Pet Peeves

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Pet Peeves

Post by RiceKrispy »

A nice little topic to gripe about things that piss you off.

Here's one of mine:
People who use shyness as an excuse for rudeness.

My boyfriend and I did our best friend the biggest favor (even though we shouldn't have, because he didn't really ask, he just tried to manipulate us into going) and went with him to a party in San Diego, 2 hours away. It was his friend's 21st birthday party and apparently she "really wanted to meet us." We knew this was bull and the only reason she said that was because our friend probably told her the only way he can go is if we bring him there, but we decided to be good sports for his benefit because he really wanted to go. So when we got there, my boyfriend immediately says hi, but the girl ignores us and decides to jump all over our friend and says hi to us as an afterthought while we go in the house.

Apparently she's supposed to be "shy" and she has a hard time meeting new people. To which I could only scoff.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
Wench On A Leash
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Wench On A Leash »

RiceKrispy wrote:Here's one of mine:
People who use shyness as an excuse for rudeness.
That pisses me off too. I know this guy, he's more of an acquaintance though. But the few times I (or my friend) has seen him around and we've said hi, he just doesn't respond. Lol. We'll be like "Oh hey, how's it going?" And he'll just run along as if he hasn't heard us. It's like, wow, thanks for acknowledging me.

And, I was at work and this one guy was trying to punch in for his shift. I said "Good morning." No response. Said "How are you?" No response. Didn't even look at me. Then he walked upstairs. Rude much? Seriously.

I'm pretty shy, but I at least have the courtesy to say hi to people. And respond when spoken to/acknowledged.

But other than that, one of my major pet peeves are people who don't use turn signals. Ugh, so frustrating. I go as far as using my hand to signal out the window if my turn signal isn't working. So when people just zoom on into my lane without any indication whatsoever I get so pissed. :x
Michael: It's like we finish each other's...
Lindsay: Sandwiches?
Michael: Sentences. Why would I say...
Michael: That time I was going to say sandwiches.
-Arrested Development
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

People who smoke and think it's ok to just fling their finished butts onto the ground and just leave them there like it's not littering :roll:

Smokers can say what they want to about how they're treated badly and all of that....but I don't feel sorry for them because they bring everything down on themselves.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

killjoy, I'm in total agreement with you there. If someone chooses to smoke, it's his or her prerogative. My main pet peeve is the second-hand smoke. About a month ago, I was sitting outside in the grass on my campus, and some guy walked right by me and swung his stinky cigarette right in my face. I just can't breathe in smoke like that, and I shouldn't have to.

No offense meant to any smokers out there. I understand that it is a hard-to-overcome addiction. I just don't want my own lungs polluted. :)

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

My mom AND my dad smoke. So I can't stand it when people smoke. But I especially can't stand people who don't care whether they smoke around children.
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by simplyshiny »

Pet Peeve?
My Aunt and Uncle.
Aunt said I'd never get a husband cause I hold my fork wrong (this was at a practically abandoned Cracker Barrel, in god-knows-where North Carolina, some place off the highway with just a motel, gas station and this restaurant, eating chicken fingers with a toothless waitress)
Uncle said I needed to lose weight before my sisters wedding because Im getting a little fat.

Also...People who use you, people who are cruel to animals, and oddly enough, people who use umbrellas when its hardly raining.
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Mamma Mia! Michael and Maria!
Watch my Candy Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D719jj_1eg
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
http://www.ovarian.org/
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

Pet Peeve?
My Aunt and Uncle.
LOL! Sounds kind of like my whole family. My uncle used to call me Abu because he said I look like a monkey. My grandma called me a couple weeks ago to ask me what's wrong with my face and why it's so ugly. Not an exaggeration, those were her exact words. I'm at that point where I just ignore everything the woman says.

