Dawson's Creek

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Favourite Couple

Dawson and Joey
19%
Dawson and Jen
No votes
Pacey and Joey
56%
Pacey and Jen
5%
Pacey and Andie
14%
Dawson and Gretchin
2%
Jack and Doug
2%
Jack and Joey
2%

Total votes: 57

madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Dawson's Creek

Post by madroswellfan »

Just wondring how many Dawson Creek fans there are out there?
Who was your favourite couple and why?
Im sorry...had to be Dawson and Joey for me. What can I say...sucker for the soulmates thing.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

It's kinda funny, I really didn't get into DC until I started watching it on reruns on the TBS Cable Channel. Then I got addicted :lol: ! My fave couple is Joey and Pacey, and I was so happy they ended up together in the finale! I just watched on the E! Network the True Hollywood Story about the Kids from DC. It came on Sunday at 8pm. I am sure it'll come on again. It was interesting to learn that Katie Holmes dated Joshua Jackson and James Van Der Beek :twisted:
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Illyria
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Illyria »

FSUMSW94 wrote:It's kinda funny, I really didn't get into DC until I started watching it on reruns on the TBS Cable Channel. Then I got addicted :lol: ! My fave couple is Joey and Pacey, and I was so happy they ended up together in the finale! I just watched on the E! Network the True Hollywood Story about the Kids from DC. It came on Sunday at 8pm. I am sure it'll come on again. It was interesting to learn that Katie Holmes dated Joshua Jackson and James Van Der Beek :twisted:
I knew she dated Joshua but I didn't know she dated James also. My favorite couples are Pacey and Joey, Dawson and Jen.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Sookie wrote:
FSUMSW94 wrote:It's kinda funny, I really didn't get into DC until I started watching it on reruns on the TBS Cable Channel. Then I got addicted :lol: ! My fave couple is Joey and Pacey, and I was so happy they ended up together in the finale! I just watched on the E! Network the True Hollywood Story about the Kids from DC. It came on Sunday at 8pm. I am sure it'll come on again. It was interesting to learn that Katie Holmes dated Joshua Jackson and James Van Der Beek :twisted:
I knew she dated Joshua but I didn't know she dated James also. My favorite couples are Pacey and Joey, Dawson and Jen.
Yeah, during this True Hollywood Story, the producers of the show mentioned while they were filming the Pilot, and working on subsequent episodes, there is this episode leading up to this really big kiss scene b/w Dawson and Joey. Well, the producers mentioned they were so worried about it not going over well, because the two actors had already dated and broken up by the time they filmed that episode in real life. They then mentioned that Katie and Josh started dating after she and James broke up, and James and Josh were roommates for awhile when filming first began too. Had to be kinda awkward for the three of them. Unless, she only casually dated James *shrugs*. I know when it was mentioned about Katie dating Josh, everyone said he was her first serious relationship, likely her very first love.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I'm not an avid fan of DC but I watch it when it's on during the week. Ever since the first episode Dawson has been my least favorite character...probably one of the reasons why I never watched it during it's 5 or 6 year run.

But my favorite three characters were Pacey, Jen, and Jack. My favorite couple was Pacey and Jen, but my second fav couple was Pacey and Joey. Both of those couples were so cute together... even though Pacey and Jen weren't together all that long I still loved them.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I liked Pacey and Joey. They were my favorites.

Oh, and what it a shame it was that Jack turned out to be gay.

Kerr Smith is a little hottie!
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

I haven't seen all episodes, but I liked this show. I watched only because it was aired before Roswell (already years ago) and since I hadn't nothing to do, I kind of started to watch this show too.

Dawson was...okay, I guess, but my favourite was definately Pacey. I liked him together with Joey. They were my favourite couple. I liked Jack too.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

If you go back and watch the few ep's where Pacey and Jen had their sex pact than you'll see them mention Roswell.

For those of you who didn't watch the show Jen and Pacey tried to make a 'sex with no stings or relationship' thing work .A sort of friends with benefits thing you might say.But they could never get around to having the sex .Something always interrupted or turn them off......well anyway Pacey offers to have sex in the movie rental store he's working in at the time.When they talk themselves out of it Jen says something along the lines of this....

"Well I can't anyway .I got to get home. Roswell is about to come on." :lol:

Oh and I love Pacey and Joey and voted for them :wink:
LoveIsForever
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LoveIsForever »

It was always Dawson and Joey for me. And I think the final ep shows that it was writen in the began for them to get together at the end. But change because they didn't have any way for Pacey to fit in. Because Dawson in Joey could be soulmates but not be together and still be friends but Pacey couldn't just still be friends with Joey.

I don't mean to upset any Pacey/Joey fans with my comments but I just think when they decided to have Pacey with Joey they should have perhaps rewrote the whole ep. Because everyone knows that the person Joey was always running from that Jen was talking about wasn't Pacey but Dawson that was the only part of the final that upset me because they should have taken that out and then I would have been much happier with the end.

But they didn't which kind of left me thinking there goes Joey running away from Dawson again.

Because any fan of DC knows that Joey was always running from her relationship from Dawson not Pacey that's all I'm saying.
The One Thing That Never Dies Is Love.

My Roswell Challenges

My Forum
From the Wind to the Stars
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I don't want to start an argument because I know the whole Pacey/Joey/Dawson triangle is just as heated as the Spike/Buffy/Angel one.

But I could never take Dawson/Joey.Since the start of the show when Pacey and Joey would argue and fight I was saying "those two have passion with each other.I wonder what it would be like if they used it to stop fighting and turned it the other way?"

And I got to see it and loved it.I was happy that they implied in the last show that those two got together.

So like I said I don't want to start an argument or hurt anyone's feelings over their choice of fav couple off a tv show but I could never take Dawson and Joey *shrugs*