How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Re: How was your day/week/weekend?

Post by RosDude »

valentinebaby wrote:So I've been on this kick of making my own beauty products lately. I started with face wash and have been researching body wash. Well the face wash is working so well and exfoliating so well that the rest of my body's been feeling a little neglected, so tonight I made myself a salt and sugar scrub. Mmmm my skin is so soft, I love it, and I gotta say it works better than anything I've ever picked up at the store, and instead of costing almost $10 for a small container, I spent $0 for a large one and it took maybe 10 minutes. Gotta say I'm loving my skin lately.
This reminds me, my wife took me to a soap store. I never realized how many freaking different soaps there were. And the whole place smelled amazing. It was like being in a candy store. There were these big blocks of soap everywhere. Some smelled like chocolate and some smelled like mint and some smelled like mint chocolate, and some smelled like bubble gum and some smelled like lemon and citrus, and I swear to god one smelled like freaking fruit loops. It was wild!

So we got the mint chocolate one and the fruit loop one and now our bathroom smells like fruit loops. And I swear every time I go in the bathroom I start sniffing the soap like I'm some type of soap junkie. I also keep showing people my bathroom and going "Doesn't it smell like fruit loops!" I think my family is starting to think I'm nuts. But you guys have to understand, it really really does smell exactly like fruit loops. It's funny because I don't even like fruit loops that much, but I totally keep buying them now.

Soooo moral of this story...I think I might be addicted to fruit loops.

~Chad~
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

LOL Hey Fruitloops are totally yum.

My problem with stuff like that soap, candles, some lip glosses. All the candy food smelling ones make me hungry and I'm like oh I could eat this, and then I remind myself of the ingredient list.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

RosDude wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:So I've been on this kick of making my own beauty products lately. I started with face wash and have been researching body wash. Well the face wash is working so well and exfoliating so well that the rest of my body's been feeling a little neglected, so tonight I made myself a salt and sugar scrub. Mmmm my skin is so soft, I love it, and I gotta say it works better than anything I've ever picked up at the store, and instead of costing almost $10 for a small container, I spent $0 for a large one and it took maybe 10 minutes. Gotta say I'm loving my skin lately.
This reminds me, my wife took me to a soap store. I never realized how many freaking different soaps there were. And the whole place smelled amazing. It was like being in a candy store. There were these big blocks of soap everywhere. Some smelled like chocolate and some smelled like mint and some smelled like mint chocolate, and some smelled like bubble gum and some smelled like lemon and citrus, and I swear to god one smelled like freaking fruit loops. It was wild!

So we got the mint chocolate one and the fruit loop one and now our bathroom smells like fruit loops. And I swear every time I go in the bathroom I start sniffing the soap like I'm some type of soap junkie. I also keep showing people my bathroom and going "Doesn't it smell like fruit loops!" I think my family is starting to think I'm nuts. But you guys have to understand, it really really does smell exactly like fruit loops. It's funny because I don't even like fruit loops that much, but I totally keep buying them now.

Soooo moral of this story...I think I might be addicted to fruit loops.

~Chad~

Is it wrong that I've been using the same brand of soap since I was eight years old?! :lol:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote: Is it wrong that I've been using the same brand of soap since I was eight years old?! :lol:
:lol: Well if it gets the job done, it gets the job done.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Is it wrong to be kind of happy that I don't have to see my family for Easter anymore???
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:Is it wrong to be kind of happy that I don't have to see my family for Easter anymore???
Depends on the reason behind it - that's just an opinion.

I have to say - I'm in the same boat. I don't have to see my mother for any reason any longer as she's verbally and emotionally abusive and I put the cabosh to it.

I'm actually quite thrilled about it, because it's been 20 yrs in coming.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

My dad legally adopted my niece. Took to calling themselves Mommy and Daddy when she was 3 months old before my sister signed away parental rights, makes it extremely difficult for anybody from my mom and sister to see her and has now made them into the perfect family. At the same time can barely remember any of his biological children's/grand children's birthdays, sees my son once a year maybe twice if they happen to be in the area with time to spare, but goes on vacations to Hawaii and Disney Land maybe once a year. Did I mention he has no pictures of us in his house either.

Last time we were down there I got tired of watching all the "perfection" which is from it since my niece is constantly being spoiled rotten and allowed to do anything she wants whenever it suits her and we got into a knock down drag out which resulted in me in tears to my best friend who drove the four hours to come save me from Hades. So yeah don't really much feel like going back and having a repeat performance.

I'm beginning to think all parents are screw up. Heaven help me not screw up with my kid.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Okay, so I found a crockpot recipe for ham tetrazzini and figuring it's the perfect way to put in end to the mountain of ham in my fridge before it goes bad I decide to make it. Well it's not until I'm searching my fridge do I realize I'm out of white wine, but hey look there's a bottle of red. So I improvise...I mean it's not really going to make too much of a difference right? So I get the rest of the ingredients in there and stir it up. And instead of a nice red tinted sauce like I'm expecting my sauce is PURPLE!!!

So now I'm thinking how the hec am I going to seriously eat this with a straight face when it's done. Anyways if someone handed you pasta with a this color sauce would you eat it?
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

So I have a dilema, while running my errands today I ended up in my second favorite shop store in the universe. With my pocket $60ish dollars lighters, I ended up with two new cocktail dresses for Vegas. Here's the problem, my errands were not suppose to be about me, not really and when my husband sees them he's going to flip his lid. I've already removed the price tags, but the problem is one of them is extremely fancy, we're talking prom type fancy that probably ran over 100 from a department store at one point. My plan is for now, to keep it up in the closet see if he notices I mean men are known to be oblivious, but still I worry...anyone got any ideas on how to hide this thing? Because he's not going to believe me if I told him I got it for $13...the $30 I actually paid for it may be believable when he finds out where I went but I doubt he'll be happy.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

I had the best day today! :D

My daughter's school was having a field trip to an old timey place...
you know the type, where they dress like little house on the prairie, make butter and milk cows and crap like that? :roll:
Well since my daugther is still on crutches from her surgery they wouldn't allow her to go on the field trip unless she sat in a wheel chair that would be pushed by her teacher. :shock:

:roll: Oh yeah its every eleven year old's dream to be pushed around in a wheel chair by your teacher in front of your friends! OH did I mention that her teacher is the biggest bitch in the world? :twisted:
They told me that if she didn't go she would have to be placed in another class for the day ...well I said screw that and surprised her by driving right by the school in the morning...

We went out for breakfast then drove to this awesome place an hour away that has just everything a kid would love to do.
We went to the batting cages, played miniture golf, rode go cars and played arcade games all day...plus loaded up on ice cream and anything else she wanted that was horribly unhealthy for you :roll: :lol:

It was so beautiful outside, sunny and seventy five degrees...

We had so much fun.... after everything she's been through it was so nice to see her so happy.

oh and I was thrilled to find out I still kill at ms pacman and air hockey :wink: :lol:

I know it sounds corny but when you've been through such a crapy year it makes you appreciate the happy moments all that much more.

We just laughed all day and forgot about all the bad stuff that we've been going through...

It was just the perfect day.

honestly I just feel so lucky that I have her, she's really the most amazing person I've ever met in my life.

Carrie :)

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare