Bordersinsanity wrote:Since I had to edit so many threads lately just a recap of a few rules. If I have to edit your post, it'll be a strike... get three and you'll be suspended for forty-eight hours. Got it? Good.
Here are the rules:
This is a small graphic image that displays below your name in posts.
- Image can be no larger than 150 x150 pixels.
- File size can be no more than 144 KB.
- Animations in avatars are allowed.
Award winners may post their banners on the first page of their story, but only the first page. If you win an award and want to thank your readers, rather than posting the banners in your "thank you" post, direct them to the first post of your fic.
FANFIC COVER ART
- Award banners from other boards are allowed as long as they meet the size regulations below.
- Banners may be no larger than 550 x 500 (width by height). That size is the largest size that will not distort screen width or requiring scrolling down to view the entire thing.
We have a lot of very talented fan artists on the board who create cover art for the fan fictions. Since there are a lot of them, we’ve created regulations to how they will be posted and what size they can be. Any fic violating these standards will be edited by a mod.
OTHER IMAGES WITHIN POSTS
- Cover art may ONLY be posted in the first post of a story and the first part after the banner has been created.
- The art may ONLY BE POSTED TWICE within the story. Any additional postings of the arts will be deleted from the post.
- Cover art may be no larger than 550 x 500 (width by height). That size is the largest size that will not distort screen width or requiring scrolling down to view the entire thing.
Please use your discretion here. If you find a picture that you wish to share and it is too large, you can post a link to it and describe the picture. And please, keep the pictures related to the board and keep them to a minimum.
- No more than 2 images may be included in a post. Any additional images will be deleted.
- Images may be no larger than 550 x 500 (width by height). That size is the largest size that will not distort screen width or requiring scrolling down to view the entire thing.
- Animations are not allowed in posts unless posted in the multimedia section.
There are strict restrictions on anything besides words allowed in signatures. Any users violating this will have their pictures deleted from their signature and will receive a strike. See the Three Strikes Rule.
There is only room for 350 characters in the signature area and that includes all spaces and returns. If your signature is more than the allotted amount, the signature will not be saved and will default back to the original message that was last saved.
THREE STRIKES RULE
- Pictures must be kept to a size that is less than a calculated area total of 90,000 pixels (multiplying the two numbers together).
(Example: a picture sized 300x300 pixels is fine. 350x250 is also fine. 300 x 350 would exceed a calculated area of 90,000 pixels and would therefore, not be allowed.)
- Even if the area is within regulations, if the picture(s) distorts the board width, it will be deleted. Meaning images can be no wider than 550 pixels.
- If you have multiple pictures, their combined size must be within the calculated area of total of 90,000 pixels.
(Example: You have a picture that is 150x150 = 22500 pixels and another that is 300x100 = 30000 pixels. The combined total of calculated area is 52500 pixels and is within the limits.)
- Animations are not allowed as part of a signature.
Any violations of regulations that require moderator intervention will count as a strike against the user. You will be told you are receiving a strike.
- If a user gets three strikes for the same violation, their account will be suspended for 48 hours.
- If after a user's account is reinstated, they continue to violate that same regulation, the suspensions will continue until after the tenth strike.
- Once a user receives ten strikes, their account will be cancelled. So please take note when you are notified of a violation. It is not a joking matter and can result in losing your account on the board.
- Don't do it, we won't tolerate it. If you do it's a strike. See the example of the WRONG & RIGHT WAYS below.
The WRONG WAYShiesty23, I LOVE!!! THIS ONE!! That would make such a cool banner for an Antarian story.Shiesty23 wrote:
The RIGHT WAYSEE THE DIFFERENCE? DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND DON'T GET A STRIKE.http://people.delphiforums.com/LUNA96/001004.jpg
Shiesty23, wow, wonderful work. I love the king and queen one.