Dawson's Creek

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Favourite Couple

Dawson and Joey
19%
Dawson and Jen
No votes
Pacey and Joey
56%
Pacey and Jen
5%
Pacey and Andie
14%
Dawson and Gretchin
2%
Jack and Doug
2%
Jack and Joey
2%

Total votes: 57

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Dawson's Creek

Post by killjoy »

One of the things I hated about Dawson was the stupid storyline outlook he had on life.Everything had to fit in what he thought a movie should be like.....and when it didn't he got confused and upset.

But like P/J showed....life doesen't have a script.We don't have some outline we're supposed to go by and that helps us along with the hard parts of life.And some times falling in love with the person we thought we shouldn't might just be the best thing that ever happened to us.

Plus the fact that Dawson only got so jealous for Joey and wants her AFTER he finds out she and Pacey are a couple :roll:
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

I was not the biggest Dawson's Creek fan, and I only watched it because it came on before Roswell, but I liked Dawson and Joey! I love the whole best friends in love story line! I also really liked Pacey and Andy.

I was totally like WTF? When Joey and Pacey hooked up, and I always wondered if I was watching a different show than everyone else because everyone else just loved them to death, and I couldn’t stand them! Specifically Joey. Why were they so special when she hooked up with every guy on the show? And after she hooked up with Pacey the show totally just turned into the Joey and Pacey show. Hello! It was called Dawson’s Creek! And the finally just pissed me off because once again it was all about Joey and Pacey.

So yeah I never liked Joey and Pacey.

<<<Candice>>>
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

CandyDreamQueen wrote:I was not the biggest Dawson's Creek fan, and I only watched it because it came on before Roswell, but I liked Dawson and Joey! I love the whole best friends in love story line! I also really liked Pacey and Andy.

I was totally like WTF? When Joey and Pacey hooked up, and I always wondered if I was watching a different show than everyone else because everyone else just loved them to death, and I couldn’t stand them! Specifically Joey. Why were they so special when she hooked up with every guy on the show? And after she hooked up with Pacey the show totally just turned into the Joey and Pacey show. Hello! It was called Dawson’s Creek! And the finally just pissed me off because once again it was all about Joey and Pacey.

So yeah I never liked Joey and Pacey.

<<<Candice>>>
Funny how people can watch the same show and get two oh so different outlooks :lol: :lol:

Not bashing you here....you can like or dislike anyone you want....but I was the complete opposite of you.In the early days I could NEVER get into Dawson/Joey.In fact I could never like Dawson period.I was a fan of Pacey and Joey from the start of the show and LOVED the fight/banter and HOPED that something would come of it.And I got my wish and never looked back.

Pacey/Joey are my favorite tv couple of all time and I loved everything with them on the show...well except the whole Prom break up thing and the sleep with Dawson stuff soon after :roll: .....but I was happy at the end of the show when they got back with one another
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

killjoy wrote:
Funny how people can watch the same show and get two oh so different outlooks :lol: :lol:

Not bashing you here....you can like or dislike anyone you want....but I was the complete opposite of you.In the early days I could NEVER get into Dawson/Joey.In fact I could never like Dawson period.I was a fan of Pacey and Joey from the start of the show and LOVED the fight/banter and HOPED that something would come of it.And I got my wish and never looked back.

Pacey/Joey are my favorite tv couple of all time and I loved everything with them on the show...well except the whole Prom break up thing and the sleep with Dawson stuff soon after :roll: .....but I was happy at the end of the show when they got back with one another
I'm so with you! I'm 100% a P/J fan. I too never liked Dawson. I can't give a good reason, I just did not like him. He upset me in every way. I thought he was annoying. lol I didn't watch the show from the beginning but I started kind of watching the end of season 2ish. But then things really picked up for me Season 3 and on when J/P got together, I was in heaven. So of course Season 5 was painful for me to watch so I didn't watch most of it. And yes the whole her sleeping with Dawson. It makes me have chills. lol P/J are one of my all time favourite tv couple as well. They were real and oh so good together. I thought they grew up together. Unlike with Dawson you couldn't really grow with him. The first season of DC I owned was Season 4 bc P/J were together then season 3 because that's how they got together and season 6 because the ended up together lol. I swear if they never ended up together it would made me feel like I wasted all the time I spent watching that show. I remember watching the finale and screaming for joy when it showed Joey picked Pacey. It was awesome! Terribly sad episode in general though. I can't watch it really though I own the DVD of just the finale and the whole season 6 lol but yeah. That episode when P/J got stuck in the K Mart is one of my favourite episode. I love their banter..... on another note It's super great seeing Joshua in Fringe. I'm so glad he found himself a great show. Sad it's not coming back until April though. That's a long time...... But can someone tell me why James is in OTH? It's upsetting me lol. No offence to all those Dawson fans out there. Funny thing though I remember reading up on the WB site before OTH aired about OTH and thought it sounded a lot like DC with Lucas and Hailey being best friends like Joey and Dawson. So it's interesting having a DC main character in the show now.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

I did not like Pacey with Joey. I never felt any chemistry between them, none. For me, it always was, always will be Pacey & Andie. I just loved them together. I love how she believed in him and made him believe in himself. I also loved how he didn't leave her when she was mentally sick. He didn't run from her. He stood by her and it was amazing. For me, Pacey & Andie are the best couple on Tv.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

SidneyAce wrote:I did not like Pacey with Joey. I never felt any chemistry between them, none. For me, it always was, always will be Pacey & Andie. I just loved them together. I love how she believed in him and made him believe in himself. I also loved how he didn't leave her when she was mentally sick. He didn't run from her. He stood by her and it was amazing. For me, Pacey & Andie are the best couple on Tv.
I liked Pacey/Andie the best too!

I never got on board with P/J purely because I dislike Joey. She and Dawson were the most annoying characters IMO. Pacey and Jen were my faves.
it's better to rise than fade away.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Wow, it's nice to have someone that agrees with me. Joey and Dawson were annoying. And like you, Pacey and Jen were my fave characters. It's so sad that Jen never found someone. Her life wasn't happy. The happiest moments for her were when she hang out with Jack.

-Jason Mraz
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I never could get into Pacey/Andie....to me she was just annoying as Dawson....and than when she cheated on him I was like "Well she's got to go now." :lol:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

Jen rocked! I think she was the only one that never bugged me. Well maybe her and Pacey. Dawson did bug me. He gave up on Joey and yet got mad at her for moving on with Pacey.
- Amanda
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

killjoy wrote:I never could get into Pacey/Andie....to me she was just annoying as Dawson....and than when she cheated on him I was like "Well she's got to go now." :lol:
I think the storyline of Andie cheating on Pacey was stupid. It was out of character. The writers just wanted her out to give Joey and Pacey a chance. I don't think i ever liked a couple as much as Andie/Pacey. They had something special.

I too think that Jen rocked the most (solo). She was a great character. I was really mad when they killed her off. Life was always against her.

-Jason Mraz