Signature Banners

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Signature Banners

Post by Itzstacie »

We seem to be having an issue with over the limit signature banners lately. Posting a friendly reminder to follow the rules or we will ask you to remove the banners.
Bordersinsanity wrote:Since I had to edit so many posts on other threads, just a recap of a few rules. If I have to edit your post, it'll be a strike... get three and you'll be suspended for forty-eight hours. Got it? Good.

Here are the rules:

SIGNATURES
There are strict restrictions on anything besides words allowed in signatures. Any users violating this will have their pictures deleted from their signature and will receive a strike. See the Three Strikes Rule.

There is only room for 350 characters in the signature area and that includes all spaces and returns. If your signature is more than the allotted amount, the signature will not be saved and will default back to the original message that was last saved.
  • Pictures must be kept to a size that is less than a calculated area total of 90,000 pixels (multiplying the two numbers together).
    (Example: a picture sized 300x300 pixels is fine. 350x250 is also fine. 300 x 350 would exceed a calculated area of 90,000 pixels and would therefore, not be allowed.)
  • Even if the area is within regulations, if the picture(s) distorts the board width, it will be deleted. Meaning images can be no wider than 550 pixels.
  • If you have multiple pictures, their combined size must be within the calculated area of total of 90,000 pixels.
    (Example: You have a picture that is 150x150 = 22500 pixels and another that is 300x100 = 30000 pixels. The combined total of calculated area is 52500 pixels and is within the limits.)

• Animations are not allowed as part of a signature.
THREE STRIKES RULE
Any violations of regulations that require moderator intervention will count as a strike against the user. You will be told you are receiving a strike.
  • If a user gets three strikes for the same violation, their account will be suspended for 48 hours.
  • If after a user's account is reinstated, they continue to violate that same regulation, the suspensions will continue until after the tenth strike.
  • Once a user receives ten strikes, their account will be cancelled. So please take note when you are notified of a violation. It is not a joking matter and can result in losing your account on the board.
QUOTING IMAGES
  • Don't do it, we won't tolerate it. If you do it's a strike. See the example of the WRONG & RIGHT WAYS below.

The WRONG WAY
Guest wrote:Image
I LOVE!!! THIS ONE!!
You rock!! :wink:

The RIGHT WAY
SEE THE DIFFERENCE? DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND DON'T GET A STRIKE.
Also just some general artist code rules that mots follow for using anything that someone makes you:
  • Upload to your own image server if you use something someone made you. The artists don't have unlimited space and their servers get full easily.
  • If you want anything changed, just ask nicely and most artists will be happy to comply.
  • Don't go and edit it yourself without asking the artist first. Some people take that as an insult.
  • Credit the artist who made it for you. They took their time to make it, you gotta give them some credit, right?
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Signature Banners

Post by Cocogurl »

1. Hi, I was wondering if someone could make me a Roswell banner. I'd like for it to have a dark blue background with Max and Liz at the center of it, Michael and Maria on the left and Alex and Isabel on right. And at the top, I'd like it to say Roswell and at the bottom it says, "The world changed because a boy loved a girl."

If someone could make that for me, I'd really appreciate it. :D

Taken
Last edited by Cocogurl on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Signature Banners

Post by DreamerLaure »

Cocogurl wrote:1. Hi, I was wondering if someone could make me a Roswell banner. I'd like for it to have a dark blue background with Max and Liz at the center of it, Michael and Maria on the left and Alex and Isabel on right. And at the top, I'd like it to say Roswell and at the bottom it says, "The world changed because a boy loved a girl."

If someone could make that for me, I'd really appreciate it. :D
I'll take it, :)
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy