What was I thinking then.

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

What was I thinking then.

Post by NotYourChick »

Do have a show that you watched when you were younger that you liked, but now can't understand why you watched?
- Amanda
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: What was I thinking then.

Post by Earth2Mama »

Yes, I remember watching this show ... I believe it was called "Out of This World". Basically, it was about a girl, who discovered on her 12th or 13th birthday that her father was an alien and her married him and had her. But the father was never shown on the show, as he had to back to his planet or something to that effect.

Thinking back on it now, the special effects were so cornball and fake-ish. The girls powers (I think she could freeze time by pointing her two index fingers together) was quite silly and unrealistic. But it was entertainment and I was all about the sci-fi back then.

Out Of This World<----- here a link to the plot summary and you can use the back button to find out who the stars were on the show.

Like I said, it was corny, but I was 12 at the time, so sue me! :lol:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
NotYourChick
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NotYourChick »

One of mine is Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I think I was in 1st or 2nd grade when they came out. I had all the dolls and everything. What they did to gear up makes me laugh now.
- Amanda
juliecollard87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by juliecollard87 »

My fav show when I was growing up was the secret world of Alex Mack.

From Wikipedia
Alex Mack is an ordinary teenage girl, living with her parents and older sister in the corporate town of Paradise Valley. One day, while walking from school, Alex is nearly hit by a truck from the chemical plant, and during the incident, she is drenched with a top-secret chemical called GC-161. It's not long after when Alex realizes the chemical has done something to her. She now has the power of telekinesis, can shoot electricity through her fingertips, and morph into a silver puddle. She confides only in her sister Annie and her best friend Ray about her powers and must keep them a secret from everyone else, including her parents, for fear of what the chemical plant CEO, Danielle Atron, will do to her if she finds out.

I remember I thought it was the coolest thing that she could turn to a puddle (A silver) and go under doors. Now looking back why didn't anyone every see her while she was in puddle form.
My Fics

The List

Unplanned Mistakes

"you can always go back to your soulmate thats what makes them your soulmate" Cappie from Greek
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I loved all those shows! As a kid I was sooooo addicted to Sailor Moon well actually I watched it from 5th-7th grade! My obsession was horrible. I had posters on my walls along side my backstreet boys posters. I was sooooooo a 1998-1999 kid. Then I found Dawson's Creek and Roswell and grew up out of that faze.

I was also so into Salute your Shorts and Hey Dude and Are You Afraid Of The Dark? I really miss those shows.

I miss a lot of shows that were more innocent. Now it seems like nothing but sex! Not that I'm complaing but teen age girls are getting the wrong message! I just miss simpler days. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Okay I'm going to show my age here....but I'm a child of the 80's. Great tv with great theme songs.

Now even though I liked this show as a kid I see it now and am like "Ohh my lord" :roll: :oops:

But it was called Streethawk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCItnKrXvMM
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

killjoy wrote:Okay I'm going to show my age here....but I'm a child of the 80's. Great tv with great theme songs.

Now even though I liked this show as a kid I see it now and am like "Ohh my lord" :roll: :oops:

But it was called Streethawk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCItnKrXvMM
Oh ...

My ...

God ...

:shock:

I sooooo had a crush on this guy, Rex Smith. :oops: But then again, I also had a crush on David Hasselhoff. :?

I blame the 80's! Weird stuff happened during the 80's ... regardless if you were a child, teenager or adult back then.

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

My only excuse for this was that I was three years old :oops: .....but lord dig the groovey 70's theme music :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUcktiQx ... re=related
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

LOL OMG ... the cheesy 70's music! LOL Damn, I was 2. Holy frak! :shock:

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Okay anyone remember Ghost Writer? The kids had a friend ghost who would help them solve mysteries by writing to them in a notebook. I used to watch it all the time. Very lame concept now that I'm older.

Then we have Kids Incorporated. After realizing who Fergie was I went back and watched an episode and I'm like God this show is awful and I used to never move from the TV when it was on.
Roswellian117 wrote:I loved all those shows! As a kid I was sooooo addicted to Sailor Moon well actually I watched it from 5th-7th grade! My obsession was horrible.
To this day my favorite show has and will always be Sailor Moon. I'm trying to save up to get all the box sets.