Another of my wonderful pet peeves: Infidelity.
Why not just break up with them if you're that unhappy? For example, my boyfriend and his brother are polar opposites. One way in which they dramatically differ is the fact that my boyfriend doesn't believe in cheating, and my boyfriend's brother is a serial... hook-upper. So my boyfriend and his brother still live with their dad (hell, if my parents were as chill as their dad, I'd want to live at home where I don't have to pay rent too) and boyfriend's brother's girlfriend lives in the house also. So boyfriend's brother and girlfriend have a friend from work over for a few hours to watch a game of some sort. The friend (who happens to be a girl) is leaving, and I'm playing with my bunnies on the floor and I look out the window of my boyfriend's room, and I see his brother kissing the girl. Or at least I think I do. I thought maybe I was just seeing things, because it's kind of dark (though it's not news to me that the douche cheats on all his girlfriends). That is until a little bit later when I look at my boyfriend, who is looking out the window with a look of disgust on his face and announces that his brother is making out with her now. And all the while, the girlfriend is just watching TV in their room. I'm completely appalled that he's achieved a whole new level of asshole by making out with someone while his girlfriend is 30 feet away. I feel bad for his girlfriend, but it's not really my place to tell her that her boyfriend is a cheating jackass (the guy actually has a very scary temper), especially if it could cause tension in the family ("Why is your stupid girlfriend telling my girlfriend lies?").

Just cut the cord and call it over. God.
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by simplyshiny »

stupid people in relationships period are a pet peeve.
Take my ex-best friend for example. Boyfriend breaks up with her the day after she threatens to kill herself (she did a lot but w/e) over text message, while she was at work, then proceeds to ask her for sex, even though he knows she already felt guilty for loosing her virginity, she says no, he tries to come over and do it anyway, few weeks later, she gets back together with him and gets mad at me for not liking him...go figure
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Mamma Mia! Michael and Maria!
Watch my Candy Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D719jj_1eg
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
http://www.ovarian.org/
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

When you get behind someone driving and they're talking on their cell phone.They get so into talking on the phone that they speed up.....and than slow down.....speed up....and than slow down.Not to mention they're weeving over to there and than back over to the other side.Not only are they dangerous it's not that hard to multi task and talk and drive at the sametime people! :roll:
Wench On A Leash
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Wench On A Leash »

killjoy wrote:When you get behind someone driving and they're talking on their cell phone.They get so into talking on the phone that they speed up.....and than slow down.....speed up....and than slow down.Not to mention they're weeving over to there and than back over to the other side.Not only are they dangerous it's not that hard to multi task and talk and drive at the sametime people!
Yeah, that's annoying. My boyfriend actually saw a chick playing Sodoku while driving. He was wondering why the car in the next lane kept swerving around like crazy, and then at the stop light looked over. Her eyes kept shifting from the road to the book, and she'd be scribbling down her answers. He decided to get far, far away from her when the light turned green.

Come to think of it, most of my pet peeves come from driving/other drivers. Seriously. I hardly ever swear, but if you were a passenger in my car and you hardly knew me, you'd totally think I have tourettes.

Here's another pet peeve: customers. Customers on cell phones piss me off and especially customers who don't believe you piss me off.

For example, I used to work in the Box Office of a movie theatre. If a film was sold out, the customer would be like "Are you serious?" No, I'm lying to you. I just don't want you to see the movie. Or... my favorite. I tell them, "I'm sorry, we don't take that coupon." They ask me if I'm sure. Yes, I'm sure. Then they proceed to ask for a manager because I have to be wrong.

Or, how about this one. I get promoted to the equivalent of an assistant manager. Some woman comes along with a free pass. The expiration date is coming up and I tell her that it doesn't make a difference, we don't even look at the expiration dates. After a bunch of "Are you sures?" and "Well, why is there an expiration date on it anyway?" I tell her that I'm sure, give her my full name and title, and tell her that she can use it at any branch of the theatre. She looks at me really confused and goes "Well, can you just give me another one?" Deciding I don't want to put up with her anymore, I take her pass away and go through the other passes, hoping that they have expired dates on them, but none of them did. I hand her the new pass, and she looks at it and goes "Good, I still have some time to use it." As she starts walking out, I say "But, as I said, it never expires. You can use it 5 years from now!"

Grr, I hate people... er, customers.
Michael: It's like we finish each other's...
Michael: Sentences. Why would I say...
Michael: That time I was going to say sandwiches.
-Arrested Development