On Valentine’s Day…

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

On Valentine’s Day…

Post by RosDude »

What’s everyone doing for V Day? The day before is one of my friends 21st birthday so we’re throwing her a huge party Friday night. Lots of drinking games. So I don’t know if we’ll be up for anything Saturday. Frankly, I’m holidayed out. We just had Christmas. Plus my wife never tells me what she wants. She doesn’t even drop hints. But I think I got it down this year.

I made her a Valentine’s Day card with me and the stooges (our dogs) on it. Take that Hallmark! And I got her the gift to trump all gifts that I know she’s going to love. I’m talking LOVE IT!! I don’t think I have ever gotten my wife a better gift.

Wait for it…wait for it…….A teddy bear holding a heat!

Okay, kidding. I actually got her a trip to the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in Orlando. She loves Romance Novels so I know she’ll love it, and I thought it seemed appropriate for the holiday. Technically she won’t get it until April, but whatever…

But I don’t have any actual romantic plans for the evening. It’s too late to make any reservations so I was thinking maybe I’ll cook something. But that probably won’t work because chances are I’ll be really hung over that day. How do you think she’ll feel about ordering pizza?

No?

What if I cut it in the shape of a heat? lol :lol:

Sometimes I hate this holiday because there is so much pressure to be romantic. What about all the non-holiday days of the year that I’m romantic? Does it only count if it’s on February 14th?

Oh well, such is life. :roll:

~Chad~
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On Valentine’s Day…

Post by killjoy »

Well sadly for me I am once again still single on Valentine's day :roll: So I'll be doing the same thing I do every year on that day.....going into work and covering for married people who want off that day so they can take their wife out.

Yep being single sucks :roll: :twisted:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I forget now that the day comes. LOL

That is really nice of what your getting your wife. Really sweet of you.

Killjoy - don't worry your not the only single person this year.
- Amanda
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

we don't do anything special. We prefer to surprise each other with little things during the year and not on a set date
big prince Leo Alsandair Aidyn Galahad Colin 12.08.2007
little prince Robin Faramir Gawain Diarmad Finlay 18.05.2009

little princess Eowyn Morgaine Nevialani Caitlin Valerie 15.05.2012
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Thats a fantastic gift Chad... super thoughtful too.
POM

Post by POM »

On Valentines day...I'm babysitting for my sister. Watching my nieces while my sis and bother in law spend quality time together. **Yes, I'm single--but even when I had a boyfriend, we never did anything special on V-Day. Mainly because they were broke :( < Sad :| >

**Although, I'll get a box of chocolate from my Dad--he has 4 daughters, plus the wife. So, that's five women he buys for every single year. We've always gotten something from him on Valentines Day, it's one of things that he does every year--plus we're older now. But he still buys them for us. Awe, thanks Dad. :D **

Later.

<3 POM <3
:)
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

POM wrote:
**Although, I'll get a box of chocolate from my Dad--he has 4 daughters, plus the wife. So, that's five women he buys for every single year. We've always gotten something from him on Valentines Day, it's one of things that he does every year--plus we're older now. But he still buys them for us. Awe, thanks Dad. :D **

Later.

<3 POM <3
Awe my dad does that too. :D Though he is one short of your dad. Three daughters and a wife. Must be in the dad handbook.
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

I moved in with my mom and stepdad in the past month, because they live 15mins away from my school. My stepdad doesn't have kids of his own, so I thought it was really sweet that he came home from 12 hours of cop duty. Gave me a candy flowers. I also got my two fav candies peeps and kisses from my mom.
- Amanda
POM

Post by POM »

CandyDreamQueen wrote:
POM wrote:

Later.

<3 POM <3
Awe my dad does that too. :D Though he is one short of your dad. Three daughters and a wife. Must be in the dad handbook.
:lol: Must be. Now it's 3 daughters in the house. One got married off--so, I'm guessing he'll continue to do this until all of us are moved out. :) He's been doing this since we were babies, he writes a card to all of us telling us "Happy Valentines Day". He loves his girls... <3
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well I've been told I'm a tad sappy on this day.....but I won't name who told me that even if she is here on this board :P :lol: ......but I'll tell you some of my past Valentine's Day.

I don't like doing the same as everyone else...nor do I like to just buy something flashy and costly just because everyone else does.I think buying something not as costly or flashy but more romantic is better.

So I bought my than girlfriend at the time a dozen roses.Eleven white with one red one in the middle.I left a note saying like the red rose she was one in million......ohhh well I can't help it if I'm sappy...... :roll: