Vampire Diaries

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Vampire Diaries

Post by April »

He's a hell of a lot more entertaining than Stefan. I love tremendously flawed characters, and Damon is one of them.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

NotYourChick wrote:Everyone is loving the bad boy more. :lol:
And that shocks you how?......that is normal female behaviour....I've never even seen this show and I could have told you that! :roll:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

killjoy wrote:
And that shocks you how?......that is normal female behaviour....I've never even seen this show and I could have told you that! :roll:
Well it shocks me here. Angel was more of a good guy than Spike. Yet Angel had a bigger fan base. Some times the good guys are more liked.

With this show the good vampire is the one they want you to like me. I just think its funny how its not like that.
- Amanda
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

NotYourChick wrote: Well it shocks me here. Angel was more of a good guy than Spike. Yet Angel had a bigger fan base. Some times the good guys are more liked.
You think Angel had a bigger fanbase than Spike? I think Spike was probably the most popular character to come out of that show, along with Willow and of course Buffy. I loved them both.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

April wrote:
NotYourChick wrote: Well it shocks me here. Angel was more of a good guy than Spike. Yet Angel had a bigger fan base. Some times the good guys are more liked.
You think Angel had a bigger fanbase than Spike? I think Spike was probably the most popular character to come out of that show, along with Willow and of course Buffy. I loved them both.
I think Angel was hugely popular, he got his own show and everything. BUT when they put Spike on the show it was a good thing and suddenly he was even more popular.

I am a fan of all this stuff. I'm a WB purist. I have Dawson's, Buffy, Roswell, and Angel all on DVD. :mrgreen:
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

April wrote:
Why I think this: Angel had his own show, back then all I heard was Angel this and Angel that. I could find more Angel/Buffy shippers than I could Spike/Buffy. To this day Angel/Buffy come out more with shippers than Spike/Buffy.
- Amanda
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

NotYourChick wrote:Why I think this: Angel had his own show, back then all I heard was Angel this and Angel that. I could find more Angel/Buffy shippers than I could Spike/Buffy. To this day Angel/Buffy come out more with shippers than Spike/Buffy.
Spike had only been on the show for one season (Season 2) when Angel got the spin-off. And I've actually found quite the opposite about the shippers, that even though there are a lot of shippers for both couples, Spuffy shippers slightly outnumber Bangel shippers these days. I really loved both relationships for different reasons, but the inklings of Spuffy had me all the way back in Season 2.

See, even though I'm semi-interested in the Vampire Diaries, the problem I have with this vampire phenomenon these days is that no book, show, or movie will EVER do vampire storylines as well as Buffy did. Ever.

ETA: :lol: Vanessa, I'm a WB-purist, too. The shows back then were such classics.
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

*****Possible Spoiler Alert******

I heard this rumour when I was on Vampire-Diaries.net. Apparently, Damon will gain access to the tomb, only to find 26 vampires instead of 27. Some are speculating that Katherine is the missing vampire and has actually been in Mystic Falls the entire time as....Elena.

Not sure if that's possible since Elena isn't a vampire, but it would make an interesting twist. I definitely think she's tied to Katherine in some way, especially since we found out that she's adopted.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

behrlyliz wrote:*****Possible Spoiler Alert******
I heard this rumour when I was on Vampire-Diaries.net. Apparently, Damon will gain access to the tomb, only to find 26 vampires instead of 27. Some are speculating that Katherine is the missing vampire and has actually been in Mystic Falls the entire time as....Elena.

Not sure if that's possible since Elena isn't a vampire, but it would make an interesting twist. I definitely think she's tied to Katherine in some way, especially since we found out that she's adopted.
Katherine comes back in the book. The books are close to the show but not really. I read about the books on Wikipedia and it explained a lot. Elena is NOT Katherine. And in the book Elena was turned into a vampire. Hmmmmmmmm... Is there where SM got Twilight from? Possibly a Mixture of VD and Roswell.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

NotYourChick wrote:
killjoy wrote:
Well it shocks me here. Angel was more of a good guy than Spike. Yet Angel had a bigger fan base. Some times the good guys are more liked.

With this show the good vampire is the one they want you to like me. I just think its funny how its not like that.
Well, Angel was necessarily the "good vampire." He still had his flaws and he definitely had some dark moments that reminded you what he was.

And Damon, I don't really understand WHY girls would want like him more, especially after last week's episode. He's hot, but he's still an evil vampire right now. Even Spike, as hot as he was, I didn't want with Buffy until AFTER he got his soul back. And Damon's hot, but he still freaks me out at the same time.