True Bluer ~ Alex/Liz

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

No idea about the True Blue name.
ladygloria
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: True Bluer ~ Alex/Liz

Post by ladygloria »

lol, it always makes me think of that Madonna song....

but you know, very few shipper names make sense to me....
Polarattraction.net: Where there are 820 reasons and counting to envy Michael Guerin....
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

This ship's name always annoyed me. It doesn't make any sense to me, much like GZ.
it's better to rise than fade away.
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

I couldn't sleep last night and so I got up and watched "Blood Brothers" and "Heatwave"---I was needing some Alex, obviously! :lol: :D Anyway, I was reminded once again of how great Alex and Liz are together and I thought I'd come see if anyone's been here lately. I know I personally haven't been here in a while, sadly. Anyway, I had a thought and wanted to know what you all thought. Actually it's more of an idea for a fanfic but I can't write so if someone wants to take the idea and run with it--go for it! :) Anyway, you know how Liz says that she will never lie to Alex again when they're in jail? What if, instead of Maria, she calls Alex after the Future Max fiasco and tells him instead? What with the entire Grant thing and Liz not being able to be with Max coupled with the fact that the 2 of them (A/L) are the only ones who know this secret they could become closer..ahem--CLOSER! ya know? Man! Now I REALLY want to read that fic!! lol :lol:
SW :mrgreen:
I want an Alien Blast! <3
KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KiaraAlexisKlay »

Oh, I've always loved the Alex/Liz friendship and I always thought that there might have been something there, maybe not something, but perhaps the potential for something if that makes any sense.

And in my SPN crossover, I had a definite Liz/Alex leaning although it was unrequited on Liz's part. that's how I always thought of Alex/Liz....that they'd been such good friends they didn't realize that they had gone from friends to something more, not lovers yet but definitely not just friends and certainly not familial.

And if I didn't have so much on my plate right now, I'd write that fic. I've already taken flac for the Alex/Liz hints in one story, why not be full blown?

Even though True Blue is not my all time fave UC pairing (sorry I'm a polar girl at heart, followed by a close awakened dreamer second, and jumper third) I've always been fond of it and they just sort of click don't they?

//////////////////////

Damn it, now I have that idea stuck in my head! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

banner made by RoswellOracle!
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

Yeah I wish I could write because I REALLY want to read that fic from my idea too! LOL :)
I want an Alien Blast! <3
Vael
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Vael »

KiaraAlexisKlay wrote:Oh, I've always loved the Alex/Liz friendship and I always thought that there might have been something there, maybe not something, but perhaps the potential for something if that makes any sense.
It makes absolute sense, i wish they had of explored or hinted at it a little.
Alex is sooooooo much better for Liz than Max :lol:
Never read an exploration of A/L in the romantic sense, only A/L i've read are smut pieces :oops:

KiaraAlexisKlay Would you mind telling me the name of the SPN with A/L leanings?

Anyway, you know how Liz says that she will never lie to Alex again when they're in jail? What if, instead of Maria, she calls Alex after the Future Max fiasco and tells him instead? What with the entire Grant thing and Liz not being able to be with Max coupled with the fact that the 2 of them (A/L) are the only ones who know this secret they could become closer..ahem--CLOSER! ya know? Man! Now I REALLY want to read that fic!! lol
:lol: oh i like your line of thought :twisted:
Everyone thinks i'm a liar, well i'm a lot of things, i'm a astronaut, i'm a basketball player, i'm the president of the universe with a 14 inch cock!! But i'm not a liar.

If we're all gonna shout out what we're thinking, i've been thinking about paying a prostitute to shove bowling pins up my ass

Captain Hero
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Thought you guys might like to see this banner I made for my True Bluer fic:

And the story, if you haven't seen it already, you can find over here: http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 40&t=13683

:)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

What comes to my mind is the saying 'you're a true blue friend' .I think Alex and Liz were true friends to each other through the show so that's where they're ship name might come from.
Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

While I am primarily a Polarist I do like reading the rarer UC pairings and Alex/Liz is one of my favorite secondary pairings, but darn is it hard to find any out there! And sadly most of them are kind of short :-( I just read ChrisKen's Make It True and enjoyed it very much, now working my way through your other fics :D and I went to read sixpacchics story but the link didn't work :(

I definitely think we need more and while I don't have time for another full length fic right now I think I might start trying to inspire myself for a oneshot, or maybe even a 2-3 parter, just to add some variety to my all MI/L writing :lol:

And Sarah Whitman I absolutely LOVE your idea, gosh, if I had time for another long fic I would so write that...so now we must find someone to write it because I want to read it!

And K you know I love all of your stuff but if, after more AB crosses, you decided to write some A/L, well, that would totally make my day, and you know your SPN cross with A/L leanings? Supernatural has ways of bringing people back from the dead, I'm just saying :wink: could be a way to get the muse flowing again and get us some A/L romance :D

Whimsicality's Fics

There was nothing more she wanted to do than crawl back into bed, wrap herself in Michael, and spend the day trading kisses and learning what made him sigh, what made his breath catch, what made him purr in the back of his throat. - Liz in Hunted by Ashita

Polar Attraction - Not just for Polarists...