Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I have just recently started watching Firefly. My BFF bought the DVD's and made me watch them cuz she knows what a scifi nerd I can be. I was wondering if there were any other Firefly fans lurking about? What do you think of the Firefly movie "Serenity" that is coming out in September? It looks pretty badass. :D

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of some good Firefly fanfic? I tried looking at fanfiction.net but it seemed to be all Jayne/River fic and quite honestly, that really doesn't sit right with me.
Last edited by Surfgirl02 on Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I love Firefly and am soooooo excited about the movie. You are right, it does look pretty badass. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't know of any fanfic, 'cause I don't really read much fanfic other than Roswell. :?
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

I can't wait for the movie. Firefly was one of those shows that got better with every episode. Where they left us was just brutal! I am so glad that Joss got a second chance to play around in this world. I love the characters and I can't wait to see what happens!
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Alan Tudyk (Wash) has said that if things go well for "Serenity", it could be a 3 movie deal. :D
And they say
~Dispatch "Open Up"
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I've never watched it, but I saw a preview for the movie. It looks great, even though I don't know who the characters are and everything. :D
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

Are you kidding... I love this show, and I am completely excited over the movie. Just a little over a month away... WOO HOO!!!!

Annie:)
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

I'm a huge Firefly fan and can't wait for 'Serenity' in Sept. I want to know which spoilers I've heard are true or not true.
I'm a believer!
dmarttx
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dmarttx »

I love this show. I was pissed off because every single time it was on, I had to play chaffeur for my sister and I couldn't rely on my vcr to record both video and sound. grr... a couple of those last episodes I had to watch with the captions... not fun.

I am trying to read the comics that bridge the gap between TV and Big Screen... sigh Just read one so far and the third page had me chastising Book with a resounding "Preacher! Language!" They even do the Mandarin characters in the comic. '-)

All the Firefly fic I've seen has been Jayne hooking up with River... which I can't see as he thinks she's insane and finds her a little scary and from the previews of Serenity.... she's a much better shot than he is and I don't see him lying still while his woman out-shoots him. I'm surprised they pried him off that last planet... '-)
Last edited by dmarttx on Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Can someone tell me the titles of the comics books...I searched for Firefly on amazon and it came back with 1174 results and, quite frankly, I'm too damn lazy to sift through them all. :lol:
And they say
~Dispatch "Open Up"
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

amazon won't sell the comic until later when it's complete and hardbound.

I found Serenity Issue #1 of 3 at Hastings... but any place that sells comics should have it. Waldenbooks or Borders... there should be places to order straight off. I believe they're published off of Darkhorse so you could try there. '-)