Celebrity deaths

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Celebrity deaths

Post by killjoy »

Okay I'm going to show my age here and this may make me look like a redneck but I don't care about that.Part of my childhood died today.

Randy Poffo.....better known to us fans who watched the WWF in the 80's,as Randy Macho Man Savage...was killed in a car wreck today.As a kid of the 80's he was one of my all time fav and I can tell you when he came to my neck of the woods I was there.Macho Man knew how to put on a show which was what made him great!
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Jeff Conaway, best known for his roles in the movie 'Grease' as Kenickie Murdock of the T-Birds, and on the television series 'Taxi' playing cabbie Bobbie Wheeler, died today at an L.A. area hospital. He was 60 years old. He had a longtime battle with polysubstance dependency and was taken off life support by his family on Thursday after medical professionals informed his family he was brain dead. The Celebrity Rehab alum had been in a medically induced coma in critical condition after he was found unconscious earlier this month. R.I.P. such a sad ending for him. :(
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Just heard. So sad and tragic. And so young. :cry:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

FSU/MSW-94 wrote:Jeff Conaway, best known for his roles in the movie 'Grease' as Kenickie Murdock of the T-Birds, and on the television series 'Taxi' playing cabbie Bobbie Wheeler, died today at an L.A. area hospital. He was 60 years old. He had a longtime battle with polysubstance dependency and was taken off life support by his family on Thursday after medical professionals informed his family he was brain dead. The Celebrity Rehab alum had been in a medically induced coma in critical condition after he was found unconscious earlier this month. R.I.P. such a sad ending for him. :(

I have read it was a drug overdose....and I've read it wasn't a drug over dose but some brain injury thing....WTH happened? Ohh and on a side note...I've never seen Grease...I do know him from B5 and Taxi.As a child of the 80's you couldn't stay up late at night on Saturday without seeing Taxi on regular tv.
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I hadn't heard about Jeff Conway. Even though he was before my time a bit, I loved him in Grease and Taxi (which used to be on Nick at Nite). So sad. He'd been struggling such a long time with his addiction.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I'm guessing a lot of you here are not old enough to know who this is...hell even I only saw this tv show in reruns long after it went off....but a many of them did I watch.

But anyway......James Arness aka...Marshal Matt Dillion on the tv show Gunsmoke died in his sleep.Mr Areness held the record for the longest anyone ever played a tv character.He played Marshal Dillion for twenty straight years on tv 1955 to 1975(Kelsey Grammer tied the record decades later) In fact only the long running tv show Law and Order ran as long as Gunsmoke did!
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

CBS 60 Minutes' commentator Andy Rooney (92), Boxing great Joe Frazier (67) and Rapper Heavy D (44) all died within a few days of one another :cry: May they Rest In Peace!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
behrbabe
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrbabe »

Whitney Houston - dead at 48

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/ ... 0M20120212

Even with all of her troubles and scandals, I still didn't believe this until I heard that her publicist
confirmed it. This is a tremendous loss to the music world. RIP Ms. Houston.
My fanart/cover art rules:
1) I'm a pro freelance webdesigner so I may not be able to get the art to you overnight, fanart is free time hobby stuff.
2) I do this for free because I'm a fan first and I like to help other people. Don't take my generosity for granted or I won't do it anymore.
3) I usually charge extra for more than 3 changes, so that's the limit. A huge deal :)
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

behrbabe wrote:Whitney Houston - dead at 48

Even with all of her troubles and scandals, I still didn't believe this until I heard that her publicist
I'm so very sad right now. I was in high school when The Bodyguard came out - the movie and soundtrack were huge hits. So many memories of my teen years include her songs. RIP
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

trulov wrote:
behrbabe wrote:Whitney Houston - dead at 48

I'm so very sad right now. I was in high school when The Bodyguard came out - the movie and soundtrack were huge hits. So many memories of my teen years include her songs. RIP
Me too, Trulov ... I'm just in shock! I thought and hope that she was finally turning her life around. So sad, and such a loss and waste.

I'm ... I'm speechless.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother