People who bug you

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Re: People who bug you

Post by RosDude »

Wench On A Leash wrote:
I was at a party, and I kept overhearing this woman say, "I'm a doctor." Which was amusing, 'cause most of the people there were doctors anyway. It didn't bother me so much until about the fifth time she mentioned it and told this story about not getting the parking space she wanted. (I think she's a pediatrician) She said she got out of the car, said something to the man who took her spot along the lines of, "Is there a problem with your kid or something 'cause I'll fix it if there is. I'm a doctor! And you just took my parking spot."
This story reminds me of some people who bug me.

People who steal your parking spot!!! :x

So this past weekend I went to the movies with my wife (to see what movie I won't reveal as I am embarrassed enough by the fact that we actually went to see this, and even more so by the fact that I really liked it) The place was packed so we had to circle around before we found someone that was leaving. So we wait there for a super long time while the guy takes his sweet sweet time getting his ass in the car, meanwhile we're kind of blocking the lane so there is a pile backing up in front of us.

Finally, the guy gets in his car, but we have to back up to let him out of the spot so we do. Anyway we let the guy back out, and we let the cars that were backing up move on down the lane. So while we're doing this, some douche face in the back of the line takes our spot instead of passing by. I was so fucking pissed off, I swear I almost rammed my car into the bastard.

So after about five minutes of me blowing and cussing, Mack calms me down, and we move on is search of another spot. Lucky we find another couple leaving in an even better spot. So we wait for them to leave . THEN while we're waiting. I see this other car creeping up on the other side of the lane. So Mack's like "Go go go!" so I speed into the spot really fast before the guy can try to swipe it. HAHAHA!

The guy stated pissing and banging on his wheel, but I'm like "What? What?" And Mack is just dying beside me, so the guy moves on down the lane. The victory was small, but it was soooo delicious! :twisted:

So yeah, I hate those people.

~Chad~
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

People who don't let their sons play with barbies or their daughters play with GI Joes.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:People who don't let their sons play with barbies or their daughters play with GI Joes.
OMG ... really! Because they think the kid will become gay later in life :roll: Idiots!

I played with GI Joes, well, because I was the only girl surrounded by a bunch of boys in my family. My brothers then played with my Barbies because I made 'em since I was the only girl.

Neither of us are gay.

God, how I hate narrow minded people!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Earth2Mama wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:People who don't let their sons play with barbies or their daughters play with GI Joes.
OMG ... really! Because they think the kid will become gay later in life :roll: Idiots!

I played with GI Joes, well, because I was the only girl surrounded by a bunch of boys in my family. My brothers then played with my Barbies because I made 'em since I was the only girl.

Neither of us are gay.

When Aiden was born we went to a small community clinic. It was his first round of immunizations, and they ran out of blue bandaid's and only had pink ones, the girl was like, that's okay right, and I kind of laughed and was like it's just a bandaid. She then told me this story about how the guy before me, freaked out about it. I was just like Oh wow. It really bothers me. The thing is, I honestly don't believe it works like that, but if it does or it doesn't and Aiden ends up being gay later in life, it's not going to change anything. As long as he's happy and healthy, I don't care about anything else. But I hear about the barbie/GI Joe thing all the time, it drives me insane.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

valentinebaby wrote:
Earth2Mama wrote:

Neither of us are gay.

When Aiden was born we went to a small community clinic. It was his first round of immunizations, and they ran out of blue bandaid's and only had pink ones, the girl was like, that's okay right, and I kind of laughed and was like it's just a bandaid. She then told me this story about how the guy before me, freaked out about it. I was just like Oh wow. It really bothers me. The thing is, I honestly don't believe it works like that, but if it does or it doesn't and Aiden ends up being gay later in life, it's not going to change anything. As long as he's happy and healthy, I don't care about anything else. But I hear about the barbie/GI Joe thing all the time, it drives me insane.
I don’t consider myself closed minded. I grew up with four brothers and four sisters, so between the nine of us we had a bazillion toys, Barbies, GI Joes, and others. I would never tell my son he “couldn’t” play with Barbie, but I wouldn’t encourage him to.

I don’t think it’s a case of people thinking letting their son play with Barbie, or their daughter play with actions figures will make them homosexual. It’s just most toys are marketed as “toys for boys” and “toys for girls”, and that’s how most people see them. I’ve never seen a commercial for Barbie featuring little boys, or one for GI Joe featuring little girls. And when I go to the store looking for toys for my nephews, stopping in the Barbie aisle never crosses my mind. Same as when I’m shopping for my nieces, I don’t buy them action figures.

Also, I think things like that are a bigger deal for men than they are for women. I don’t think most men would have a problem with having a daughter who liked to play with boy toys, or was more inclined towards things that are considered “boyish”, but would have a problem with having a son who liked “girly” things. And most women probably don’t care if their son plays with dolls, or their daughter plays football. Men are different in that it’s naturally more important to them to be masculine, and perceived as manly, than it is important to women to be feminine and perceived as womanly.

So yeah, I see Barbies as “girl toys” and would probably never buy my son one. And as far as the pink bandaid thing goes...well that's just nuts, and I really wouldn't care. :lol:

~Chad~
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

As funny as this sounds when I was growing up my grandfather had a pink shirt.I was just a little kid but I had already found out that boys weren't supposed to wear pink.So I went up to him and told him he wasn't supposed to wear a pink shirt.I told him pink was a girl's color and boys don't wear it and he'll get made fun of(i was around eight or so).My grandfather just smiled,winked and than told me "It doesen't matter what guys think of it.....it matters what the women think of it."

Here I am eight years old and he's already teaching me about picking up women :lol:
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

killjoy wrote:As funny as this sounds when I was growing up my grandfather had a pink shirt.I was just a little kid but I had already found out that boys weren't supposed to wear pink.So I went up to him and told him he wasn't supposed to wear a pink shirt.I told him pink was a girl's color and boys don't wear it and he'll get made fun of(i was around eight or so).My grandfather just smiled,winked and than told me "It doesen't matter what guys think of it.....it matters what the women think of it."

Here I am eight years old and he's already teaching me about picking up women :lol:
That is the most awesome story ever! lol :lol:

~Chad~
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

RosDude wrote: So yeah, I see Barbies as “girl toys” and would probably never buy my son one. And as far as the pink bandaid thing goes...well that's just nuts, and I really wouldn't care. :lol:

~Chad~

Yeah I'm not saying I'd ever go out and buy him a barbie but if we were in the toy section and he wanted one, I'd probably buy him one.
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

RosDude wrote:I don’t think it’s a case of people thinking letting their son play with Barbie, or their daughter play with actions figures will make them homosexual. It’s just most toys are marketed as “toys for boys” and “toys for girls”, and that’s how most people see them. I’ve never seen a commercial for Barbie featuring little boys, or one for GI Joe featuring little girls. And when I go to the store looking for toys for my nephews, stopping in the Barbie aisle never crosses my mind. Same as when I’m shopping for my nieces, I don’t buy them action figures.
What a very good point! In my gender class, we discussed the fact that people are uncomfortable when people don't act like their predetermined gender. The first thing people want to know about your baby is whether it's a boy or a girl, and if you won't tell them, they start to get upset. lol.

I think a lot of the freaking out over boys playing with girl toys and girls playing with boy toys is the fact that people don't really know how to deal with that more than homosexuality. Boys are supposed to be masculine and burly or whatever, not dainty and sensitive. At least according to society's rules, not mine. My son wants to play tea party, I will sit down and tea party with him.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I cannot stand my Educational Psychology Professor (aka: Professor Fuckface) any longer. I have put up with this dumbass for the entire semester, and I'm at my breaking point with him. I'm taking my complaints about him to the Department Chair, and if that doesn't work, to the Dean. I swear, this guy . . . :roll:
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.