The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by OrangeSky »

valentinebaby wrote:
killjoy wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:Men in Washington aren't much better. Then again all Washingtonian's have a tendency to be snobby. Then again my only experience with a New York man ended in disaster as well. Men are just dicks no matter where they live. Sorry guys. :wink:
Hey I'm not a dick!....or at least I try not to be :shock:
Awww I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better my opinion on women is no better, in fact it's probably worse. You know I'm just going to shut up before everyone hates me. Oh and I am including myself in that women statement.
Or you hate yourself. :lol:

It's an unfortunate truth that the good guys and girls of the world get screwed over, and they really don't deserve it. I have a 16 year old cousin (male), and he's a really, really great guy and none of the girls his age really get that, because they're all so focused on the "bad boy" type. (That being said, I will admit to always having a bit of a soft spot for the bad boy...I think in some ways, most girls do. :lol: ) They just don't appreciate him, and I keep telling him to hang in there, because they will. And it's true, they will, but it feels like forever to him now.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

That is so true Alli. Tell your cousin that eventually, the bad boy's loose their luster and girls will eventually start looking in his direction.

I did have a bad boy thing as well, but after three failed relationships with bad boys, I'm just looking for a guy who will treat me with the respect I deserve.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I had to buy a new baby gate yesterday, and I get it home and normally I'm not allowed to assemble anything, it's kind of a rule at my house cause I get frustrated, but I'm like it's a gate it's going to be easy. So I go to open the box and I end up getting one of those nasty deep cardboard cuts. It still freaking hurts. I think I'm going to follow the rule from now on my poor little thumb.
juliecollard87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by juliecollard87 »

valentinebaby wrote:I had to buy a new baby gate yesterday, and I get it home and normally I'm not allowed to assemble anything, it's kind of a rule at my house cause I get frustrated, but I'm like it's a gate it's going to be easy. So I go to open the box and I end up getting one of those nasty deep cardboard cuts. It still freaking hurts. I think I'm going to follow the rule from now on my poor little thumb.
haha my husband has the same rule that and I never finish what I start because I have so many other things to do.
My Fics

The List

Unplanned Mistakes

"you can always go back to your soulmate thats what makes them your soulmate" Cappie from Greek
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well sadly I'm one of those guys who put stuff together but than when cleaning up finds a bolt or a screw laying there.I'll pick it up and go "Uhhh where was this thing supposed to have gone?" But seeing how the thing is working and/or standing I just shrug and go "Ohh well"
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:Well sadly I'm one of those guys who put stuff together but than when cleaning up finds a bolt or a screw laying there.I'll pick it up and go "Uhhh where was this thing supposed to have gone?" But seeing how the thing is working and/or standing I just shrug and go "Ohh well"
LOL I think that's a conspiracy. They either always give you too much or not enough so you're left going ummmm.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Okay so kind of a complaint kinda funny. After I got the baby gate the other day I let my son play with my wallet. I took out my ID so he wouldn't lose it again, already learned my lesson on that one. So anyways tonight I ask hubby to buy me home ciggs on the way home. He gets out of work calls me up and tells me I have the debit card, so I go searching for it, remembering that I gave Aiden my wallet. I move the couch, make hubby lift up my very heavy entertainment center. And it's nowhere. So somehow I manage to find $8.25 and he's about to go to the store for me, but on a whim decides to check my wallet one last time. Not there. So he opens up the bill fold, and not only finds the debit card, but also the credit card. Now I'm wondering to myself if his 2 year old mind actually realized the mayhem that would ensue by putting them in a place we would have never thought to look for them.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ohhh I've been thru that :roll:

I've got THREE nephews....the youngest just turned two.Him...and the other two when they were younger could grab something and hide it better than anyone I ever saw.We'd be walking around going "What in the hell did he do with the remote to the tv?!"

And on the flip side...they can also find stuff too! My nephew will come in the room with something in his hand and I'll go "Where did you find that!? I've been looking for that since......" :lol:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

So the past three days have sucked big time, and I'm angry, upset, and feeling a bit of self loathing. Actually I shouldn't say they all sucked today was okay but I'll start at the beginning.

2 days ago-I decided to walk across the street to 7/11 for a soda and a slurpee. Aiden hasn't had one of his own before so I figure he'll enjoy it. So we get back and I realize that I have a bag with 2 2 liters, 2 slurpees, a stroller, and a 2 year old and I live on the second floor. When I lived at my last apartment we had a few stairs and I could get away with taking the stroller up them backwards so I figure, maybe I can do that this time. I get half way up the first set of stairs and realize there's no way this is going to happen, but I'm halfway up have like one more stair to go and I'll be done. As I have this thought I get the stroller to the top and feel it start falling to the side, so I shift the weight so that the stroller will stand up and I end up falling scraping my leg up, but then the stroller falls anyways. Aiden starts crying. I unstrap him, pick him up and hold him to me and notice he's got a dime size scrape on his forehead. And I feel like the worlds worst mom.

Oh oh but wait it gets better.

Yesterday-My son is driving the dog nuts, running him over with his trike, running him over with his little push car, trying to ride him, so I put the dog out. The dog doesn't deserve it and nothing I'm doing is getting Aiden to stop. My husband wakes up, sees the dog outside and despite my protests let him in. Aiden's being good so I figure whatever maybe they'll be fine. And I get caught up in ordering pizza on my laptop, hubby right beside me picking out toppings, then I hear the dog freak, I can tell by the noise that he's nipped at him and I get up and run to my son. The dog didn't just nip at him, he bit him and drew blood. Luckily it wasn't bad enough to require in emergency room visit. I honestly don't think the dog meant to draw blood I think he was just trying to get Aiden to back off. But it's on his eyebrow, I can't clean it, he's crying, I'm crying. And now the kid looks like he was in a freaking car accident. My husband tries to reassure me by telling me that his nephew's had far worse injuries. Doesn't help. And of course I really feel like a bad mom because it was my idea to get the damn dog.

So today was of course milder, but still enough to let me know that I will never have this mom thing completely handled. I go outside for a smoke, and I'm almost done, he's moved away from the sliding door, and he's really quiet, but I figure he's probably fine, and I'll be done in a sec and I can go double check. In fact I'm guessing he's in his room. I finish my cigarette come in and in the three minutes that he's disappeared from the doors he has gotten the vaseline from on top of the buffet, and completely coated his head in the stuff. Five shampoos later, and his hair is still greasy.

All this and it's only Wednesday. And I've gotta ask myself what's next???
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I give up on dating.
- Amanda