Friendship

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Stefuh
Addicted Roswellian

Friendship

Post by Stefuh »

I was wondering if friendship stories should be put in UC or not?
For exemple, if someone wrote a Liz and Maria friendship story or a Maria and Max one, would it still fit in CC/AU or not?
Sorry if that's a dumb question!
Stargazer's Delight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Friendship

Post by Stargazer's Delight »

I don't see a need for it to be put in UC category if it's a friendship piece.

If the friendship has undertones of a possible romance between an unconventional pairing without pairing them up, then maybe i'd class as Abyss material. If it's a friendship with a dark subject i would maybe class in abyss, but AU would be fine to.

If using a Canon starting point then Canon would be fine, no matter who the friendship is between. I have read a few CC where Max/Maria have developed a friendship during the time between s1 & s2.

If based outside of Canon then AU would be most likely. Alternate universe is where i have read most unconventional friendship explorations such as Michael/Liz and Max/Maria or Liz/Serena.

I'd like to read a good Max/Alex friendship fic one day.

But no, i would see no reason to label it as UC, maybe bracket it as (friendship) beside the possible pairing.
Stefuh
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Friendship

Post by Stefuh »

Thank you! :) I haven't seen much friendship stories here, so that's why I was wondering.
It's true that a Max and Alex friendship fic would be nice to read!