Celebrity deaths

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Celebrity deaths

Post by killjoy »

Gloria Stuart best known for playing the older 'present time' Rose in the movie Titanic died at the age of 100.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

From Yahoo News:

Comedian Greg Giraldo died Wednesday following a drug overdose, TMZ reported. He was 44.

Friend and fellow comedian Jim Norton confirmed the news on his Twitter: "Greg Giraldo passed away today ... RIP, buddy."

Giraldo's death comes just days after he was hospitalized for what his management called an "accidental overdose." He was listed in critical condition afterward.

The New York native was a regular on The Howard Stern Show for years and was known for his appearances on many of Comedy Central's roasts, such as The Roast of David Hasselhoff. Earlier this year, he served as a judge on Last Comic Standing.

Giraldo, who worked as a lawyer before turning to comedy, is survived by his three children.

A representative at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, N.J., declined to comment. Giraldo's agent and manager also declined to comment.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Hollywood Legend Tony Curtis Passed away from a massive coronary at age 85. He was married to actress Janet Lee and is the father of actress Jamie Lee Curtis.

more here

Sad :(
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Part of my childhood is gone

Sadly.....Tom Bosley...known to god knows how many of us...as Mr.C the hardware store owner and dad on Happy Days has died
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Okay some of you may not be old enough to know this guy.If you grew up in the 70's you will by having watched the show when it was current....or as I did,a child of the 80's,by watching it in late night reruns back in the three channel days(before cable or dish)

But James MacArthur known as Detective Danny "Danno" Williams on "Hawaii Five-0," which aired from 1968 to 1980 died in Florida.His character was the one refered to when Steve McGarrett, the lead character played by Jack Lord, uttering what became a pop culture catch phrase: "Book 'em, Danno."

For those of you who want to recall...or too young to know who I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9M ... re=related
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

From People.com:

Jill Clayburgh Dies

By Stephen M. Silverman

Friday November 05, 2010 10:00 PM

Jill Clayburgh, who embodied hopeful and determined women in such '70s and '80s movies as An Unmarried Woman and It's My Turn, died at her Connecticut home on Friday from chronic leukemia, a disease she quietly battled for 21 years, her husband, playwright David Rabe, told The New York Times. She was 66.

Earlier this week, the couple's daughter, actress Lily Rabe, took a temporary leave of absence from the Broadway show in which she is about to open, Shakespeare's A Merchant of Venice, starring Al Pacino. A spokesperson for the show said only that it was a private family matter that caused Rabe to take leave.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

TMZ is reporting the actor Leslie Nielsen, best known for his roles in comedies such as 'Airplane' and 'Naked Gun' series has died today at a Fort Lauderdale, Fl Hospital from complications from pneumonia. His wife and friends were reportedly by his side when he passed. He was 84.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Blake Edwards, director of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', 'Pink Panther', and spouse of Julie Andrews, has died. He was 88. :cry:
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I am sad to report singing legend Teena Marie has died at the age of 54 :( Her daughter found her this morning at her home. People Magazine online reported this story. You can go there for the specifics. Teena Marie is best known for her collaborations with Rick James back in the 70's & 80's, and for her hit 'Square Biz' in the 80's. She will definitely be missed :cry: RIP Teena!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

I just heard about the shocking death of Teena Marie, :(
I loved her music growing up, "Lovergirl" is one of those classic songs that I will forever love.

She definitely will be missed.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare