Why UC?

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

Spacegirl04
Addicted Roswellian
Location: will change avi if someone else has it; waiting to be admitted to psych ward

Post by Spacegirl04 »

I just like things that are different, Michael and Liz are that different, they aren't max/Liz...I like UC probably for the same reason as you all like CC...??
My Fics

Save the cheerleader Save the world,-heroes, I say huh?
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Spacegal17 wrote:
Ella1022 wrote:Okay I have a question for the polars. I'm obviously not one, but that doesn't mean I haven't tried to understand.

Honest curiosity here.
I think it was mostly to do with the fact that Michael and Liz had that moment together when Michael took Liz's Diary 'Thank you for giving me one more reason to evny Max Evans' they took it as Michael fancied Liz and was envy of Max for having that kind of girl or something like that, you need to ask a polar fan, i can't stand it.

I'm a non Max/Liz other shipping kind, i can't see them with anyone else for some reason,

ITA :D
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

yeah i just discovered this thread, so i'm going to throw my two cents in. I'm deeply conventional, or at least I was until this summer. because that's when i stumbled upon the UC/Slash section. These are really intriguing couples, who offer something different than the normal ones. Like L/Mi. He does tend to do the whole leap before he thinks thing, and Maria would probably freak out, but leap with him. But Liz, she'd ground him, make him think things through, but not immediately slap him down, like Max does. And K/I, those are a cute couple, not as cute as A/I, but they have that little something. Even though she's taller than him by a couple inches, they still looked really sweet together. And the people they loved had died (alex by tess, and tess when she blew up that base). So they are a kind of rebound for the dead people. You're probably thinking, what about Jesse? Well personally, I hate the dude. So he's dead to me. (Yes, I'm prejudiced, I admit it. If you read my early posts, I was all about bashing Tess. But thankfully I've mellowed, kind of.) And Zan/Maria. Those look like a cute couple.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

Actually, I think the question is, Why Not UC???
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Actually, I think the question is, Why Not UC???
Ditto!
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
gnrkrystle
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by gnrkrystle »

I like UC, number one becuase i hate Liz with the fire and passion of 1000 suns, and it is much easier to hurt her character by taking Max away from her...yes, i'm mean...sue me lol

But no, really, I like UC becuase my favorite characters were definatly the ones not explored enough on the actual show. ie Maria, kyle, isabel, Tess, etc...

I love Maria and Kyle, and so why not put them together...i think if put in the right situation, those two would have had chemistry out the ass...it is still my humble opinion that Majandra Delfino and Nick Wechsler are in the midst of a violent love affair as we speak (but then again i spend most of my time in a dream world)....

Another reason...EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER WRITES M/L and i can't read it. i can't get through any story that focuses on Liz...and as Far as M/M I LOVE THEM...but i notice that alot of candy stuff is all the same and many writters make Michael into a girl (though i have to say that my AU Candy fic i'm writting write not falls into that category, but that is becuase it is based on personal experiance lol

Anyway i LOVE LOVE LOVE UC, becuase it is different. If i wanted to see Max and Liz fawn all over each other, i'd watch the show lol
Check out my Author's Thread: viewtopic.php?t=13258
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Like others, I was drawn to UC because it was something different. I always root for couples who I think have great chemistry but the writers would never put together. (Couch Sarkney, Clex, cough) But I found myself drifting certain ways because the chemistry was just there. Like L/Mi, L/Z, K/I, etc.

I've also written a story about two characters that never even spoke, Liz/Khivar. Most people probably think that I'm completely insane for writing that story but to me, the timeline that I put that story in made it possible. It was when Max and Liz were enemies, they were at each others' throats. So why couldn't she then go to his other enemy? Not to mention the whole thought in my head that you're only the bad guy if you're on the other side.

Well now I'm rambling so much that I don't think I'm making sense so I'll crawl back in my hole.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Does any one know of any good Viper fics-Isabel/Kivar?
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Why do I like UC,hmmmm? Mostly I like the confrontation it brings when whomever the 'normal' CC counterparts are finds out about the new romance and the sparks it brings.

Like if Alex and Maria get together I like seeing Michael and Isabel either getting angry or feeling regret that they let the person they love get away.

On the other side 'what if' is a very addictive phrase. So why not see what might have happened had say Liz stayed in Florida with her aunt and Max and Maria's new friendship had evolved into something more serious Or what if something HAD started between the two after Alex comforted Maria in the back of the Crashdown locker room after the whole Michael/Courntey thing.

It opens a new huge world to Roswell fanfiction.
gnrkrystle
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by gnrkrystle »

i have to say, it is nice when Characters get what they deserve in a sense...i write mostly Maria fics...and part of the reason that i like writting her with other people is because for a very long time, Michael didn't derserve her. Yes, he changed, but there was a long while that he was a first class prick to her, adn he deserved to have to see he with someone else...lol but that is just PART of the reason
Check out my Author's Thread: viewtopic.php?t=13258