The Official "Life is Good" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Official "Life is Good" Thread

Post by valentinebaby »

So it was my best friend's birthday today and seeing as how for my birthday present she's taking me to Vegas I went all out. I scoured the net for recipes that we're purely her, mock monte cristo sandwiches, Gouda and peach salad, and last but certainly not least a caramel machiatto cake.

Now baking is something I've been doing as long as I can remember, and as long as you stick a recipe in front of me I'm good. Well this was the most challenging this cake was the most challenging I've ever made in my life. It took hours for to make, I started at around 2pm and didn't get done with it til probably right around 8:30pm. There were times that I whined, moments where I wanted to leave this thing half made and just eat the home made caramel but in the end it was worth it.

My master peice was a two layer cake, with real caramel filling,a ton of coffee, and lots and lots of rich creamy butter, (roughly an entire package.) As soon as the first bite was taken by the birthday it was declared her new favorite cake, my husband's new favorite cake, and not to brag but mine as well. I don't even think my first prize winning cocoa, peanut butter cake topped this baby. I've never been prouder of anything I've ever baked.

And of course...I'm willing to share the recipe with anyone who asks. Lots of work but so so so worth every delicious rich bite. It may even be worth the clogged arteries it'll give me later in life.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Got my ecigs today. To be completely honest I think I'm going to miss regular cigs. The flavor's a bit milder and it feels sounds weird. Although next time I'm going with cherry or vanilla.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

:lol: :lol: I just have to laugh :lol: :lol: I watched all of those credit card commercials where the guy answers the phone and goes "Hello....my name is Peggy!"

Those just kill me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
secretk
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by secretk »

Well, life is good :wink: , although the story that I will tell you is not something about me exactly.

So I am working in small software company and in my country there is something called IT league - that's soccer league for people that work in software companies. Of course we have our representative in the league and it's not that good. Actually it is pretty bad :lol: , but anyway the most important thing is to have fun.

So, our captain (and team speaker in my team, but that's not so important) always tries to organize such extra events in order to get closer the team mates and of course the fans(currently only one colleague and me :lol: ).
For example he organized a small trip to the beach for a national soccer contest with the team mates, their partners and of course the fans. He also invited all of us to a theater, bowling and some other events.

That's why we decided that we want to surprise him for his birthday. The idea came from the team and we gathered a small amount of money and decided to give him the outfit of Manchester United for the 2011-2012 season. He is huge fan of the club and so we hope that he will be happy to have this.

Anyway the point is not the gift, but the fact we (all, about 15 people) decided to get together and do something nice for a man who has done a lot for the company, the company football team and the company spirit.
I am happy when such (even small) gestures does not remain unnoticed and when a group of people can have a common goal and can do something nice for someone else.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Oh man. I just threw a freakin' awesome housewarming party last night. Life is definitely good. :mrgreen:
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Congratulations.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Love a good housewarming party. Did you get any usable/practical gifts?

As for me, life has been really, really sweet to me lately. I've gone to all my doctor's appointments and have a clean bill of health. So, now that that is settled I will be moving onto the next phase ...

I'm going to have a baby! :D

Well, not yet anyway as it hasn't happened yet, but I'm moving forward with my plans to have one. I'm so excited and happy about this, I swear I'm literally walking on Cloud Nine right now!

Hopefully, but this time next year ... I'll have a little one of my own.

Let me tell you, I still feel so unprepared, but then again - you can't really overly prepare yourself for this. And I don't care that I'll be doing this as a single parent either. That doesn't bother me. There are plenty of single people to struggle to this each and every day and succeed in doing so.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

The very best of luck to you Ellie!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Wow, Ellie, that's awesome! Best of luck. :D
Love a good housewarming party. Did you get any usable/practical gifts?
No gifts. It was basically just something I arranged so a few of my friends and I could hang out and get drunk for awhile. :lol: So I guess the gift was alcohol.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Thanks BB and April! When it does happen, I'll most definitely share here. :D

Damn, all you got was alcohol? Not that that is a bad gift or anything, but normally at housewarmings, the hostess receives practical items for the house: cutlery, dishes, pots/pans, linens, etc. I know I did. Then again, I got alcohol as well - so it was ALL good :lol:

Congrats again on the new place. It feels great having something to call your own, doesn't it? 8)
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother