Celebrity deaths

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Celebrity deaths

Post by Alien_Friend »

Earth2Mama wrote:
trulov wrote:
behrbabe wrote:Whitney Houston - dead at 48

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/ ... 0M20120212

Even with all of her troubles and scandals, I still didn't believe this until I heard that her publicist
confirmed it. This is a tremendous loss to the music world. RIP Ms. Houston.
I'm so very sad right now. I was in high school when The Bodyguard came out - the movie and soundtrack were huge hits. So many memories of my teen years include her songs. RIP
Me too, Trulov ... I'm just in shock! I thought and hope that she was finally turning her life around. So sad, and such a loss and waste.

I'm ... I'm speechless.
I totally agree. I can't believe it. What a terrible loss. She definitely was a soundtrack to my childhood. She was truly an amazingly talented individual. My heart goes out to her and her family and friends. Sad day.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh yes! The bodyguard is an unforgettable film, especially her song!
She had one of the nicest voice in music business and it's always sad when it ends this way... :? :(

EVE
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
secretk
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by secretk »

Yeah, I'm in shock too. She was unique talent. I thought that she was doing better.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Davy Jones of the Monkees ( a 60's era group) dies at age 66 of a Heart Attack. :cry: R.I.P. Davy
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Donna Summer, widely considered the Queen of Disco, has died from Cancer at the age of 63 :( :cry: R.I.P. Donna! You will be missed!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

I'm still processing it La'Shon.

I remember being 3 years old and watching my mom clean the house to Donna Summer and just loving her voice.

My mom always tells the story of how I would hear her music and and I would shake me head to the beat of the music playing that my pigtails would fly.

I will miss her voice. :cry:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Robin Gibb from the 70's group the Bee Gees passed away.I believe it was lung cancer that got him.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I'm not sure it was Lung Cancer Killjoy, that's what killed Donna Summer. I read online Robin Gibb had a long battle with problems with his Intestines, his twin brother died in 2003 from some sort of Intestinal Cancer. They have a family history of Gastrontestinal (sp) issues. Such a sad loss. :( May he R.I.P.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

FSU/MSW-94 wrote:I'm not sure it was Lung Cancer Killjoy, that's what killed Donna Summer. I read online Robin Gibb had a long battle with problems with his Intestines, his twin brother died in 2003 from some sort of Intestinal Cancer. They have a family history of Gastrontestinal (sp) issues. Such a sad loss. :( May he R.I.P.
Ohh well the website I read said lung cancer...ohh well I guess that's what I get for trusting the internet! :lol:
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

killjoy wrote:
FSU/MSW-94 wrote:I'm not sure it was Lung Cancer Killjoy, that's what killed Donna Summer. I read online Robin Gibb had a long battle with problems with his Intestines, his twin brother died in 2003 from some sort of Intestinal Cancer. They have a family history of Gastrontestinal (sp) issues. Such a sad loss. :( May he R.I.P.
Ohh well the website I read said lung cancer...ohh well I guess that's what I get for trusting the internet! :lol:
It was cancer, but not lung cancer.

According to the BBC News website, he had colon cancer which had also spread to the liver.