The Alex/Isabel challenge thread!!

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

All Human AU

A/I,K/T,M/M and M/L

Any rating is fine.

Ok I don't know if you guys have heard of or seen the movie Blind Date(1987) staring Bruce Willis and Kim Basinger but I think it would fit an Alex and Isabel story very well.

In the movie Bruce Willis character is a workaholic with no social life.He has to go to a very important business dinner where he has to bring a date.Now like it was said this guy is a work alcoholic with no social life so he has no one to ask to be his date.So with no other recourse he reluctantly lets his friend set him up on a blind date.His friend tells him that the woman he has for him is not only smart and great but she is also very attractive...but she has one bad catch.He is told under no circumstance should he let the woman drink alcohol.He is told if she does she becomes extremely wild and unpredictable.

Of course during the dinner the woman does and goes off causing the man all kinds of grief and damages.But in the end when it is all done the two have fallen for each other.

I got thinking of how much this would fit Alex/Isabel.The woman is a tall very striking blonde...just like Isabel.The guy was kind of nerdy but in the end a nice guy...just like Alex.And the funny part is the woman couldn't drink alcohol....just like Isabel on the show.

So what if the format of this movie was redone with Alex and Isabel? While talking to Maria,Alex tells her about his date troubles.Maria's boyfriend Michael tells Alex he knows a girl Alex can take...her name is Isabel.

Oh and by the way in the movie they are also being chased by the woman's very jealous ex-boyfriend.If you want to make Grant or Jesse that character and bring them in go ahead.You don't have to but you can if you want too.

Here's a link to a short teaser trailer to the movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092666/tra ... E20638-310
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

AU All human

A/I,K/T,M/M and M/L

Alex Whitman is the assistant...or whipping boy...to the very gorgeous,very famous but also very temperamental actress...Isabel Evans.

Isabel is the hot star of a new huge tv show...think Hayden Panettiere from Heroes.Although he was only supposed to work for her while on set Isabel's demands of him have rolled over into their personal lives.

Every day Isabel's demands and wants makes Alex's life hell.He has to jump through hoops in order to keep the tv show's main star happy and willing to work.It takes it's toll on the guy.And even though he has always secretly loved her Alex has had enough.

When Alex quits on her the famous star starts to realizes just how much Alex did for her.As her day to day life becoms harder and lonely Isabel starts to see that maybe the glamour's lifestyle she always thought she wanted might not be what she needs.So now how can she get Alex to come back to her.

And yes the movie Two Weeks Notice gave me the idea for this.

MUST HAVES

Grant or Jesse as a rich/famous date for Isabel that makes Alex feel bad and makes him see how he can't compete with the famous men in Isabel's life.

One of the bunch....Liz,Maria,Tess,Kyle....etc..is either part of the show or the crew.They take a liking to Alex(friendship) and offer advice to him.

When still working for Isabel and just as something is going good for Alex...a date...about to perform with his band....Isabel calls and demands that he drop everything to cater to her whim.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Alex/Isabel challenge thread!!

Post by killjoy »

This isn't much of a challenge.It's just me giving away a story idea I had that I know I'll never write.

A/I,K/T,M/M and M/L

Set in season two not long after the CYN funeral.It's right along the time Max and Isabel are fighting over her going away to college.What if during one of those fights an upset Isabel steps out into a street without looking?What if she had been hit by a car and knocked out? What if she woke up in a hosptial only to find that not only has she been in a coma this whole time but all the Roswell stuff she had thought was her life had been nothing more than a coma dream?

Isabel is shocked when she's told that she's just a normal gal who had been involved in a bad accident.How all the 'alien' stuff was just something her mind cooked up for her while she was out.That all the people in her Roswell dreams were people from her 'real' life.But all of this is nothing when Isabel discovers that Alex is alive in this new world.

But the main thought is this.Has Isabel been in a coma the whole time and all the Roswell stuff just a dream?Or did the car accident in Roswell really happen and is this new world the dream? If so and with Alex alive in it would Isabel want to leave it?
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I was watching 13 Going On 30 the other day and it gave me this idea.It's kind of a reverse of the movie

AU All Human

A/I,K/T,M/M and M/L

Any Rating Is Fine.

During high school Isabel Evans and Alex Whitman were the odd couple of Roswell High.The most popular girl/head cheerleader dating the class clown/geek.But it worked for them.That is till right about the time of their high school graduation.For some reason (whoever takes the challenge can decide the reason).....Alex and Isabel break up and go their own separate ways.

It's now years later and Isabel is living in a big city moving her way up the corporate ladder.She's a big time bigwig with a big time office,lots of money and power.She's known in the business world as a up and coming soon to be CEO.Not only that her dating life is top notch.Isabel is always seen out with famous people,rich people or hell just all around rich/famous people.....aka Grant and/or Jesse.She's living the good life.

But sadly she's lost just about all contact with her family back at Roswell.She missed her own brother's wedding due to the fact it fell on the same date that a big business deal/meeting fell on.Plus she hardly knows her nieces/nephews.She's never at any Christmas/birthday parties.She's more of the type to give them an expensive gift in the mail than to come see anyone.

But all that changes one day when Isabel is involved in an accident.Some how Isabel gets a bad bump to the head and when she wakes up it's found she's suffering from retro amensia.For you see as far as Isabel is concerned she thinks she's sixteen years old.All of her memories past sixteen..which is all of her adult life..are gone.Upon doctor's orders Isabel's parents take her back to Roswell in order to make her feel at home and hope the familiar area might trigger her memory.

There is a slight problem with this.When 'sixteen year old' Isabel sees Alex not only is she in shock that he looks older but she still thinks they're together.So she doesn't like the fact that he's dating someone else.So Isabel does her best to get her Alex back.Alex on the other hand doesn't know what to do.He's always missed Isabel,likes that she wants him back but is worried that this isn't the real Isabel and how what might happen if Isabel's memories were to come back.

Can Isabel make Alex see that in the end they belong together? And what will happen if Isabel's memories come back? Will she let Alex go again and become the cold business woman she had became?

MUST HAVES

Liz/Max married with kids.Maria and Michael not to mention Kyle/Tess can be married with kids or single or what ever you want to be as long as they're together and happy in the end.

Someone in the group has a job that 'sixteen' year old Isabel can't believe that they have and she snickers when she hears.

Amy and Jim married......why?....I love them like that so sue me.

'Sixteen' year old Isabel dressed in fashion that was cool when she was sixteen and listening to music that might not be as cool as it was when she was really sixteen.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Human
Any Rating Is Fine
A/I,K/T,M/M and M/L

As far as anyone who knows them is concerned Isabel Whitman is just one of many hardworking over achieving executives at her job.But as they say appearances can be deciving.For the firm that Isabel works for is a front for a top secret CIA like spy agency.And Isabel herself is actually one of their top agents.

No one in her family or circle of outside friends knows this....not even her husband Alex knows of her double life.In fact Isabel met Alex for the first time while she was on a mission...she lied to him about why she was there so what Alex thinks their first meeting was like is all a lie.

Now although they are in love Isabel's job is very demanding of her time.So after many broken promises and many missed dinners Alex has had enough. Isabel is shocked to come home one day to find that not only has Alex packed his suitcase but he's saying that maybe a separation period might be what's best for them at the time.The way Alex sees it Isabel seems to care more for her 'job' than she does about their marriage.Of course Isabel denies this but being unable to tell Alex the truth about what she really does it only makes things worse.

Now Isabel is in a deep funk.Now that Alex is gone not only has Isabel realized how much she took him for granted due to her job but how much she misses and loves him.When Isabel witnesses other women hitting on her now separated husband she has to fight her jealousy down and try very hard not to take out her gun or one of her many knifes and use them on the 'bitch'.Isabel is determined to get Alex back....but will her job as top spy get in her way?

REQUIREMENTS

Someone...Kyle,Serena,Tess also works at the spy agency and is Isabel's partner. Unfourtanly they have to hear Isabel bitch about the women now hitting on Alex and they have to fight very hard to keep her from killing any of those women.

During their separation period Isabel is on an undercover mission at some fancy function. Jesse or Grant who works with her is her 'date' for the function.They are all dressed up in top fashion for the party.But sadly they some how run into Alex who mistakenly thinks they're on a date and that Isabel is moving on.Sadly Isabel doesn't have the time to set Alex straight.

Alex is a electronic/computer geek at heart.So when Isabel does finally let Alex in on the real her he goes crazy playing with all the state of the art spy gear that Isabel has.....I see him running around the house wearing a pair of those night vision goggles on his face.

