Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Movie discussions

Post by killjoy »

Well I'll more than likely go see this new Friday the 13. :roll:

Don't get me wrong I love a good scary horror movie...I grew up watching them...but now a days all the horror movie are all gore an no story.It's like they think if they just show bloody real looking death scenes than that'll make up for the fact thier movie has no story or plot. :roll:
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

CandyDreamQueen wrote:
Heavenli24 wrote:
RosDude wrote:Okay the two movies I really want to see are Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. When I first heard what Slumdog Millionaire was about I was like...what? really? But I've heard nothing but good thinks and the trailer looks really good. And a lot of people have told me that Benjamin Button was awesome. But SM is only playing at one place where I live, and BB is playing at crappy times that I can't go to.

~Chad~
Slumdog Millionaire is the best film I've seen in a long time :D !!

I can't believe it only has limited release in the US - it's just won 5 Critics' Choice awards, 4 Golden Globes, 7 BAFTAs (of the 11 it was nominated for) and is nominated for 10 Oscars, yet only a small proportion of the US public are able to go and see it :(. I don't live in a massive city (population here is about 400,000), but there are 5 cinemas showing the movie within a 5-mile radius of my apartment, with several showings per day at each theatre!!
OMG I really want to see this movie too!! Chad we should so go do that next weekend!!!

My husband borrowed his friend's bootleg copy of Slumdog Millionaire. I have to admit that I didn't want to watch it but my husband begged me to. And I'm glad he did. It was so good. Luckily it was a decent copy. Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend it.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Alright so I had to talk about this.

I went to see G.I Joe opening night, and it was f**king awesome! First off let me start by saying that if you don’t like action movies chances are you aint gonna like this. It was action on top of action on top of more action from start to finish, but unlike some action movies, it had a story that actually made sense.

I have to say one of the things that I liked best about it was actually the casting. The Joes and villains all had awesome character dynamic. At first I was kind of worried that Channing Tatum was way too pretty boy to be a good Duke, but he actually did a good job. Although I think he could have had a better scar. But my favorite characters were definitely Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. Storm Shadow first because his white suits were just f-ing Bad ass.

Anyway I would say that the biggest complaint that I had with the movie was some of the names. I know they are the names of the show, and I realize they were code names and not the character’s actual names, but they seem really silly on actual people. But it’s a minor complaint and something I can easily get past. Also at first the movie did a good job of not seeming too cartoonish but near the end it got a little cartoony. But again, it’s only a minor complaint.

But over all I really enjoyed the story. Even if you’ve never seen the cartoon or never read the comic it’s still pretty easy to follow. But if you can, I suggest that you go and see it with someone that has or else you might miss the catch phrases and relevance of some of the stuff. I liked that even though it wrapped up pretty well, it was definitely left open for a continuation of the series. Also the fact that the title of the movie has a subtitle implies that this is the first in a series.

All in all this was a really great movie that I thoroughly enjoyed, and I look forward to seeing more of them.

~Chad~
Christmasnazi
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Christmasnazi »

Orphan: Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry creepy! You'll never look at adoption the same way again lol

Perfect Getaway: This movie blew me away! It was AWESOME from start to finish!

District 9: NOT your typical alien movie! Peter Jackson is a movie making GOD!
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

I've seen a lot of movies this year

My Bloody Valentine 3D
Friday the 13th
Haunting in Connecticut
Night at the museum 2
Monsters Vs Aliens 3D
(with my little sister)
The Proposal
Transformers 2: Revenge of the fallen
The Final Destination 3D

Jeez where did all that money go lol :lol:

The Final Destination 3D is over gory. :? Great effects and somewhat a little funny but kinda predictable because most of them chose to ignore the warnings and get killed anyway. The Esculater scene was so gory so to speak and the ending was too gory that they had to use skeletons apparently.

Lol, me and my friend only went to see that because it was 3D. :lol:

And now I wanna watch

District 9
G.I. Joe
The Fourth Kind

New Moon.

Has anyone noticed a lot of alien films are coming out?
spacegirl23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by spacegirl23 »

The last movie I saw at the cinema was Up! Really really good! :D

I have not seen, but would wanna see the following:

G.I. Joe (Thanks to Chad's recommendation!)
The Time Traveler's Wife
500 Days of Summer
The Ugly Truth
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I saw New Moon last night and was pretty pleased with it. The special effects were much better than Twilight's. I didn't like the ending, though, and I couldn't help but laugh at Alice's vision of Bella.

I was surprised at how many guys were in attendance. The audience was relatively quiet compared to last year when I saw the midnight screening of Twilight. I was prepared for screams when Edward came on the screen, but there were none. However, there were a few screams when Jacob first appeared with his shirt off, along with the rest of the wolf pack. It definitely was a pleasant sight.

I think most surprising to me, being Tead Edward and all, was the fact that my twin boys and daughter liked Jacob waaaayy better than Edward. As soon as we left, my daughter claimed Team Jacob and the boys said they liked him better than Edward. Apparently, they didn't like Edward because he was boring and got beat up :lol: .
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

behrlyliz wrote:I didn't like the ending, though, and I couldn't help but laugh at Alice's vision of Bella.
I saw New Moon yesterday too. I have to say I hated the ending plus I also felt like laughing at Alice's vision of Bella when Bella and Edward were running through the woods (how cheesy is that? LOL) :lol:

We had to line up to get in the screen room but lucky for me I was at the front. Everyone kept going Awww to Edward and Bella scenes. :roll: I was happy when Jacob came on screen. And bella is like "You're sort of beautiful" when he takes off his top :lol:

I'm not sure if I wanna see Eclipse or Breaking Dawn. And Poor Jacob when Alice insults him in Bella's house. I wished he smacked her one.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

You know as a guy all of this Twilight stuff is kind of funny to me :lol: Not the movie....if that's what the women like than more power too you :lol: .....but what's cracking me up is how MANY times here and other places I've heard women talking about the guy taking his shirt off :lol:

You ladies sound just as bad as us guys talking about some movie only becuase some 'hot' woman showing off her body :lol: :lol:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:You know as a guy all of this Twilight stuff is kind of funny to me :lol: Not the movie....if that's what the women like than more power too you :lol: .....but what's cracking me up is how MANY times here and other places I've heard women talking about the guy taking his shirt off :lol:

You ladies sound just as bad as us guys talking about some movie only becuase some 'hot' woman showing off her body :lol: :lol:
ROFL I was just going to post something about being pleasantly surprised by Planet of the Apes and I see this. I'll let you in on a secret. We're just as bad if not worse. After I Robot came out on DVD I bought it right away and my best friend was over and we turn it on and before the movie even starts we're on a trip about how hot Will Smith is and then before the scene even plays we're off on the shower scene. Then there's the episode of X-Files with David Duchovny in the speedo, women and not me cause I was way toooo young at the time but I heard stories of women who actually recorded the episode and then would pause it to try to figure out which way it hung.