The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by Earth2Mama »

FYI people ... I only said this to get my parents off my back. I do have some bi-curiousness though ... :lol:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Earth2Mama wrote:FYI people ... I only said this to get my parents off my back. I do have some bi-curiousness though ... :lol:
LOL I totally thought you were serious because you wrote something about artificial insemination like a week ago. I'm so glad that my parents stay off my back, then again they both live in other states. Makes my life so much more peaceful. Now to move away from my in-laws, now that would be heaven. They don't really butt into our lives, anymore. They're all just crazy.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:
Earth2Mama wrote:FYI people ... I only said this to get my parents off my back. I do have some bi-curiousness though ... :lol:
LOL I totally thought you were serious because you wrote something about artificial insemination like a week ago. I'm so glad that my parents stay off my back, then again they both live in other states. Makes my life so much more peaceful. Now to move away from my in-laws, now that would be heaven. They don't really butt into our lives, anymore. They're all just crazy.
LOL I wish I had the nerve to do it, however if men here in NYC continue to act like dicks ... I may just go ahead and follow thru on it. Afterall, I have done the research :D

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Men in Washington aren't much better. Then again all Washingtonian's have a tendency to be snobby. Then again my only experience with a New York man ended in disaster as well. Men are just dicks no matter where they live. Sorry guys. :wink:
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

killjoy wrote:
SidneyAce wrote:
Earth2Mama wrote: I used to get that ALL the time. Finally, I just got so fed up of hearing it, I announced to one and all that I had bi-curious feelings and while I wasn't exactly sure I was a lesbian, I couldn't nor deny that was a total heterosexual either.

Since then, my family has left me alone. Well, until recently ... then I dropped another bomb -

My appointment to visit a sperm bank for insemination is scheduled for July 15th, 2010 at 11 a.m.

Needless to say, they've left me alone, once again :mrgreen:
All i have to say is WOW!!! You're the master!
I don't know :lol: :lol: maybe I'm just being immature...or a guy.....or maybe those two things go hand in hand....but the fact you used the word MASTER....in the same thing with the word sperm bank had me LMAO :lol:
Ok, my experience is no matter what you say in this forum, it end up sounding "dirty" somehow. :roll:

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:Men in Washington aren't much better. Then again all Washingtonian's have a tendency to be snobby. Then again my only experience with a New York man ended in disaster as well. Men are just dicks no matter where they live. Sorry guys. :wink:
O.k. I'm seriously starting to consider it. I've definitely know since I was young that I didn't want to get married - I have no desire to. My parents are old school and very old fashioned - sex after marriage, children after marriage.

Nevermind that neither one of them adhered to this ... but that's potatoes and patotoes. :roll:

Of course, "their" children must to do better than them. LMAO Yeah, riiiiiight.

OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

Earth2Mama wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:Men in Washington aren't much better. Then again all Washingtonian's have a tendency to be snobby. Then again my only experience with a New York man ended in disaster as well. Men are just dicks no matter where they live. Sorry guys. :wink:
O.k. I'm seriously starting to consider it. I've definitely know since I was young that I didn't want to get married - I have no desire to. My parents are old school and very old fashioned - sex after marriage, children after marriage.

Nevermind that neither one of them adhered to this ... but that's potatoes and patotoes. :roll:

Parents rarely practice what they preach, in my experience. :roll:

I think we're in similar camps, El. At this point, I'm pretty sure it's just not something that's going to happen (that being said, neither of us is friggin' ancient or anything :roll: ). If it happens, great. If not, that's okay too. I may have a kid one day, I may not. I may adopt a bunch. What do I know? I'd rather figure out who I basically am, what I value, and spend the time alone than get married to someone just for security. (And I am speaking strictly about myself here - I make no assumptions about anyone else or their choices regarding marriage.) I'm very strong willed and private and I value my personal space. (I'm a big proponent of the personal bubble. I love the personal bubble. The personal bubble is my friend. The personal bubble is everyone's friend. Respect the personal bubble.)

And I like sex. Sex rocks. And I refuse to wait just in case I might be married, just to have that. No thank you.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

OrangeSky wrote:
Earth2Mama wrote:O.k. I'm seriously starting to consider it. I've definitely know since I was young that I didn't want to get married - I have no desire to. My parents are old school and very old fashioned - sex after marriage, children after marriage.

Parents rarely practice what they preach, in my experience. :roll:

I think we're in similar camps, El. At this point, I'm pretty sure it's just not something that's going to happen (that being said, neither of us is friggin' ancient or anything :roll: ). If it happens, great. If not, that's okay too. I may have a kid one day, I may not. I may adopt a bunch. What do I know? I'd rather figure out who I basically am, what I value, and spend the time alone than get married to someone just for security. (And I am speaking strictly about myself here - I make no assumptions about anyone else or their choices regarding marriage.) I'm very strong willed and private and I value my personal space. (I'm a big proponent of the personal bubble. I love the personal bubble. The personal bubble is my friend. The personal bubble is everyone's friend. Respect the personal bubble.)

And I like sex. Sex rocks. And I refuse to wait just in case I might be married, just to have that. No thank you.
Oh I definitely get you with the personal space. I was such a loner when I was a pre-teen all throughout my teen years and beyond. My room was my own little private sanctuary. I could literally live in it. However, my parents began to worry I was antisocial. That wasn't the case, I just was trying to avoid someone (which is difficult when you live in the same house) and my room was the only place I could escape to that was my own (Reasoning is a long ass story and if you want to know the details, PM me as I'm not comfortable sharing them on an open forum).

I've been on my own since I was 21, paying my own rent and I love it. I come and go as I please, I do whatever the hell I want and answer to no one. I'm not against marriage - just for me. If you can make that commitment, that's great. Just don't treat the institution as a mockery - like some celebrities are doing. You should not get married because it's "in fashion" or "everyone else is doing it, why not me". If you go into it for those reasons, it's no wonder the divorce rate is at an all time high. I take marriage seriously. Since I seriously have commitment issues, I've avoided it like the plague and that works fine for me. People are using divorce as a band aid to fix what they "feel" or "think" is wrong with their relationships. One minute they're married and toting on the happiness, then next a wrench gets thrown their way and they want a quick out. That's just ... so friggin' wrong!

I'd love to adopt a child. I would totally do it in a heart beat as well, I just don't know if my salary would allow me to. But, it's always something to think about, just in case I can't have a child of my own. There are children out there that need good homes and people to love 'em. And ... I've got A LOT of love to give to a child.

Sex! I was wondering if this topic would ever come up :lol: I waited until I was nearly in my late 20's to loose my virginity (I'm not kidding either), because of the old fashioned church "values" my parents instilled in me. I learned however, you can't please anyone but yourself. And you shouldn't be made to either. You do what is right for you. And as long as you don't hurt anyone else, then anything you do ... is a-O.k.

Oh goodness, it's been so long, I swear I'm a born again virgin :roll: I've been in such a drought, I am in serious need of someone who will flood my fields and pronto! I miss sex ... :cry:

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Hey I'm not a dick!....or at least I try not to be :shock:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:
Hey I'm not a dick!....or at least I try not to be :shock:
Awww I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better my opinion on women is no better, in fact it's probably worse. You know I'm just going to shut up before everyone hates me. Oh and I am including myself in that women statement.