Heroes

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Maiqu
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maiqu »

Surfgirl02 wrote:Okay, so the toe thing...ewwwwwwwwww! :shock:

Who else here was sad when Peter found a shirt? :lol:
Me...but at least he didn't button it up :lol:
~Maii~
Candy/Stargazer/Xtremer/Drifter/Lamptrimmer..
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

cardinalgirl wrote:
tequathisy wrote:The climatic ending was totally ruined for me though because of the really, really bad Irish accents. I couldn't stop laughing at them. Maybe Indians and Japanese people have the same reaction when the watch Suresh, Hiro and Ando.
My dad's Japanese and I've been hearing it my entire life and also speak some, and yes, Hiro's accent is horrible. Very nearly cringe-worthy. My dad couldn't even understand what he was saying. Ando's is much better.
Masi Oka was born in Tokyo, Japan. He moved to the California when he was 6. His accent is real. It's just slightly Americanized from being here so long.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

I know he's Japan-born, but it is very Americanized. Listen to him vs. George Takei. Oka varies his vowels (there is no vowel-variation in Japanese) and often misplaces accented syllables.
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Honestly, I don't know enough Japanese speaking people to tell the difference.:lol: The majority of Japanese people I know are all American born, and have awful Rhode Island accents on top of it, so to my ears his Japanese sounds fine. But, I know what you mean. Then again, Masi did go to Brown, so maybe a bit of the Rhode Island speak rubbed off on him, too. lol.
And they say
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Yayyyyy we got to see the return of Sylar! Woot! :twisted: Awesome twist the writers had in store for him.:lol: Can't wait to see what he makes of it.

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Hiro has to stop falling in love with girls outside of his timeline... :roll: LOL

Also, while I know Missy Peregrym (sp?) is now on Reaper, and yay for her, couldn't they have brought her back for that one short little part, instead of just going with someone completely different? Odd, I thought.
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

I agree. I totally loved MP as Candace, the new girl just didn't do her justice.

Anyone else really annoyed with West and his idea of how to talk to girls?:roll: I thought his attempt at pushing Claire into admitting she was different was stupid, cruel and dangerous. If I'd been her I'd have sicced my dad on him not thought he was cute.

I dunno, after Brody from last season I certainly didn't expect Claire to go for that. He's creepy stalker boy to me.

Can't wait for more.

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I just thought I'd say that I am head over heels for Milo.

Who'da thought he'd ever grow up from the boy on Gilmore Girls to be so gorgeous!
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

I'm a major Claire/Peter fan - I know I shouldn't but the chemistry between them is just too hot.

Don't like West either - I think he should fall out of a tree, literally.

I love Skylar - he makes the show so great - it's just the way he acts you can't help but wonder what he is going to do next.

I love Hiro - I'm deaf so people speaking in different accents isn't really noticeable for me as I lipread but I just think he is so funny and cute! He and Ando are brilliant together!
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Maiqu
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maiqu »

cough-Uncle!/Incest/-cough...I like West he is not that bad he is actually kinda cute..Sylar rocks he is probably the best villain ever..and Im not going to say anything about Paire because I could possibly offend someone and I don't want that
~Maii~
Candy/Stargazer/Xtremer/Drifter/Lamptrimmer..