Party Of Five

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Fidomom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Party Of Five

Post by Fidomom »

Any Griffin/Julia shippers in here? Or any Salinger family fans who weren't into the shipping? I just recently finally finished watching the seasons I had missed back in the day and now it's over and I miss them all, lol. </3
~FM :)
jbangelo
Administrator

Re: Party Of Five

Post by jbangelo »

This was one of my favorite shows as a teenager. I remember Wednesday night was always my favorite night of the week - 90210 and Party of Five! I have all 6 seasons on DVD but it's been a while since I watched them all. I was never a huge shipper though I do remember being fairly supportive of Bailey/Sarah.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Fidomom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fidomom »

jbangelo wrote:This was one of my favorite shows as a teenager. I remember Wednesday night was always my favorite night of the week - 90210 and Party of Five! I have all 6 seasons on DVD but it's been a while since I watched them all. I was never a huge shipper though I do remember being fairly supportive of Bailey/Sarah.
I enjoyed Bailey/Sarah as well. Six seasons is time consuming to revisit. I had watched some of it while it aired but when I decided to check it out from beginning to end on Netflix I was surprised how different my point of view was as an adult.

I don't regret finally watching it all and while I loved some of the characters and the Salinger family as a unit, it's not something I would watch all over again from start to finish (I might rewatch Griffin/Julia wedding episodes and their elevator in a blackout episode, though).

Which is weird because I've watched Roswell start to finish with no episode skips seven times and it did not feel time consuming or daunting, lol. Certain episodes I've watched on their own of course and way more than seven times. I did love Party of Five, a lot but just not enough to rewatch. My rewatch rules (it's really not usual for me to rewatch even movies never mind a multiple season series) don't seem to apply when it comes to Roswell, because Roswell is just ... different. 8)
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I think a full series rewatch of this show would be daunting because most of the episodes are so emotionally draining. I do remember at one point I almost dropped the show because every episode left me feeling so depressed. I think it may have been during the Charlie cancer storyline. Can't remember which season that was.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Fidomom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fidomom »

jbangelo wrote:I think a full series rewatch of this show would be daunting because most of the episodes are so emotionally draining. I do remember at one point I almost dropped the show because every episode left me feeling so depressed. I think it may have been during the Charlie cancer storyline. Can't remember which season that was.
Yes, there's a whole lot of that emotional stuff throughout the series. I binged season 1-3 and stopped because at end of season 3 Griffin & Julia were together and happy and I wasn't ready to stop basking in feeling good. Took me almost two months before I felt ready to tackle seasons 4-6, lol. Emotionally tasking is a good description of that series and yet a lot of the times my tears were happy tears but even that was hard on my heart - so many feels all the way through. Really great writing on that show and the cast was simply amazing.

I've just had a thought that maybe I miss the show/Salingers so much because they gave me reasons to cry, lol. I don't even like crying but maybe it was cathartic in some way? IDEK anymore, lol.

The series ended with my favourite couple not together and yet somehow I wasn't mad. I have it in my head that Griffin and Julia will always go back to each other. She married him twice (and they both spoke their vows sincerely while they were in a fight) and SHE FREAKING COMMITTED HIS FACE TO MEMORY! Justin is cool and all but he and Julia are just so much better as besties than as a couple. Griffin & Julia are just ... ugh my heart is so totally for them.