ;) and also learns about Future Max and tries to help M/L too.

somehow, he then loses his gift again - maybe he gets hurt and when Max heals him, his gift is gone too

I know, this is not a very defined challenge and rather loose but I hope someone takes it :) because I think it would be fun if sweet innocent Alex learns how women's minds work :twisted:
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

Interesting Challenges . . . I'll think about the first one, but I'm not very good at During or Post S1 fics. Don't know why, I'm just not.

The 'What Women Want' one sounds hilarious, but I don't think I could do it justice.

Anyway, I have another massive story I'm working on, so . . .

~Kay
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

StarGazing101 wrote:Interesting Challenges . . . I'll think about the first one, but I'm not very good at During or Post S1 fics. Don't know why, I'm just not.
Ummm... exactly what does that mean? If you take away 'during or post season one', what's left but absolute AU? (Not that there's anything wrong with AU, but it seems a funny way to put it.)

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

Sorry, I should have clarified a little more. :oops: I don't have much experience writing stories set in S1 (probably because I did not start watching Roswell until S2). Basically, as I said for Trude's challenge, I don't think I could give your challenge justice. (Maybe, when I have time, I'll rewatch my S1 DVDs and see what I can do) :D

~Kay
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

StarGazing101 wrote:Sorry, I should have clarified a little more. :oops: I don't have much experience writing stories set in S1 (probably because I did not start watching Roswell until S2). Basically, as I said for Trude's challenge, I don't think I could give your challenge justice. (Maybe, when I have time, I'll rewatch my S1 DVDs and see what I can do) :D

~Kay
Okay, maybe I wasn't clear. I meant 'sometime after destiny' as in including the second season, maybe even longer as long as Alex doesn't die of course. Have updated my challenge post accordingly.

StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

Oh! (I'm dense! *Hits self in the head*) Okay. That definitely works out better and makes me want to take it even more. Now, I really need to think about this! :)

~Kay
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Hey!
no word about my challenge? not even a negative response? :(
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

I think it's a fun challenge, Trude, just don't have time. :roll: Plus I've never seen the movie.... anyhow... I hope somebody does it, though! :D