survey regarding cheating

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: survey regarding cheating

Post by killjoy »

Ok I'll try this

what if your age group?
[ ] 12 - 17
[ ] 18 - 25
[X] 26 - 31
[ ] over

what is your gender?
[X ] male
[ ] female

has your boyfriend or girlfriend ever cheated on you?
[X] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

have you ever been the 'other' person in the relationship cheating with someone else's boyfriend or girlfriend?
[ ] yes
[X] no
[ ] was not aware

are your parents divorced?
[ ] yes
[X] no

if so, was it because of infidelity issues?
[NA] yes
[NA] no
[NA] unsure

would you ever just 'forgive and forget' if your partner strayed?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[X] unsure

which would hurt more?
[ ] your partner goes out on a date with someone else that he or she is very attracted to while in a relationship with you
[X] your partner has a one-night stand with someone else that he or she is not serious about

what do you think causes infidelity?
[ ] lack of communication in the relationship
[ ] attraction to someone else while still attracted to his or her partner
[ ] family patterns (ie. divorced parents, abuse, etc.)
[ ] temptations
[X] other (please specify):Because of a person's lack of character and not being truly committed to their relationship

do you think the internet has provided another way for cheating because it is more secretive?
[X] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

if you suspected your boyfriend or girlfriend of cheating on you, would you:
[X] follow them to confirm your suspicion
[ ] confront them with your doubts
[ ] not say anything
[ ] wouldn't know what you would do

if your partner did stray, would you want to hear all the details of the affair?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[X] unsure

in your opinion, who tends to cheat more?
[X] males
[ ] females
[ ] both

while married, do you think couples counselling or marriage education classes would prevent infidelity?
[X] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

if it healthier for parents to stay together despite cheating on each other because they have children?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[X] unsure

in which scenario, who do you think is more likely to cheat while the married couple is going through a rough time in their relationship?
[ ] the wife has a very close relationship with her best male friend
[X] the husband is working with a beautiful woman

do you think the betrayed person in the failed relationship is less likely to cheat after the experience?
[ ] yes
[X] no
[ ] unsure

is the betrayed person justified if they cheat on someone else because they have been cheated on themselves?
[ ] yes
[X] no
[ ] unsure

children with parents who cheated and are divorced, are they more likely to have trust issues with the opposite sex?
[X] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

do you agree with the phrase, 'once a cheater, always a cheater'?
[ ] yes
[X] no
[ ] unsure

do you think the media has played a part in encouraging flings?
[X] yes
[ ] no

do you think it's true that there is a double standard regarding this topic? if the guy cheats, he's hot stuff because he can have more than one girl but if the girl cheats, she's a tramp.
[X] yes
[ ] no

has the cheating rate increased over the years?
[X] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

if the individual was drunk and cheated on his or her girlfriend, is it easier to forgive?
[ ] yes
[X] no
[ ] unsure

are you in a serious relationship right now?
[ ] yes
[X] no

if so, do you ever doubt your girlfriend or boyfriend's faithfulness?
[NA] yes
[NA] no
[NA] prefer not to answer

if there is a secret affair, is it likely to ocme out in the open eventually?
[X] yes
[ ] no

do you think that if there was a guaranteed way for no one to find out about affairs, would more people cheat?
[X] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

do you think it's ok to cheat?
[ ] yes
[X] no
Zevrillion
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zevrillion »

what if your age group?
[ ] 12 - 17
[x] 18 - 25
[ ] 26 - 31
[ ] over

what is your gender?
[x] male
[ ] female

has your boyfriend or girlfriend ever cheated on you?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

have you ever been the 'other' person in the relationship cheating with someone else's boyfriend or girlfriend?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[ ] was not aware

are your parents divorced?
[ ] yes
[x] no

if so, was it because of infidelity issues?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

would you ever just 'forgive and forget' if your partner strayed?
[ ] yes
[x] no
[ ] unsure

which would hurt more?
[ ] your partner goes out on a date with someone else that he or she is very attracted to while in a relationship with you
[x] your partner has a one-night stand with someone else that he or she is not serious about

what do you think causes infidelity?
[ ] lack of communication in the relationship
[ ] attraction to someone else while still attracted to his or her partner
[ ] family patterns (ie. divorced parents, abuse, etc.)
[ ] temptations
[ ] other (please specify):
/* Humans as a species are a big failure. 90% of every action a human do is an action to further oneself in one way or another. Be it an emotional reward or an economical, we are as a species is unable to do anything for someone else.

I seriously don’t understand people who cheat. Forget about the person you cheat. Do you want to look back at your life when you get older and see a loser with no honour? Well I don’t.

Maybe I am prisoner of my morals like Kierkegaard’s philosophies say, but better than the opposite if you ask me. But without morals, what are we; empty shells, controlled by chemical and biological reaction.

Maybe that didn’t make much sense, but oh well. On with the survey. */

do you think the internet has provided another way for cheating because it is more secretive?
[x] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

if you suspected your boyfriend or girlfriend of cheating on you, would you:
[ ] follow them to confirm your suspicion
[ ] confront them with your doubts
[x] not say anything
/*and wait until I knew more about what might have happened, and then confront my partner.*/
[ ] wouldn't know what you would do

if your partner did stray, would you want to hear all the details of the affair?
[ ] yes
[x] no
[ ] unsure

in your opinion, who tends to cheat more?
[ ] males
[ ] females
[x] both

while married, do you think couples counselling or marriage education classes would prevent infidelity?
[x] yes
/*but the relationship have usually deteriorated to much by then.*/
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

if it healthier for parents to stay together despite cheating on each other because they have children?
[ ] yes
[x] no
/*it's better to break up when the children are young. The emotional damage to the child increases the older they get in a period of (1 --> 15) years. I don’t have any research to back it up, I believe so anyway. */
[ ] unsure

in which scenario, who do you think is more likely to cheat while the married couple is going through a rough time in their relationship?
[x] the wife has a very close relationship with her best male friend
[ ] the husband is working with a beautiful woman

do you think the betrayed person in the failed relationship is less likely to cheat after the experience?
[ ] yes
[x] no
/* I read some time ago that victims of violent crimes have a higher risk to become criminals themselves comparing to those who weren't victims. There is a difference between cheating and crime, but the psychological effect on the victim are quite similar. */
[ ] unsure

is the betrayed person justified if they cheat on someone else because they have been cheated on themselves?
[ ] yes
[x] no
/* They are hopefully adults and not little children. So sandbox behaviour is not OK. */
[ ] unsure

children with parents who cheated and are divorced, are they more likely to have trust issues with the opposite sex?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[x] unsure
/* Depends completely on how the parents handle the situation. But cheating sure as hell doesn’t make anything better. */

do you agree with the phrase, 'once a cheater, always a cheater'?
[x] yes
/* but that phrase can be used on everything. */
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

do you think the media has played a part in encouraging flings?
[x] yes
/* Man kind was domed the day more people watched Reality TV than the news. */
[ ] no

do you think it's true that there is a double standard regarding this topic? if the guy cheats, he's hot stuff because he can have more than one girl but if the girl cheats, she's a tramp.
[ ] yes
[x] no

has the cheating rate increased over the years?
[x] yes
[ ] no
[ ] unsure

if the individual was drunk and cheated on his or her girlfriend, is it easier to forgive?
[ ] yes
[x] no
/* I hate people who defend themselves with the argument that they were drunk. If you know you can’t handle yourself when you are drunk, then you know what the consequences might be. I might understand better if it was the first time you are drunk, but it’s no excuse. */
[ ] unsure

are you in a serious relationship right now?
[ ] yes
[x] no

if so, do you ever doubt your girlfriend or boyfriend's faithfulness?
[ ] yes
[ ] no
[ ] prefer not to answer

if there is a secret affair, is it likely to ocme out in the open eventually?
[x] yes
[ ] no

do you think that if there was a guaranteed way for no one to find out about affairs, would more people cheat?
[ ] yes
[x] no
[ ] unsure

do you think it's ok to cheat?
[ ] yes
[x] no

You have wasted 2 seconds of your life reading this sig.