The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by April »

Iowa almost lost yesterday, too! :shock: They pulled it off, though, thank God, within the last two seconds of the game. What a thriller. I love that team. Bama had a close call, too!
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Okay over my pity party and had to come back and edit this and get rid of it :oops:
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

My boyfriend and I adopted a kitten from the animal shelter less than 2 weeks ago. She was okay except for some diarrhea, which we are currently treating. Then she started sneezing and it turns out she has a respiratory infection so we gave her medicine for that. Luckily, both medicines cost like $20 total, and the visits were free because my bf works there. And she was acting normal, so we were happy that she was basically pretty healthy.

But then today, she was hiding from us (I don't know if it's common knowledge that cats and dogs go away and hide to die) and looking really lethargic. My bf picked her up and she was almost limp and he would drop her lightly onto the bed and she would just lay there and no even try to get up. So my bf took her back to work with him after his lunch, and I'm hoping that our kitten doesn't die.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Oh, fuck. Iowa lost. I'm so pissed. If Bama doesn't beat LSU, I don't know what I'm going to do.

I think I'm about to give up on football and just watch . . . horse-racing or something. :roll:

ETA: Oh, thank God, I just heard Bama won. Thank God. Now if only my Huskers would upset Oklahoma tonight. That's so unlikely, but I'll hope.

ETA 2: OMFG, Nebraska WON! We upset Oklahoma! I'm so freakin' thrilled right now! I'm gonna go run across campus. Oh my god!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Usually I come in here and complain about nonsense. Not today.

I don't understand why people have to get old and die. Right now, my grandmother's health is deteriorating rapidly. She has been like a second parent to me my whole life since my dad's never been around. Her kidneys haven't been functioning well for years, and she's had serious problems before, but she's always seemed to miraculously overcome them. This time . . . this might be it, though. I just don't know what I'm going to do without her. She's one of my best friends. Too much has already changed this year for me. First moving, now this. I'm not giving up hope completely, but . . . I'm just trying to prepare myself. I don't want her to stick around just to suffer like she is now. She can't even talk or take care of herself. My grandma's a talker. Things have just gotten really bad really quickly.

To make matters worst, I have a huge test tomorrow night. :(

The one bright spot in my life right now is that the Huskers won the game today. But that only helps a little bit.

Oh, goodness, I just needed to get all this out there. Sorry for being such a downer.

-April
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

Thursday some 19 year old kid hit on. While he was texting and driving. Don't they tell you not to do that!
- Amanda
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

WTH. I just moved into my apartment in June and apparently the seals in like all the windows are bad. So my sills are like wet every day. Last night it got to 23 degrees and I went to go outside to get a bottle of water off my balcony and my screen door is frozen shut. I woke up this morning still wanting my bottle and of course it's still frozen. I can't even find my hair dryer to try to warm it up and all I want is one little bottle of water!!!
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

I understand how you feel April. First off - {{{HUGS}}}

This year started off really shitty for me and has only gone downhill since then. In February, I lost my G-Ma to cancer :cry: She was the best person I knew, my conscious at times, and also my surrogate parent in that she helped my mother (before my Pops came into our life) to raise me and my brothers (my father was absent in someway, shape or form during my childhood - more about that later). Whenever I thought of doing something that went against the grain of how I was raised, it was always her voice in my head that I heard guiding me. I miss her so much! I don't even recognize my family anymore. We're scattered all over the country and don't seem to be able to reach out to one another. It's sad ... cause I feel like that thread that held us together just snapped and flew away when she died.

Two months later, another bombshell - my brother, after years of neglect on my father's part, decided to confront him about his behavior. I think it stemmed from the fact that just recently my brother has become a father himself and needed closure? I don't know, but for what ever reason, a confrontation happened and it left my father passed out on the street ... after my brother punch him in face. My brother explained to me it was due to his lack of honesty with what happened (evidently, my brother has been looking to other sources for confirmation about things he's been remembering from the past) and also from my father's lack of remorse on how he was just not a father to either of us in any way. I was invited by him to have a discussion with them both on the matter, but being me ... I decided not to. It's not that I don't have my own issues with my father (which will probably come up later in my life and I'll have to deal with them), but I just didn't want to rock my world at that time. G-Ma's death was still too fresh in my head and heart. I only know I wasn't ready to deal with anything else at that moment. So here as it now sits, A STRAIN in whatever type of relationship we've had with our Dad. It just makes me ... angry, confused, and all I seem to do is lament over it. At the same time, I also just don't seem to care either.

Two months ago, my step father (who I consider more my father than the biological one mentioned above) lost his Dad ... my honorary Gramps. Never have I seen my Pops (as I call him) cry as he did. It was such a difficult time, especially for my mom (G-Ma was her mother) to try to help him with his grief. In the end, we've managed somehow. But it's still hard to talk about Gramps and G-Ma and not get sucked back into the sadness.

Last month, I lost my 31 year old cousin to cancer. I know ... WTF, right? Ugh! I hate this year in my life. If it wasn't one thing, it was something else. I'm quite ready for it just to be over and done with, but then ... there are the anniversaries of their deaths that will come up and ... I just don't know how what to do or how to feel about anything anymore!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Hugs back to you, Ellie. Things can only get better from here, right?

Okay, so I just saw that Imeem is now a part of MySpace, and I am pretty damn pissed. A minor complaint, but still worthy of a post in this thread. Is my account just gone? Playlists and everything? Poo!
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Someone broke into my car and stole a bunch of CDs and took my kid's car seat.

I shit you not!

A baby car seat!

Who the uckfey takes a car seat?

I'm pissed. Not so much about the CDs (there's always itoons for that) as I am about the damn car seat.

~Chad~