The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by valentinebaby »

I don't know if it'll work for you but I told my mom I was going to delete my fb cause she kept getting offended by some of the stuff I said, so I finally told her I was going to delete it if she kept it up, and she shut up real fast.

Thanks KJ, I'm trying.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:I don't know if it'll work for you but I told my mom I was going to delete my fb cause she kept getting offended by some of the stuff I said, so I finally told her I was going to delete it if she kept it up, and she shut up real fast.

Thanks KJ, I'm trying.
LOL See, I'm not going to do that. If you can't take the heat ... stay out of the kitchen. Or better yet, is your conscious feeling gulity there, ma?

And I'm the one being immature? :roll: Whatever!

I did contemplate closing it, but why should I? Besides, all my really important stuff ... I'll post that to my livejournal.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

All I wanna do is take a shower, get dressed, and walked the dog. Instead I'm fighting with my toddler over nap time, considering this is the first day in 4 days that I actually feel like a normal non medicated person, you'd think that I should be allowed to do them.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

So I come home from school and my boyfriend is in the living room with his friend playing video games... That didn't bug me until they got pizza and decided NOT to even offer me a slice! I would've said no anyways but they didn't offer.

THEN... my mom compares me to our next door neighbor who is granted the same age as me BUT she is on welfare, married with a 2 year old, doesn't go to school, doesn't seem to have any life goals like her husband who is 23!, oh and she's STILL married and pregnant by some other dude! I'm not ghetto nor do I live in a "trashy trailer park." I have no idea why my mom told me this girl is better than me!

Seriously, I feel disgusted with myself right now... Even at 25 it should NOT feel like I am not good enough. FML!!!!!!!!!!!!
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Roswellian117 wrote:So I come home from school and my boyfriend is in the living room with his friend playing video games... That didn't bug me until they got pizza and decided NOT to even offer me a slice! I would've said no anyways but they didn't offer.

THEN... my mom compares me to our next door neighbor who is granted the same age as me BUT she is on welfare, married with a 2 year old, doesn't go to school, doesn't seem to have any life goals like her husband who is 23!, oh and she's STILL married and pregnant by some other dude! I'm not ghetto nor do I live in a "trashy trailer park." I have no idea why my mom told me this girl is better than me!

Seriously, I feel disgusted with myself right now... Even at 25 it should NOT feel like I am not good enough. FML!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vanessa - I think your mother should get together with my mother and throw themselves a "How to Alienate My Daughter" party. Doesn't it hurt though to have them think so little of your life and what you've accomplished?

I've all but divorced my mother at this point. She calls and talks to me and I just sit there and listen, not having much to say. And until she says the words I want to hear - it's gonna always be like that.

Sorry you are going thru this ... but know that you are not alone. {{{hugs}}}
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

I'm like you guys. My mother doesn't think i'm good enough, never did. Even though many parents would kill for a girl like me. My mother once asked me to get braces because the girl she compares me to got braces. That example just to give you a hint of how crazy it's been. But i grew up and learned that i'm good enough no matter who says what. Anyways i created a distance between my mom and myself. But one day i was lying in my bed and i pictured my world without her and i was surprised that i didn't want a world without a mom even with all the judgement. No matter what, she's the only mom i got. Don't get me wrong, she still drives me craaaaaaazy but you know,better than nothing.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well if it makes you feel any better I think all three of you are great! :mrgreen:
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

My mom is a total young mom! LOL... She's 43. She was 18 when she had me... Which is funny because I have no idea how she even had sex seeing as my grandpa is a controling, old school mexican, mr. strict man! LOL!!

I once imagined what it would feel like to lose my mom and I broke down crying. Losing anyone in my family would devestate me. As much as my mom and I don't get along I still love her with my whole heart and I know she loves me too!!

Even tho she bought my 18 yr old sister a car! LOL!! I might be 25 but the sibling rivalry is most likly here to stay. LOL.

KJ thanks!!! Thanks guys period :)
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

No matter how old we get,no matter how many years have passed since high school and no matter how much we've changed I still think a part of us will still be how ever we were in high school! And that part is buried deep down in us just waiting to come out at the worst time.

I was a hybrid back in high school...not an alien one mind you :lol: .....but I was a big shy nerd.I read ten times more books than I ever did go on dates or parties.I couldn't talk to a girl to save my life and had ONE date in high school.The only saving grace I had was the fact I was a BIG guy...to big to get picked on and who also played on the football team for a school that was all about it's football team.So I was a weird hybrid of nerd/jock.No one knew which group I fell into :lol:

We of course had our 'Isabel' as all schools do.I thought I was madly in love with her but I know now it was just teenage boy lust....but I was madly in it whichever one it was :lol: I of course was no where near her status and was lucky to get a 'hey how are you?' from her in passing in the halls.

I ran into her today and it's the first time I've seen her since we graduated years ago.I was hoping to be cool and older or smooth looking.But of course as soon as she got close and started talking to me that nerdy high schooler busted out and I looked like a moron :lol: :roll: :oops:
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Killjoy: how can you be a nerd and a jock at the same time is beyond me!! :roll: But i get the awkward feeling with the 'Isabel" gal. Been there.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz