People who bug you

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

kismet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: People who bug you

Post by kismet »

valentinebaby wrote:
juliecollard87 wrote:
kismet wrote:My mother-in-law. I decided to quit my job for a better one and she thinks, she can nag all day long that I'm making wrong decision.

Kismet
Ah my mother-in-law how I can't count the ways she bugs me. I so know what your going through. Mine always trys to go over me with everything. She doesn't think I shouldnt be pushing manners on my two year old because she's "too young". I'm sorry but if she can talk she can say please and thank you. If it was up to her my daughter would just go around acting like a brat because she's too young to know what she's doing.
My two year old says thank you we're working on please. There's nothing wrong with teaching them early. If you teach them early it'll become automatic and you'll have a polite kid instead of one of those rude little kids that you see too many of these days.

My mother in law is thankfully absent from my life. She pops up on Christmas usually. But I hate the woman. She decided to go do drugs, stick me and my husband into raising her daughter, and then had the nerve to talk crap about the way I did things in my house and treated her daughter. I would be a seriously happy person if I never had to see any of my in laws again with the exception of my 16 year old sister in law, and that's cause she's my baby.
My son's third word was "aitäh" (it's thank you in Estonian) :) and he got pretty quickly when to use it.
My mother in law is sticking her nose in everything I do. Her house is only 1 km from the place I live in currently. I can't wait until the summer, when I and my family will move further away.

Thanks to Aprillynn
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

For the mothers who posted about teaching their kids manners:

I don't think its ever too young teach your kids manners. My mom made sure I said 'please' 'thank you' 'yes mam' and 'yes sir'. I'm now 23 years old and you can bet your butt that I still use them. It bugs me like crazy when people don't use their manners. I make sure my sister's kids know theirs.
- Amanda
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

People who break off relationships or get mad at their partner because they won't do certain things for them, but refuse to do the same thing! I know that's a little vague but...
juliecollard87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by juliecollard87 »

People who give you unwanted advice on raising your children.
My Fics

The List

Unplanned Mistakes

"you can always go back to your soulmate thats what makes them your soulmate" Cappie from Greek
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

juliecollard87 wrote:People who give you unwanted advice on raising your children.
If you know anything about the way they raise or raised their children that irritated you, bring it up in retaliation. It works sometimes.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:
juliecollard87 wrote:People who give you unwanted advice on raising your children.
If you know anything about the way they raise or raised their children that irritated you, bring it up in retaliation. It works sometimes.
How about when your in-laws suggest that they are raising your kids, just because they look after them 3x's a week. My brother is currently going thru this at the moment. He's a cop and his wife is a nurse and they work long hours.

My nephew goes to school and gets to come home with them in the evenings, by my niece is still young and so she spends 3 nights out of the week at the in-laws.

My brother got into a pretty nasty fight with them about it. Oh man ... I am just so happy that I've decided to go to a sperm bank at the end of the year if I haven't found anyone by then. Too much family drama - I don't need it, or want it.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

You know when somebody has taken the time to post feedback that's well thought out, intelligent and articulate. Then the next person comes along and quotes the feedback or replies to it with the comment 'This'.

I hate that.
Banner by Evelyn
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

tequathisy wrote:You know when somebody has taken the time to post feedback that's well thought out, intelligent and articulate. Then the next person comes along and quotes the feedback or replies to it with the comment 'This'.

I hate that.
I can understand some sections that are quoted, because to me - you are either disagree with what was written or you do agree, but add your own perspective as well (i.e. supporting opinion).
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Earth2Mama wrote:
tequathisy wrote:You know when somebody has taken the time to post feedback that's well thought out, intelligent and articulate. Then the next person comes along and quotes the feedback or replies to it with the comment 'This'.

I hate that.
I can understand some sections that are quoted, because to me - you are either disagree with what was written or you do agree, but add your own perspective as well (i.e. supporting opinion).
I agree. It's so annoying. I also hate when people douple post. Edit, people.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

People from the news who tell us something obvious and than think they're telling us BIG news :roll:

What I mean is.....okay everyone knows about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico right? Well some of it has started to wash up on the shore in Alabama.This moron news guy came out and said......"the oil balls washing up on the Alabama shores has been confirmed to have come from the oil spill....."

Well no freaking DUH!!! :roll: Where the hell else would it be coming from!!??