How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Re: How was your day/week/weekend?

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

In my previous post in here, I mentioned that I was back to work, but you won't believe how exhausting my job is! I love the kids, there's no questioning that, but I have to be at the school (I am a volunteer, part-time) at an earlier time than what I was used to in the past.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

I just want to wish everyone luck who live on the East Coast and other areas that are going to be effected by this massive Hurricane Sandy coming our way today, tonight and tomorrow.

It was the exact time last year that we were hit with hurricane Irene, causing massive damage, floods and power outages.

I live in CT and we personally had damage to our house, fallen trees, power lines ... we were without power for ten days, and I know of people who didn't get their power back for two and a half weeks!

Its just very scary because although we don't live near the shore we are surrounded by trees, we are petrified one will fall on the house again. They said we could get up to one hundred mile an hour winds.

So everyone take care out there, they say NY, and New Jersey are getting right now very bad, my heart goes out to them, please be safe, and evacuate when they tell you to!

Let's hope we all get through this one without too much damage.

Its so strange I've lived here my entire life and have never experienced anything like this and now its been two years in a row....

Take care everyone.....

Carrie

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Yes, Carrie, I agree. I have a sister in Savannah, Georgia, several in northern Georgia (I don't think they'll be affected) and some in Florida (they're all relatives through my dad's deceased father).
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

Well the hurricane is here & we lost power & it sounds like the end of the world out there...

Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat ..

The wind sounds like its going to blow the house down...

Take care if your going through this too!

Wishing I was with Jason right about now :wink:

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

jake17 wrote:Well the hurricane is here & we lost power & it sounds like the end of the world out there...

Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat ..

The wind sounds like its going to blow the house down...

Take care if your going through this too!

Wishing I was with Jason right about now :wink:
Hi Carrie!
Hope you made it through okay. We're still without power too. No flooding this time, but LOTS of trees are down - six are laying across our street alone. Overall we were personally very lucky - no damage to the house or cars. Charging our phones in the car, burning lots of candles, and cooking over the firepit. Just sitting tight and waiting for power to turn back on.

Thinking of everyone else on the east coast - hoping you and your families are safe and healthy. Please check in when you can and let us all know how you're doing.
All my best to everyone effected by the storm. (The govenor just announced that Halloween has been rescheduled for next Mon. - the kids are relieved :D )
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

trulov wrote:Hi Carrie!Hope you made it through okay. We're still without power too. No flooding this time, but LOTS of trees are down - six are laying across our street alone. Overall we were personally very lucky - no damage to the house or cars. Charging our phones in the car, burning lots of candles, and cooking over the firepit. Just sitting tight and waiting for power to turn back on. Thinking of everyone else on the east coast - hoping you and your families are safe and healthy. Please check in when you can and let us all know how you're doing.All my best to everyone effected by the storm. (The govenor just announced that Halloween has been rescheduled for next Mon. - the kids are relieved )

Hi trulov!

So happy to hear you're ok, we got our power back today to our surprise, since last year we were without it for ten days...

We lost a lot of trees but were also so very lucky, there were a lot of houses with the sides ripped off and roofs half gone, and those poor people on the coast, NY and New Jersey, so devasting.

Besides all the stress of knowing its coming and wondering just how bad its going to be we made out fine.

As for Halloween I think we missed that message, my daughter and her friends went out trick or treating and came back with a massive loot! :D which is dangerously sitting right by me as we speak :roll: :wink:

So happy to know your ok! :)

Wishing so much that you have power soon!!

take care
Carrie :D

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ironic you know .....I work my ass off all week hoping for the weekend . Only to sit around at home bored out of my mind all weekend for having nothing to do around here.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

killjoy wrote:Ironic you know .....I work my ass off all week hoping for the weekend . Only to sit around at home bored out of my mind all weekend for having nothing to do around here.
Really? You mean you're not still celebrating Bama's victory? That was awesome.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Okay, is it possible to "feel" like you're living in the land of Roswell? Because, now I feel like I am. There are two kids in high school, but I'm unsure of their grades, and you know what their names are?! Michael and Maria! I'm not kidding, it feels like I'm in an episode of Roswell! :lol:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

CandyliciousLovah wrote:Okay, is it possible to "feel" like you're living in the land of Roswell? Because, now I feel like I am. There are two kids in high school, but I'm unsure of their grades, and you know what their names are?! Michael and Maria! I'm not kidding, it feels like I'm in an episode of Roswell! :lol:
Do they fight all the time? :lol: For me the only thing I can say is that about four years ago my cousin had a baby girl and they called her Ava :mrgreen: