CSI

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Anyone see CSI: Miami the other night? The one with the Latin gangs? Adam Rodriguez looked really good in this episode, lol. He was flirting with the evidence girl, and I was like, wow, he's cute, lol.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

I came across this article on Netscape. It implies some pretty uncomplimentary things about the effect that the CSI franchise is having on the world at large.

http://channels.netscape.com/celebrity/ ... tm&sc=1401

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Wow that article is interesting. But then again it seems like common knowledge to me that a cigerette could contain DNA...I mean come on...your spitting on it!

But yeah...I watch the show and my dad made a comment about the fact that this is probably in every jail cell with a TV. The criminals are probably taking notes for when they commit another crime.

Thanks for sharing Rick!

~Jennifer~
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

You are right about the prisoners!.... I thought that too!..... but even not wanting, you leave materials everywhere: think about your hair: you can't control their fall!....

And about CSI: I love all the three of them: they have their own personality and caracter!!!

EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Okay, here's how I feel about that. I don't think the TV show is to blame for the trend in less clues at crime scenes. I mean, if the criminals are watching the shows, then they think that they'll always get caught as well.

There are things that just can't be controlled, that are left behind at crime scenes, as seen in the television show. I mean, good grief, one episode they found the killer because they got some of his dandruff off the sweater the dead guy was wearing.

People learn from their mistakes, right? (I can't believe I'm defending these criminals, lol). It was only bound to happen that people who DO commit crimes get smarter, by learning from mistakes they see other criminals make, or things that they see that gets other people caught. Maybe seeing it on television is speeding up the process, but i don't think that the TV shows are to blame.

I think that someone wants to blame someone else for all the smart criminals we have out there, and the TV show is easy. It can't fight back! LOL.

CSI shows , IMO, are not to blame for the trends of leaving behind less evidence, or trying to cover your butt after you committ a crime. Remember what Jeff Daniels said about the bad guy in Speed? "Crazy, not Stupid."

Maybe that's the criminals now adays.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Loved tonight's epi. That Lady Heather is a woman I could totally see Grissom with. Wow, she something else. :o

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Loved it too. Great eppy. Remember when he told her at the end "Heather, I said 'Stop' " ???

That's what she told him the men that come to her...brothel have to say. I was like....ooooohhhh!!

Good eppy. And uh, have I totally missed an episdoe somewhere? Where was Sara? or Greg for that matter? Did I even see them in that episode last night?
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Holy crap! Why was that so gruesome? Guh! There was a high degree of the ICK factor last night. But I really liked that Lady Heather was back. I guess we'll never know if her daughter gave birth...maybe that'll come up in a future episode.
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Good point, I'd also like to know if Heather has a grandchild out there. I'd forgotten about that until you mentioned it. Good eye for detail. :D

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

Have you guys heard? Grissom and Sara gets together in the series finale, kinda disappointed, i knew the two of them were going to get together but i was SO hoping that Grissom would get together with Catherine or even Lady Heather, they tend to be more mature than she is.

I epic i saw was when Greg revealed to Grissom that his family had some physic abilities as they were inverstigating the murder of a fortune teller, i was quite disappointed when Grissom kinda brushed him off like that, is it just me or does he seem more grumpy than usual in this series?

Oh, by the way, does anyone know when CSI Miami the new series is suppose to come in the UK? i've been waiting an age for it! Considering there was suppose to be a crossover with Las Vegas and Miami for another killing.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant