The Alex/Isabel challenge thread!!

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Oy! I meant to post this here awhile ago. :oops: Here are the summer challenges that Forget Me Not has come up with. Happy Writing! ;)

We've finally come up with a writing challenge for the summer, well
actually two challenges. Thanks to the replies to the surveys, we're
going to post writing challenges every two months that way it won't
get
too old. Anyway we have a Beginning and Ending challenge, where we
give you the first and last line that you <b>must</b> include in your
entry. If the Beginning and Ending challenge isn't your cup of tea, then
don't worry as we have something else for you. All entries are due
SEPTEMBER 15, 2007, so you have one month to get those muses thinking and writing. Remember to have fun, and oh all participants will get one siggie, one wallpaper, and five avatars. Sweet right? *winks* Happy writing! Challenge rules and requirements are found below.

Beginning and Ending Summer Challenge:

First Line: "All my life I believed I was extraordinary, because
of who I am. The irony was on me when I found out just how ordinary I
was, when I met someone who showed me what extraordinary really is."

Ending Line: "Just a moment. A small moment. A big moment.
I've learned its all about living those moments to the fullest. All I need
is just a moment."

Forget Me Not Summer Challenge:

requirements:

min. words: 500 rating: up to you eppy: all eppys are open characters:

A/I, but can include other couples/characters as well

must include at least three of the lines/things below:

-"Oh please you were seen making out in the grocery store, and in the
bread aisle of all places."

-someone sings a Spice Girl song "Tell me what you want."

-one of the guys are wearing a "I Am Wonder Woman." shirt.

-Alex gets locked out of the house in his underwear

-a teddy bear

-someone gives advice about dating and tells their (his/her) ten
rules for obtaining a successful date

-"I want to take that step towards you, but I'm not sure what happens
when I do."

-"You've always seen me for who I am."

-"I'm getting a vibe, and its not a good vibe. Who have you gone and
pissed off now?"

-dancing in the street

Reminder: All entries are due September 15, 2007!
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

I really like the first one but so far, I have no idea what story I could write for it and don't know when I could write it :?
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Damn I just got my new computer yesterday and now I found this......hmmm after reading the must haves I've got some Alex/Isabel and Kyle/Tess stuff going through my head right now.

Let me see if this weekend I can get any of this down and done?
Bloody Crow
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Bloody Crow »

Kzinti_Killer wrote:Here's a nifty crossover challenge to the universe of Jason Bourne.

Alex didn't die in CYN. Tess wasn't evil and therefore didn't kill him. However there *was* an accident. His face was destroyed, but he was alive. Treadstone was on the lookout for these sorts of opportunities so they took him, planted a look alike corpse and swapped some records. Maybe they even manufactured the opportunity themselves. Perhaps you could attribute his odd behavior to the beginning phases of Treadstone's conditioning process.

In the Bourne universe it's immediately after events in "The Bourne Supremacy." Alex *is" Jason Bourne.

In Roswell it's post-Graduation and the kids are on the run. And just because I hate Jesse's guts, he worked for Treadstone.

CC all the way. Happy ending required for all involved. Everything else is up to you.

Rick
Assassin Jake Thourne Challange

I was watching Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum clips on YouTube and this idea hit me. It is a lot like the above, but I think mine is more plausible to write as a story.

- What if Jason Bourne was not the only amnesiac assassin running from his former superiors during the 2000s

- What if Alex did not die, but become the Special Unit's counterpart for the Treadstone's Jason Bourne, their top assassin/best agent?

- They "named" him Jake Ezekiel Thourne (Jake Thourne for short)

- This could be a XO with Bourne Series Movies, or Author can just borrow the concepts from Bourne series and put them into Roswell context.

- Either way, the Special Unit will play the same role as that of the Treadstone in the Bourne Series.

Basic Storyline

1. Alex does not die, but the special unit finds him after the accident. Thinking of him as a good source of information, they take him and leave a fake duplicate dead body in his place
(They created it from a corpse using a stolen alien Technology.)

Or

Max's healing revives Alex, but it takes long for him to finally be "alive" again. Special Unit finds him and takes him in. They arrange a fake funeral and make him "dead" to the rest of the world.

2. They soon discover that for some reason (Due to a severe mindwarp by Tess), Alex's memory of his life is almost completely erased while retaining the learned skills. Instead of Killing him, they decide to "mold him" into their best asssassin/agent. After all, he is almost completely blank. He will be the best subject for thier new trainning/conditioning program.

If this will be an XO with Bourne Series.) Special Unit has obtained the training methods via illegal link from the CIA(Treadstone)

3. They create fake life memory for him and train him.
(Details of training needed)
* Author decides the details of the fake memory, but he/she should give him a name other than Jake Thourne.

Jake Thourne is only the Codename.

4. Final product, Jake Thourne has had a training similar to Bourne.
He is skiled in hand to hand combat, (Maga and Escrima/Kali techniques.)expert gunman, sniper and a spy

*Think of Jason Bourne in the movies, only being Alex Whitman in appearance

5. The Special Unit deploys Jake Thourne for a number of missions for 2 years. Not all the members of the Special Unit know the story behind his joining of the unit. Only the High ups know.

6. By the time the special Unit becomes depedent on Jake Thourne's ability. He is sent to Roswell New Maxico for an assassination.

7. During the one-man mission, he experiences a flashback and abandons the mission in panic ( The target being one of the poeple he knew as Alex Whitman). His past personality partially emerges.

8. Realizing that something is wrong, he becomes a run away. fighting off the Special Unit members coming after him, he searches for the clues to sovle the mystery

Requirements: (For XO with Bourne series, Jake Thourne must cross path with Jason Bourne. Jason Bourne(Post Ultimatum) does not directly help Thourne, but they understand and comfort each other

- Jake Thourne "remebers the blonde woman" (Isabel)'s face, feels strong attraction to her

- Story is set on 2007, Roswelllians could be on the run, or living in Roswell or other places.

- Jake Thourne put his fragmented memories together

- Jake Thourne finds podsters

- Strong love scene between Jake Thourne/Alex and Isabel

- must have a figthing scenes between a member of podsters and Jake

- Jake Thourne doesn't completely recover his memory as Alex Whitman, but he finds himself instinctively acting as Alex would

- Isabel doesn't marry Jess

- Tess is alive and Jake must have his revenge, but not kill her.

- Alex/Jake doesn't have any super powers

- Jake brings the Special Unit to justice

- Must include lines from Bourne series or other variations of them.

* You're U.S. Government property. You're a malfunctioning $30 million weapon. You're a total goddamn catastrophe!

* I send you because you don't exist.

* I don't want to do this anymore.
I don't think that's a decision you can make

* Look at what they make you give.

* The objectives and targets always came from us. Who's giving them to him now?
Scary version? He is.

* I swear to God, if I even feel somebody behind me, there is no measure to how fast and how hard I will bring this fight to your doorstep. I'm on my own side now.

* She wouldn’t want me to. That is the only reason you are alive.

to see how Jason Bourne(Jake Thourne would Fight. use this link)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... ting+scene
Last edited by Bloody Crow on Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I don't watch much network tv anymore so I just now found out about the tv show The Office and the love triangle between Pam/Jim/Karen.How Jim was in love with his best friend Pam but she was engaged,turned him down when he confessed his feelings,how he left for a new office and how jealous Pam got when he and Karen came back.

So I thought that might be a cool idea for a Gazer challenge.

ALL HUMAN,A/I,K/T,M/M and M/L.ANY RATING IS FINE.

Alex and Isabel both work at the same boring job.They become good friends over the long work hours.Over time Alex comes to love Isabel but she's engaged to Jessie or Grant.So in order to get over his broken heart Alex takes a job offer at the Sweden office.

Isabel is hurt over Alex's quick departure and is shocked at how much she misses him.Guess her shock when Alex comes back but is followed by his new former not to mention sexy Swedish coworker Leana.

Now Isabel has her work cut out for her in winning Alex back.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok I got this idea from watching an old black and white eposide of the Twilight Zone.

Soon after Alex's death Isabel is either knocked out or goes to sleep.When she awakes she finds herself on a tv filming stage.She learns that everyone thinks her name is Katherine Higel and that she's an actress staring on the new hit tv show Roswell.

Isabel is even more shocked when she learns that her other fellow 'aliens' and humans are all actors two.But the big shock comes when she finds out that Alex is alive.

But this Alex is a stranger to her.He goes by a different name...C.Hanks....and he acts like other than them being friends on the set they have no romantic past.

Is this new life a dream?

Was her past 'alien' life the dream?

It's up too you to make it work and find out.
StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

killjoy wrote:Ok I got this idea from watching an old black and white eposide of the Twilight Zone.

Soon after Alex's death Isabel is either knocked out or goes to sleep.When she awakes she finds herself on a tv filming stage.She learns that everyone thinks her name is Katherine Higel and that she's an actress staring on the new hit tv show Roswell.

Isabel is even more shocked when she learns that her other fellow 'aliens' and humans are all actors two.But the big shock comes when she finds out that Alex is alive.

But this Alex is a stranger to her.He goes by a different name...C.Hanks....and he acts like other than them being friends on the set they have no romantic past.

Is this new life a dream?

Was her past 'alien' life the dream?

It's up too you to make it work and find out.
Interesting challenge, but I wanted to point out that the names would have to be changed, as having the characters' names change to the actors would probably be considered an Actor-fic, which is not allowed on these boards.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

AU WITH ALIENS/CROSSOVER

Alex(Jesse)/Isabel (to understand this read below to find out),K/T,M/M and M/L

Rating...any you want.

The idea for this challenge comes from a short lived tv show called Now And Again.In the story a man was in an accident and his body was totally crushed and beyond repair but his brain was still working.The U.S. government keep his brain alive" and placed it into a new, genetically bio-engineered body.

Although the body looks like your average in shape person it's five times stronger than the most pumped up body builder on earth,can heal faster than normal and has advanced reflexs.Once the brain is moved over into the new body the man takes on a whole new life not to mention face/body.But the down side to all of this is the fact he is now forced to cut all his old ties and to work as an agent for the US government.

So I got thinking what if this were to happen to Alex after a normal car wreck....so no evil Tess.What if the new body and name he was given was Jesse Ramirez? What if the government sent Jesse/Alex to Roswell on a mission.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok had this idea for some time but never did anything with it.So I'm going to put it out here for anyone to take.

AU ALL HUMAN

A/I,K/T,M/M AND M/L

Isabel Evans gets word that her twin brother Max is getting married to his girlfriend Liz.While at the celbration party Isabel is introduced to her soon to be sister in law's two best childhood friends.

Maria was nice enough but Isabel is shocked when Liz introduces her to her other best friend Alex Whitman.For you see it seems that the two have already met before.

Five years ago Isabel and Alex went to college with one another.During their freshman year there Isabel wanted to join the most popular and elite sorority on campus.Part of the hazing to get in was that all who were trying to join must go out and find the biggest geek they could.They were to act nice and try to pick them up and bring them back to a party at the sorority house.When there at the height of the party all the 'geeks' would be embarrassed and made fools of much to the laughter of the elite sorority memebers.

Isabel really didn't want to treat anyone this way but Isabel being Isabel just HAD to be in the BEST sorority on campus.So who was it that Isabel picked up and took back to humilate at the party....yep you guessed it Alex.

Now years later Isabel's past has come back to haunt her.Although she recognized Alex right away at the party the young man didn't seem to return the favor.So a happy Isabel tries to make up for her mean act to him in the past.And over time she starts to fall for Alex while the whole time hoping he won't remember her from the past.

A little more here on Alex...... :D I have two train of thoughts and you can go and take either one if you want.

Maybe Alex did remember Isabel.But knowing if he acted mad at her Maria and Liz would demand to know why.And knowing if he told them his two best friends would go after Isabel and in result might ruin Liz's future wedding.So he keeps his mouth shut the whole time and acts like he dosen't remember Isabel.

OR

Alex dosen't remember Isabel (maybe as a freshmen in college Isabel used a fake name to pick up Alex while she had short season three hair.And now has her long hair and so Alex didn't recognize her).So he's shocked when the really HOT woman starts talking and flirting with him.He falls for Isabel but just when they start to get to a happy ending something triggers Alex's memory and he remembers Isabel from college and what she did to him.

So now Isabel most prove to Alex she is sorry for what she did and really cares for him
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

A/I,K/T,M/M and M/L

Any rating is fine.

Isabel Evans's love life is in the crapper.It seems that every guy she's dated lately is more interested in her looks and getting into her pants than they are in getting to know her.All Isabel wants is a guy who can look past how she looks and just like her for her.

And at an introduction party to meet her brother's new girlfriend Isabel might get her wish.For she's introduced to her brother's girlfriend's best friend....one Alex Whitman.And Isabel knows that Alex is not interested just in her looks..for Alex can't tell how Isabel looks seeing how he's blind.

Alex Whitman has been blind ever since that awful night back in high school.When head truama from an almost fatal car wreck robbed his eyesight from him.Still through the hardships life has been good to Alex.He still managed to graduate from high school and college and has a very good job.

And while at a party to meet his best friend's new love interest Alex may have found a love intersted of his own.

MUST HAVES

Alex takes Isabel some where and teaches her by making her close her eyes and use her other senses to learn and experince new things.

Liz and Maria have been a tad over protective of Alex ever since the wreck that took his sight.This upsets Alex some but knowing they do it out of love he's let it slide over the years.But when the two girls start trying to interfer with him and Isabel...well Alex is forced to put his foot down.