MySpace

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

POM

Post by POM »

Does anyone else Myspace? :lol: :?:
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

All righty, I've got some questions for y'all. I saw this thing on Dateline about pedophiles and creepy SOB's who prey on kids on MySpace. Seeing as how I no longer fit into the "kid" cateagory, I think I'm safe in that aspect but I hate the idea of the stalkers and whatnot that prey on innocent girls on MySpace. Granted, I don't fit into the "innocent" cateagory anymore either :P , but I think y'all get my point. I already have a Xanga and my sister keeps trying to get me to set up a MySpace account, but I think that I'm understandably leery. So, I guess what I'm asking y'all is what do you think the risk factor is? On a scale of one to ten...do you think it's safe, and if so should I set up an account?

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Here's what I think. I have mine set to Private, and I only accept Friend Requests from people I actually know. I don't have a picture of me as my profile pic, I don't tell anyone my last name, street address, etc. It just depends on how young your sister is and how gullible she may be. I'd say if she's under 13, set the site up for her and give her some guidelines. I've had very silly little 13 year olds start talking to me, and they're willing to give away a lot of information. And sure, I'm not a threat to them, but they don't know that. I worry about kids like that.

I really don't think Myspace is as awful as it's been made out to be, but I do think people should be careful when using it.
Last edited by maxandliz4ever1357 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

as long as you're careful, it's not that bad. honestly, the worst thing i've encountered was this guy in his 30's who messaged me saying he thought i was cute and wanted to talk to me. he was pretty creepy. i checked his profile (not that i was going to reply) and it said he was married and his wife was cool with his wandering, and he liked late teens early 20's women. i rechecked it a week later and he was a single dad 10 years younger. so there are creeps on there, you just have to ignore them.
<center>Image</center>
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Well...I'll give it some thought. Thanks guys! :D

-Sarah

i checked his profile (not that i was going to reply) and it said he was married and his wife was cool with his wandering, and he liked late teens early 20's women. i rechecked it a week later and he was a single dad 10 years younger. so there are creeps on there, you just have to ignore them.
That is so fucked up! Eeewww!

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
POM

Post by POM »

I don't take Myspace seriously at all! :lol: I mean I'm 23 yrs. Old and engaged so my profile is open to everyone--mainly just for Roswell fans, I only accept people who are Roswell fans and love the show other wise I don't add them. I check it maybe once a week--but that's about all.

If you want to be careful with this...use common sense and dont be all personal on the page and post everything about yourself, and block users if you aren't comfortable with them.

Mine is open to everyone--but then again I'm not talking with Each and everyone of them telling them stuff about myself, it mainly consists about 'Roswell' If it is personal it's with family members or one friend that I have on there from a different board :)

But other than that it's just mainly Role Play :P

<3 Erica
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

I just signed up for an account: http://www.myspace.com/fehrbaby
POM

Post by POM »

Hey Fehrbaby,

Welcome to the dreamer world :lol: Just wanted to let you know that I've added you to my page...you'll see it, It's the one all Dreamered out!! :D

<3 POM
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

Cool. Thanks, I accepted. Duh, as if I wouldn't accept you. :)
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

:roll:
Last edited by dreamer19 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.