Stargazers and the myth of NC-17

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Mt Gazer »

Majiklmoon wrote
yeah, but this is where the show messed up...we never get to see why she is inaccessible. I mean, here she is, this girl, this alien on a planet God knows how far from her own world, and yeah, she has a brother and their alien friend, but she doesn't have another GIRL alien to help her deal with all the girl stuff.

In the Roswell High books, Isabel is borderline OCD with her arranging and rearranging in times of stress and worry. That fact serves to make her more real to the reader. She has faults and things she uses as a coping mechanism. We seldom get to see that in the show. Also, look at the "Christmas Nazi" we see Isabel as controlling, but they (the writers) never really explore why. That her need to control is to create a semblance of normalcy for her in a world where she is anything but normal.

Then too, look at Isabel in Leaving Normal. She made a huge leap to help Maria (someone she wasn't fond of) in a bad time. This act should have provided us with a huge amount of insight into the character of Isabel, but as usual, the writers failed to explore it as well as they could have.
You brought up all my points and all the things i ADORE about isabel.
She is borderline OCD ok i called her neurotic when i first read the book but same difference. I SO LOVE when she is in that mode. She is so real.

And I ADORE that scene in Leaving Normal when isabel came to help, that did speak volumes. i always saw a Maria/Isabel friendship possiblity from "Monsters" on... but the fact that she helped yeah,,,

And Pooh I am one of those girls who is an Isabel shipper. :wink: But I love Alex too. :lol:

There is a lot of unexplored territory throughout the show, but none more strongly than Alex and Isabel. I love both halves of the couple, separately as well as jointly...

And I truly don't know what type of story I prefer.

The romanticism question was quite interesting to whomever posted it,
I see a lot of hopeless romantics in the A/I scene as well. But I am not too certain it is based on the writers romanticism, LOL speaking as an A/I writer who doesn't understand the first thing about being romantic. LOL

I guess its hidden in there somewhere though, it does have a tendency to come out in the story. And I guess I am a hopeless romantic at heart if not in theory LOL

Well i hope that was ok in response to all these lovely thoughts.

Rhonda
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
"Too beautiful for earth."
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

I was in the middle of studying some really boring stuff earlier today and everything was going over my head.

Anyway,I took a break and day-dreamt about Alex a little :oops: :lol: ,I started thinking about "Surprise" and the strip-tease and it struck me that it would be a good place to start a fic from.

I don't know what you guys think,I've never written anything before but it felt like it could be the take off to a funny A/I fic.
truelovepooh
Forum Moderator

Post by truelovepooh »

I'm working on a new fic that starts at the end of surprise, but it has time travel and everyone in it, I have to finish Lies first before I start posting, but I already have a good start on it. I agree great starting point

And Thanks Tracie I agree totally, although you know that. :lol:

Rhonda I know there are a few of us out their :wink:
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

Karen, since you mentioned Surprise ... I don't know but after his strip, I don't see Alex as the "oh so innocent gentleman" anymore ... still waters are deep after all :twisted:
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well you know what they say.It's always the quiet ones :lol:
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

:lol: and God knows what Alex/Isabel were up to when they weren't on screen :twisted:
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

:lol: Yeah well after reading all the fics I've been reading let's just say I don't see him as the shy guy anymore :twisted:
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

:lol: all stories that can be found here or ones from other boards too? (interested minds wanna know that)
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well I still believe that the fact that Alex never looked at Isabel like a sex item was why the whole myth thing got started.Oh don't get me wrong I'm sure Alex thought she was hot and wondered what it would be like to sleep with her.But as everyone knows Alex saw past Isabel's outside beatuy and fell in love with the real person that he knew was underneath.

And in the end I think that's what scared Isabel the most.She had gotten used to playing the part of the Ice Princess to hide her alien status and than here comes Alex who sees right past it.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

He even says that in Heat Wave.
ISABEL: No, really. I mean, most guys are just disgusting animals whose sole purpose in life is to try to maul me. But you're different.

ALEX: I am? I mean, I am! Yeah. Oh, yeah. I just...I don't see you that way, Isabel. Not that I wouldn't want to...
Of course he would want to... he's a guy. Come on, people. He wasn't a saint. But he was a gentleman. My only point is that he wouldn't have asked for anything that she wasn't ready to give.