Shows You Are Currently Addicted To

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

morethenwords122
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Shows You Are Currently Addicted To

Post by morethenwords122 »

Yeah, I would love to see Stiles and Lydia together too... but the way things are going I don't think that they'll be getting together any time soon or Ever :( but I'm not one of those shippers that doesn't like my ship with anybody but each other.

I have valid reasons for not liking Malia, just from what I've seen so far in 3b and some of clips I've seen of season 4. I just think she's a horrible girlfriend for Stiles... That doesn't mean that I don't like her. I Just don't like her with Stiles.

But I'm not gonna lie... I could get behind Lydia and Parrish :D I think they could be cute.
I hurt myself today/To see if I still feel- (Hurt, Johnny Cash)

My Fics

(My Tumblr)

Ao3 Account
morethenwords122
Addicted Roswellian

Post by morethenwords122 »

I recently watched 'From Dusk Til Dawn: The Series' on Netflix and loved it :D

I was extremely skeptical especially since the movie is one of my all time favorites but I was pleasantly surprised that the acting was actually good and original, expect the actor who plays Seth... he kind of does a lot of George Clooney impersonations in my opinion, and despite the fact that it does use some recycled plot points but it' also gives use of new info that we didn't get in the movie as well as creative use of flashbacks.

I especially loved the chemistry between Zane Holtz and Madison Davenport (Richie and Kate, who were my least favorite characters in the movie)... I loved how their interactions were build on different ground than in the movie. I also loved how everybody's interactions were built on entirely new ground and lead them to different paths than the movie did.

Anyone else seen this show?
I hurt myself today/To see if I still feel- (Hurt, Johnny Cash)

My Fics

(My Tumblr)

Ao3 Account
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

Just got hooked on "Game of Thrones", watched all four seasons in two days LOL. Can't wait for season 5 to start.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

Itzstacie wrote:Just got hooked on "Game of Thrones", watched all four seasons in two days LOL. Can't wait for season 5 to start.
lol I did the same thing, could not stop once I started, love it to pieces, cannot wait for more!

Show's that I'm dying to come back that I think are just perfection:
Hannibal
Penny Dreadful
American Horror Story
True Detective
House of Cards
Game of Thrones
Teen Wolf

Currently loving : Gotham, 12 Monkey's, Togetherness, Banshee, Better Call Saul, The Walking Dead

Biggest disappointment: Constantine, :( One of my favorite all time movies, and they completely destroyed it. When I first heard they were making this into a TV show I was beside myself, so friggin excited, within the first five minutes of watching it I wanted to go to the people responsible for this piece of crap and beat them to death with a big stick.
They literally took everything that was great about the movie and changed it, the acting is beyond over the top cheesy, just embarrassing. The story lines ugh... horrible, lazy ...just crap,crap,crap.

Another disappointment: The Affair, I actually love this, but I cannot get past the lead actor who plays Noah, everyone else is just perfect, but I cannot stand this man. Just my opinion, but I really loath this actor, its hard for me to even watch him on screen. I loved flawed characters, the woman who plays Alison, is so brilliant, but to me there is nothing likable about the actor who plays Noah, visually, talent wise. He just ruins this show for me, to the point where I stopped watching.

One show that I will really miss that is gone now: The Killing
Although I am so grateful that Netflix picked up the last season. They gave us the ending we'd never thought we'd see, what a surprise, beautiful! Sarah and Holder, so belonged together, those two characters will always be favorites of mine. The last scene had me just dying inside, amazing actors.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

morethenwords122 wrote:I recently watched 'From Dusk Til Dawn: The Series' on Netflix and loved it

I was extremely skeptical especially since the movie is one of my all time favorites but I was pleasantly surprised that the acting was actually good and original, expect the actor who plays Seth... he kind of does a lot of George Clooney impersonations in my opinion, and despite the fact that it does use some recycled plot points but it' also gives use of new info that we didn't get in the movie as well as creative use of flashbacks.

I especially loved the chemistry between Zane Holtz and Madison Davenport (Richie and Kate, who were my least favorite characters in the movie)... I loved how their interactions were build on different ground than in the movie. I also loved how everybody's interactions were built on entirely new ground and lead them to different paths than the movie did.

Anyone else seen this show?

I watched this a few months ago...
Honestly I was avoiding it because I couldn't possibly see how they could give that movie justice, or/more importantly recreate those characters.
Wow was I stunned, that first episode could've been a little movie, It was just awesome! I loved the actor's portrayal of Richie, omg, he was just amazing! That scene when they meet, the 'pool' scene, wow just so good. I agree, he brings so much more to the role, than in the movie.
I agree with your comments about the actor who plays Seth too, I was just really so surprised, those two actors just floored me.
You're not the only one, I loved it too!

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, State of Affairs, Gold Rush :lol: , Orange is the new black.

Occasionally Sleepy Hollow, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Glee because its the final season. Outlander...if they bring it back, I haven't looked into it in awhile (hmmmm)
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

AlysLuv wrote:Outlander...if they bring it back, I haven't looked into it in awhile (hmmmm)
Outlander comes back on April 4th!

I've got my DVR set to record it as I will be away on a cruise during that week and the next. It's the second half of the 1st season and it's already been picked up for a second.

I can't wait!!!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Nice! I'll have to set my DVR too. Thanks! And I've recently fell in love with Shameless but I'm only on season 3 of 5 so far 8) hilarious.
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

lizandzackfan
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizandzackfan »

The Whispers is pretty good! Love Milo in this.

Hannibal is awesome and I hope it gets picked up by Netflix.

Mistresses hasn't been what I expected this season with Alyssa Milano leaving the show
Thanks to precariousem for my sig banner.
Check out my site.
http://writersfanfiction.darkbb.com/index.htm