Why UC?

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:
Liz never really loved and wanted Max and Tess did.
Not to be rude but WHAT???!!! I'm having a hard time not taking offense to that and in turn not offending you, which is something that I don't want to do.

*Deep, even breath*

Ok, i'm genuinely interested, how did you come to that view?
I didn't mean to offend you and believe me I honestly loved Max and Liz. They were the only reason why I continued to watch Roswell through all the crap of S2 and S3.

I think Liz's actions speak for themselves when I said that she never really loved and wanted Max. Liz left Max in Destiny and never looked back. Then when she came back from Florida, she didn't want to talk or be bothered with Max anymore. What sealed the deal on Max and Liz's relationship not being the same ever again was TEOTW. Liz listened to Future Max and went along with his plan, slept with Kyle and broke Max's heart.

Tess loved and wanted Max and Max moved on with his life, slept with Tess and got her pregnant. I'm glad that Tess had her happiness with Max, even though that relationship was destroyed beyond repair also. Quite frankly, I didn't see Max and Liz ever getting back together at all and even wanting to for that matter, let alone getting married in the end.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Just a side note, she didn't actually sleep with Kyle, it was fake.

It's funny because I look at all of the points you mention and I find them as support that she does love Max, more than anything. She left him in the cave because he had such a big job to do, and she felt she was in the way. She tried to move on because she thought they both needed to, and by cutting herself out of his life she figured it would help him and her too. And in EOTW she did what FMax said because it was essentially Max, the man she loved.

Then with Tess and Max, their relationship was destroyed because *she* destroyed it. I don't think she ever really loved him, I think it was more so of the idea of him. Even if she hadn't taken an evil path, I don't think she loved him. I mean, she didn't even know him, she just had some far off memories from another planet and a story to go along with. I think she comforted herself with the idea of him when she was lonely, and dreamed of him, but she didn't know who he was. Also, if she had loved him she never could have sold him out to Khivar.

These are just my opinions, and I understand that you have yours too. I think we should agree to disagree. :D
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Peachykin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Peachykin »

And so this now becomes why you are CC? I thought it was about why we're UC.
Polar, Xtremer, Drifter. Michael. Alec. Dean. Unapologetic. Flawed. And you know... real men.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

And so this now becomes why you are CC? I thought it was about why we're UC.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean that, and I didn't want to make this an 'us, them' thing. I was just trying to get my point across as to why I thought that Liz loved Max. You seem offended, and that's not what I intended. I think it's cool that all of you like UC and I wasn't disputing that... If it makes you feel better I won't discuss anything here anymore. Maybe I shouldn't be in here talking about this in the first place, since it's your section. My apologies.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Just a side note, she didn't actually sleep with Kyle, it was fake.

It's funny because I look at all of the points you mention and I find them as support that she does love Max, more than anything. She left him in the cave because he had such a big job to do, and she felt she was in the way. She tried to move on because she thought they both needed to, and by cutting herself out of his life she figured it would help him and her too. And in EOTW she did what FMax said because it was essentially Max, the man she loved.

I can definitely see your points and they are quite valid. But, you'd be surprised(or maybe not in this fandom :lol: ) at how many fans would disagree with you and say that it was all Liz's fault.
maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean that, and I didn't want to make this an 'us, them' thing. I was just trying to get my point across as to why I thought that Liz loved Max. You seem offended, and that's not what I intended. I think it's cool that all of you like UC and I wasn't disputing that... If it makes you feel better I won't discuss anything here anymore. Maybe I shouldn't be in here talking about this in the first place, since it's your section. My apologies.
Ahhh, come back and don't feel bad. Yes, you asked a valid question of "Why UC?", and I've enjoyed your posts and discussing things with you. I guess I'll see you around the board hopefully to discuss other things. :)
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Ahhh, come back and don't feel bad. Yes, you asked a valid question of "Why UC?", and I've enjoyed your posts and discussing things with you. I guess I'll see you around the board hopefully to discuss other things.
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better :D . I just started thinking that I wouldn't want someone to go into the dreamer section and tell me I was wrong for being a dreamer, which I don't feel I was really doing, but if people looked at it that way then I feel bad.
I can definitely see your points and they are quite valid. But, you'd be surprised(or maybe not in this fandom ) at how many fans would disagree with you and say that it was all Liz's fault.
Probably a lot of people blame Liz (and I do too to a point) is because it was *her* choice to leave him. It was *her* choice to push Tess and Max together, and I really hated that. I don't blame her for EOTW because she was told everyone would DIE. She was handling the situation the only way she knew how. The other things though, leaving him after he was tortured and then pushing him to Tess, I didn't agree to, but she did have good reasons, in my opinion, and I do think it was because she loved him.

