Battlestar Galactica

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Just dropping in to say I'm getting pretty tired of Callie and Dee. Neither woman is a sympathetic or interesting character to me unless they have a secret we don't know about yet.

Dee is just a nonentity. I don't know why she'd accept Lee's proposal when she knew he loved someone else. That was knowingly stupid and she had no one to blame but herself. And as for what he said to her about making him a better man? When was that, when he was overweight and apathetic? Or maybe when he was aimless and drunk? Get a clue sweetie and let the man go to save you both.

As for Callie. Pretty much the same as Dee. Except I see her more as a whiny child than a woman and mother. It's unrealistic on a large ship to expect that your boss and husband can give you special treatment when people are literally depending on you with their lives based on the job you do. In today's military they wouldn't be allowed to work together especially in a direct chain of command situation for reasons just like that.

It's like she has this rosy image of how things should be and won't take off the rose colored glasses. But god forbid when they slip 'cause then she always blames somebody for reality not living up to her expectations.

Ok. That's me and my humble opinion. I'm gonna go to bed now and look forward to this week's epi. Hopefully neither woman will be in it.. much.:wink:

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Man it sucks we have to wait 9 months to see more of JB and company. And I loved Romo, I hope they bring him back for more epis.

Sorry not gonna go into much, don't wanna spoil the episode for those who haven't seen it yet. But I thought it was great.:D

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

HOLY FRAKKIN SHIT! :shock:

My thoughts....

1. Sam, Tigh, Chief - not Cylons. But then that begs the question...why did they hear the mysterious music? My answer: THEY WERE KIDNAPPED AND BRAINWASHED AT SOME POINT IN TIME BY THE CYLONS. The music has to be the trigger for them to do some mysterious deed the cylons want of them. I just can't believe they are Cylons, so my gut is telling me this. Besides, why reveal the final "5"? Especially if it looks like the series is going to stick around for a while? And why these guys?

2. Apollo - LOVED the impassioned speech that he gave during Baltar's trial. It hit home with a lot of people and they hated it. I think that's why the Admrial sided with Baltar and said he was "Not Guilty". Like he explained to Roslin, Not Guilty is not the same as proven innocent. He knows that Baltar is in a sense some what entirely responsible, but also realizes that he's been used as a scapegoat of sorts. One thing is for sure, this trial has changed everyone's lives....Baltar especially.

3. Baltar - Numero Uno Public Enemy to some, God to others, social outcast to the rest. What the hell man, get a clue! He thought that after the verdict, it would be smooth sailing for him? WHAT FRAKKIN PLANET ARE YOU FROM AGAIN? Are we sure he's not a Cylon? Something is defective in his programming :rolleyes: But, what will he do for work? Where will he live? Who gives a frak is basically what Lee and his own lawyer hinted at. He used them, they used him. The cycle is complete.

4. Roslin, Hera, Six, Athena - WHAT THE FRAK IS UP WITH THOSE DREAMS? And did anyone else notice the commerical last night promoting the last epi of this season? That Kara was holding Hera in arms, protecting her? COULD IT BE....COULD KARA BE....???? Stranger things have happened.

5. Kara - Can we all just say it? Please? ELLIE WAS RIGHT...KARA WASN'T DEAD! Yup. *ha* I knew it! They can't kill off Kara! But, wait....what is her destiny again? Was it to find Earth as she claimed? Or is she the mysterious "5"th Cylon? Or, is she some decoy (like the others above) & HAS BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE CYLONS to help destroy the last of mankind? Next season should hopefully answer that question for us. But my gut is telling me....I guess we'll find out in 2008.

See you all then :smile:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Aurorabee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Post by Aurorabee »

I'm such a dork. I looked for a thread on this show and didn't see one, then I emailed Rick to see if I could start one. Double-checked before I started one and BOOM! here it is! Thank goodness, because I couldn't believe nobody on this board watched BSG, which is for me, hands down the best and most intense drama on television.

Did anyone watch the season 4 (and final season) premiere Friday night?
precariousem
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by precariousem »

Wow, this thread has been dead for awhile. I was thinking there would be a lot more posts considering the series finale.

I've only seen up to the beginning of Season 4. I'm kind of scared to watch the rest of it because I know a lot of what happens and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.

I really liked Cally/Chief, I've seen The Ties That Bind, and I know that various other things will happen later in Season 4 that will kind of ruin that ship (not that it was ever given much life, considering the periphery of the characters, but I'm still going to be disappointed.) I wish more people would write fanfic for them.

I know that a lot of people don't like Cally, and she can be annoying, but I read something on another board that was interesting. Cally is the most average character on the show. Most everyone else rises to each occasion and is victorious, but I know that in the same situations I'd probably be Cally - doing my job well, occasionally showing a lot of bravery - but also getting so annoyed and then annoying about the little things. And the big things. So I have this love/hate relationship with her character because she's me.

Um, let me think. I really dislike Dee. She was cute with Billy, but I feel like the fact that she begged him to live in Sacrifice, and then when he died, did the same thing with Lee, it wasn't about love for either one of them. It was about her being so needy. However, in a deleted scene from Rapture, she tells Starbuck that she can't use "I'm a screw up" as an excuse for cheating, and in that scene, I really liked Dee.

What else? Currently, I don't see Kara/Lee happening. I thought the love scene of them shown in Unfinished Business and the whole yelling to the world that they loved each other was both rushed and out of character. And for me, seeing that just made me dislike them as a couple. I think. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. :lol:
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

So happy to report ... I have all the seasons FINALLY on DVD! I think I'm just missing the movie Razor now. Have to pick that up after the New Year. Anyway, let the fun times begin ... can you say BSG Marathon? :lol:

Say, is anyone going to see Capricia when it comes on?
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother