So You Think You Can Dance?

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

So You Think You Can Dance?

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Anyone else watch this? I just can't get enough!

Although, I have to say last season was kind of boring to me. Epically following season 4 which was the best season of all IMO. Also I didn't really care for the girl that won Season 5. Not that I thought she was a bad dancer or anything. I just thought that there were other dancers with more personality.

Anyway, so far I'm really liking this season. I really like that there is a larger variety of dancers this season. (still mostly contemporary though) My favorites are Ellenore, Russell, Legacy and Nathan. I also think it's cute that Ryan and Ashley are married. I was happy when she made it too. My sister really liked Billy. It was too bad that he had to leave before the competition even started. It looked like he was going to be a really strong dancer.

I'm glad we finally get to start voting next week. So far I have disagreed with the judges girl picks to go home both weeks. Last week I thought Ariana's solo was much better than Pauline's. And this week I thought Bianca's solo was better than Noelle's. Plus I can't believe two of the tappers are gone already!. I think Bianca was definitely the best of the three.

It kind of irks me that the contemporary dancers are put on such higher pedestals than everyone else. Even during the auditions. They always send the contemporary dancers straight through to Vegas, but everyone else has to do the choreography before they can move on. And last season more than half of the top 20 was made up of contemporary dancers.

So what do you all think of this season?

Who you're favorites, and who do you not care so much for?
April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: So You Think You Can Dance?

Post by April »

I love this show! I dance on my university's dance team, but the level of dancing on this show is just above and beyond everything else I've ever seen. These people are athletes, performers, artists . . . they're amazing.

I agree that last season was a little boring, though I personally was thrilled that Jeanine won. The problem last year was definitely that it was overwhelmed with contemporary dancers, and there was a lack of variety. This season is better in that regard.

I'm totally going to miss Mia Michaels, though. And if they mention Paula Abdul one more time . . . :roll:

Russell is my favorite this season. I think he's got a great persoanlity, I love his crump style, and I think he adds something really unique and vital to this season.

For the girls, my favorite is by far Karen. I think she's beautiful and amazing. I loved her in the hip hop dance last night.

I also loved the contemporary dance. Legacy and his partner (can't remember her name) were great in it. Tremendous growth in Legacy during this dance.

I loved both the girls' solos last night, although I was particularly fond of Noelle's. The guys' solos were lackluster.

Channing and Phillip were my least favorites, so it didn't bother me that he went home. I think Channing should have been in the bottom, though she did do better than her partner.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

I'm a massive fan of the show too. I first started watching when I was in the US last year, but now I've managed to catch up on all the seasons. My favourite seasons are 2 and 3, although it was season 4 that got me into the show originally (loved Katee and Joshua). I agree that season 5 wasn't so good, but I'm hoping season 6 will be better :).

I was just saying to my mum recently that I didn't think the show would work in the UK because I don't think there are so many good/unique dancers around, but then they announced that the BBC would be doing a UK version starting in January... we'll have Nigel Lithgoe and Cat Deeley on the show (as well as Arlene Phillips who was a judge on Strictly Come Dancing (the original 'Dancing with the Stars'))... and I've heard that Mia Michaels will be doing some work on the show too! I would have considered auditioning for it if I was still dancing, but unfortunately I haven't taken a dance class in about 6 years and I am embarrassingly un-flexible now :oops: . Also, I don't think I was ever as good as the dancers they have on the show either (I could just about manage the splits by the time I was 18, but I could never lift my leg much higher than chest-height) :P.
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

So all the tappers are gone now. My sister said she does not think SYTYCD is a good competition for tappers.

Sad. I liked Peter, but I don't think he was as good as some of the other guys. And I like Karen and Elenore so I didn't really care about Pauline leaving.

What did you guys think about that speech Nigel gave Molly and Nathan?

I thought he was right that Karen and Kevin didn't deserve to be in the bottom three, but I thought he was a little harsh to Nathan. I don't think Nathan was trying to be cocky when he said "I felt hot!" I think he was just trying to lighten the mood since they had just gotten such a bad critique. Plus did you see the look on their faces when they found out they were safe? I think they both expected to be in the bottom three. And Nigel basically told them "People only voted for you guys because Nathan is cute." Which may or may not be true, but I think was kind of rude to say.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I didn't get to see the results show, but he really said that to Nathan? :roll: Mollee and Nathan did not do well last week, but they are both charismatic people, and that's why people voted for them. Nathan's "I felt hot!" was funny, I thought.

SYTYCD is most definitely not a good competition for tappers, but it's encouraging that three of them made the Top 20 this year.

My male favorite is still Russell and my female favorite is still Karen.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.