I really hope that doesn't sound offensive guys... :( I'm not trying to be!
Peachykin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Peachykin »

Its all good. :D
Polar, Xtremer, Drifter. Michael. Alec. Dean. Unapologetic. Flawed. And you know... real men.
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Thanks, that makes me feel a little better :D . I just started thinking that I wouldn't want someone to go into the dreamer section and tell me I was wrong for being a dreamer, which I don't feel I was really doing, but if people looked at it that way then I feel bad.

You're welcome and I'm a Dreamer also!! Hard to believe right. :lol:
Probably a lot of people blame Liz (and I do too to a point) is because it was *her* choice to leave him. It was *her* choice to push Tess and Max together, and I really hated that. I don't blame her for EOTW because she was told everyone would DIE. She was handling the situation the only way she knew how. The other things though, leaving him after he was tortured and then pushing him to Tess, I didn't agree to, but she did have good reasons, in my opinion, and I do think it was because she loved him.

I really hope that doesn't sound offensive guys... :( I'm not trying to be!
You're right, it was Liz's fault for leaving Max and pushing him to be with Tess in the first place. I've always said that Liz should have stuck by her man if she loved him and worked together with him side by side. But, it was also Max's fault for believing Tess, sleeping with her, and getting her pregnant. I can't blame Max because he did tell Liz that he loved Tess, was attracted to her, and had to find out what it was like to be with her, then he was over it.

Max and Liz were both at fault and both made mistakes. So, I blame both of them. And you don't sound offensive at all, I like discussing things with you. :)
Peachykin wrote:Its all good. :D
I agree, so now we can go back to discussing UC. :D

Peachykin, I know that you've probably discussed this topic over and over again, but I'm really interested in why you like Michael and Liz so much? If you don't feel like answering because it's been done to death I'll understand and that's quite okay? But if you feel like it, I'm really interested in hearing your reasons and it's not about judging or challenging your opinion. :)
Peachykin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Peachykin »

~*Sonia E.*~ wrote: Peachykin, I know that you've probably discussed this topic over and over again, but I'm really interested in why you like Michael and Liz so much? If you don't feel like answering because it's been done to death I'll understand and that's quite okay? But if you feel like it, I'm really interested in hearing your reasons and it's not about judging or challenging your opinion. :)
I have discussed it a lot and the truth is, there are just so many reasons I tend to get long winded about why Michael and Liz are my ship of choice.

Mainly for me its about attraction and balance. To me there was far more chemistry between the two of them, and JK just had to tease us with Missing and never did a thing about it.

the balance aspect comes from their personalities. You know its funny that Michael and Liz are referred to as polar, because when you break it down they really are more alike than anyone realizes. Surface, smart, pretty schoolgirl and the thumb his nose at authority reclusive bad boy. Classic right? Except that Michael has this incredible intelligence about him and Liz isn't as pure as we've been led to believe.

Ugh see like I said, looooong-winded. To me its the chemistry, the unresolved sexual tension I saw on screen and how they could compliment each other. Its like they come to each other on equal footing with more in common than ether of them would think.

Hope that answers your question. I could go on forever, but I'll digress here.
:D
Last edited by Peachykin on Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella1022
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ella1022 »

Okay I have a question for the polars. I'm obviously not one, but that doesn't mean I haven't tried to understand.

One thing I always hear is like what Peachykin said about the unresolved sexual tension between Michael and Liz. I admit this goes completely over my head, because wasn't there a scene where Rath kissed Liz and Liz was under the impression it was Michael, and her reaction was complete disgust. THat always convinced me that she'd never harbored any secret feelings or attraction for Michael. Does anyone else remember this part? I think it was from Meet the Dupes?

Honest curiosity here.
"The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"- Romeo from Dark Hunter Series