A scene where a woman hits on Alex and Isabel sees this and is seething with boiling jealousy.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

A/I,M/L,M/M and K/T

Any rating is fine.
All Human

Isabel is a famous actress....tv,or movie or both....although she loves her job and the money it brings Isabel doesen't like the fame that comes with it.Deep down Isabel is still the small town girl looking for love like she was back in her home town.But sadly anyone she dates either wants to only get in her pants,get famous by being with her or both.

So that's why when Isabel meets Alex an average joe who has no clue who she is Isabel jumps at the chance.She lies about who she is to Alex and what she does for a living.Isabel hopes that this will give her a chance to go out on 'normal' dates and have fun with a guy who isn't awe struck over her stardom.

But the down side is that Isabel has to find a way to keep the press and her own people(job,friends,family) from finding out about Alex and blowing the whole thing.Not to mention dodging Alex's friends and family who might know who she is.

During this whole time Isabel talks with her brother..and whomever you want from the group to be on Isabel's side...about what she's doing with Alex.Max and the others try to warn her that she should tell Alex who she really is before it gets too deep or it blows up in Isabel's face.

Of course she doesen't and when Alex finds out just who his new girlfriend really is the .....uhh crap...hits the fan.
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

Wow Kiljoy :shock:

I was reading over the last 2 challenges that you posted and as I was reading I realized that I had jotted down something of the same idea in a notebook that I just recently threw out. I had brainstormed a story where Isabel was was keeping her true identity a secret during a vacation where she meets Alex as well as a story where Alex gets fed up with Isabel's push and pull and leaves her kind of the way yours plays out in the spy story. :(

Of course now that I am not writing for Roswell anymore.... I tossed the notes :roll:

I do enjoy reading your challenges :wink:

Kara
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

What would have happened had Isabel been there at the Crashdown when the shooting happened? What if Alex had been there two? But instead of the gunshot hitting Liz what if it was heading for Isabel? What if Alex saw this and knocked Isabel out of the way and took the bullet for her?

How would this effect what happened on the show? Would the Pod Squad's secret have gotten out? And how would Isabel suddenly feel about Alex and the fact he loves her so much he took a bullet for her?
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

What would have happened had Isabel been there at the Crashdown when the shooting happened? What if Alex had been there two? But instead of the gunshot hitting Liz what if it was heading for Isabel? What if Alex saw this and knocked Isabel out of the way and took the bullet for her?

How would this effect what happened on the show? Would the Pod Squad's secret have gotten out? And how would Isabel suddenly feel about Alex and the fact he loves her so much he took a bullet for her?
Interesting! I hope someone takes this. If I wasn't already swamped down with trying to update, I would take it. ;)
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

All Human
A/I,K/T,M/M and M/L
Any Rating Is Fine

Isabel is a single mom trying to raise her pre-teen daughter after her husband walked out on them.

Alex is a guitar playing front man for a hot pop band.

Isabel's daughter..who has her mom's high IQ...loves Alex's band and thinks of herself as their number one fan.So when she hears on the radio that the band is coming to town to put on a show she is overjoyed.But she gets even more happier when she hears that the radio station is putting on a contest.If you send in a letter/email to the station explaning why you're the groups number one fan and your letter/email gets picked you could win not only tickets to the show but back stage passes to meet the band.

Isabel's daughter is in heaven at the thoughts of creating a letter,sending it in and meeting her favorite band but most importantly meeting Alex.But than the radio puts one little snag in her plans....it says you must be at least eighteen to enter the contest.Not letting something as little as that stop her Isabel's daughter sends in her letter but puts her mom's name on it instead.

Boy is Isabel in for a shock! :lol:

Of course the band members go through the letters...and of course Alex is the one who reads 'Isabel's' letter and is taken with it and picks it as the winner.He can't wait to meet the writer of such a great letter.And of course Isabel is upset with her daughter when news comes to them they won but she can't let her daughter down and must now act like she wrote the letter.

MUST HAVES

Isabel surprised about how nice Alex is for a rock star.

Someone other than Max is in the band also with Alex....Maria,Liz,Kyle,Michael or Tess.

A jealousy scene later in the story when A/I are starting something and a hot groupie hits on Alex.